Many game shows are established and have ongoing casting, while others are set to only air for a limited run and have seemingly fleeting casting calls. This list will be updated regularly with all of the open casting calls, ongoing contestant searches, and special events I can find. For even more calls, I've got a handy list of places to find casting calls as well.
Current Casting Calls
These casting calls are put out for a limited time only, so don't miss your chance!
- Families Needed -- It's a pretty vague casting call, but families are in demand for a "major network" game show. If you live in SoCal and are a family made up of both parents and two kids aged 8-16, visit Craigslist for more details.
- Another Family Show -- Here's another family game show (which could be the same as the one above). This ad specifies two adults and three kids aged 12-16, and says you could win up to $10,000.
- Sing If You Can -- RDF Media is looking for contestants for a new singing game show called Sing If You Can. The idea behind the show is that people will be required to sing hit songs while in extreme situations. If this interests you and you live in or near Los Angeles, you can book an audition through this Craigslist posting.
- Moms and Sons Who are Easily Scared -- Some game show casting calls can sound a little odd, like this one for example. A game show is looking for mothers and their sons (both parties have to be over 18) who scare easily. A "huge grand prize" is mentioned here too. Find out more at Craigslist.
- Big Brother -- Summer's favorite guilty pleasure is casting now for 2012. If you're interested in being cooped up in the Big Brother house for a couple of months, you can find the eligibility requirements and application (along with all the submission details) at CBS.com.
- Wipeout! -- Wipeout! is looking for contestants. To be considered for the show you'll first have to fill out an application, which is available at Mystic Art (free registration required). Submit the application from Mystic Arts, or print it out and bring it with you to an open casting call. Casting calls are listed at the ABC.com Casting page.