Defying Gravity requires contestants to keep three balloons in the air for one minute. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it?
Keep three balloons from touching the floor or straying outside the designated play area.
- 3 inflated balloons
How to Play
- Just before the timer starts, push or throw three balloons into the air. Begin the timer when all three balloons are released.
- Using any part of your body, keep the balloons from touching the floor. The balloons must also stay within the designated play area. On the show, the play area includes all of the stage space within the barriers.
- All three balloons must remain in play for the full minute to win the game.
- If a balloon strays outside the play area, pops, or touches the floor, the game is over.
- You may use any part of your body to keep the balloons in play, but they may not rest on your body or be held.
Tips and Tricks
- Try to keep the balloons as high up in the air as you can, so they take longer to float back down to you.
- Keep an eye on the boundaries of the play area to ensure you don't step outside them.
- Try to keep the balloons in the air as close together as possible to avoid making heroic moves to save them from hitting the floor.
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.