Please note, Minute to Win It was canceled by NBC and will not be returning. This means, obviously, that casting is no longer taking place. This article is being left up for reference purposes only.
Minute to Win It, hosted by Guy Fieri, is a game in which you don't need knowledge of trivia or any special skill set to play.
Apply by E-Mail
Since this is a prime time show, there is no set recording schedule. This means that you'll have to keep an eye on the casting calls to find out when they'll be looking for new contestants.
When there's a contestant search going on, check the official NBC casting page for details. You'll be asked to send in the following information by e-mail:
- Contact info (address, phone numbers, e-mail address)
- A recent photo
- A paragraph about yourself
You'll be required to put your city and state of residence in the subject line of the e-mail - don't forget to do this! Also, make sure the paragraph about yourself is descriptive and interesting, but not too long. You want to be enthusiastic and sound fun.
Apply with a Video by Mail
Alternatively, if you really want to make an impression, you can mail in a video and application. Make sure you read all of the information on this form carefully before filling it in. Here are the basic guidleines for your video - don't forget to read all of the instructions at the NBC site before you put it together though.
- Start with your name, age, hometown and state, and what you do for a living.
- Talk about yourself a little. Make it interesting and upbeat.
- Show them how you are at some of the games. Even if you flub it up, turn it into a blooper reel and make it entertaining.
- Include two photos with your video and application. One should be of just you, and the other should be with friends and/or family. These photos will not be returned, so don't send in originals.
- Videos should be between 3-5 minutes - do not go over this time limit.
- Video formats accepted are DVDs and DVs. Label your disc clearly with your name, address, and telephone number.
Send the completed package, including the video, completed application, photos, and a copy of your valid driver's license to:
Minute to Win It
P.O. Box 1599
Studio City, CA 91614-0599
Watch for Casting Calls
Minute to Win It also holds open casting calls, so keep your eye on that NBC casting page to find out where and when these calls will be held.
Good luck! If you get on the show, please let us know about it. We're always interested in hearing success stories from our readers!