1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

John O'Hurley Leaving Family Feud

By January 21, 2010

Here's a good news/bad news situation if I've ever seen one. First the good news: Family Feud will be back for another season in September. The bad news, however, is that John O'Hurley will no longer be the host.

According to Broadcasting & Cable, our new Feud host will be Steve Harvey. Harvey hosted The Steve Harvey Show from 1996 to 2002, and is currently hosting a self-titled radio morning show that is syndicated nationally. You might also know him as one of the four featured comedians in the 2000 film, The Original Kings of Comedy. Harvey is a funny guy, and I'm sure he'll do well with Feud. That said, it's a shame to say goodbye to John O'Hurley, who has helmed the show since 2006.

O'Hurley is moving on to a variety of projects, including touring in the musical Chicago, working on a line of golf apparel, and starting up a new company involving renewable energy sources. He'll be missed on the Feud, but we wish him the very best in all his future endeavors!

Photo courtesy Debmar-Mercury

Comments

January 21, 2010 at 12:18 am
(1) Jason S. says:

This is the worst game show news since Millionaire decided to add a clock. John O’Hurley was born to host The Family Feud. At least they didn’t decide to get Richard Karn back, he was a good host of Bingo American but he didn’t have IT to host the Feud.

January 21, 2010 at 10:30 am
(2) Myke25 says:

Sad news indeed. I’m sure Mr. Harvey will do well. But John O’Hurley was born to be a game show host and did a great job on Feud.

If he ever decides to get back into the game, I can think of a proposed revival that he would be the perfect host for.

January 21, 2010 at 12:20 pm
(3) saintanthony says:

I’ve heard good things about Harvey’s upcoming week as guest host of Millionaire. It’s a shame to see O’Hurley leave, though.

January 21, 2010 at 6:03 pm
(4) Hellsbelles says:

Very bad news indeed. John O is perfect for Feud. Well, they had to have another Black host to answer complaints of not enough Blacks on TV.

January 22, 2010 at 12:29 am
(5) Carrie says:

Myke, I had a feeling you might say that! ;-) Can’t say I would disagree though.

Hellsbelles, I don’t think Harvey’s color has anything to do with why he got the gig. He’s professional, he’s funny, and he interacts with people very well. I think he’d do a great job with the show even if he were purple with green polka dots.

January 22, 2010 at 5:55 pm
(6) Connie says:

Family Feud is my favorite thing to watch on TV and John O’Hurley was the best host that it ever had.

January 22, 2010 at 6:41 pm
(7) organized-lady says:

I will not be watching the show in the future with Steve Harvey hosting. So many other choices would have kept my viewership

January 24, 2010 at 4:34 am
(8) Rick says:

The first time I saw John O’Hurley on Family Feud I thought that finally here’s a guy who has the style, pacing, comedy and intelligence of Bob Barker — only he’s hosting the ultra-silly Family Feud and should be hosting TPIR. Well, he’s leaving the Feud, which is ultimately a good thing, and hopefully after a few years of going out and getting back to his acting thing, and then finally when Drew Carey’s time is over (hopefully sooner than later), CBS will have the foresight to ask O’Hurley to take the spot he’s destined for.

January 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm
(9) Sandy says:

I am so disappointed to hear that John O’Hurly will no longer be hosting Family Feud. He was the best. I will no longer watch Family Feud.

January 25, 2010 at 9:51 pm
(10) vICKI says:

I can’t believe John O’Hurley is leaving Family Feud. He has been the best host since Richard Dawson. I agree the comment about they had to have a black game show host….what a shame!

January 26, 2010 at 8:05 am
(11) Brandon says:

There are people who actually say that John had become a bit disinterested—not that he hated Feud but he “always looked at it as a part time job.”

Problem is, if you are going to get a Steve Harvey… for a man like him who does 20 million things Feud definately is a part-time job and his stint might be another 4-year stint as well. I doubt it is much to worry about though, but I do wish Feud had a bit more consistancy.

And the comments about him being black are so ignorant. He is a brilliant man and anyone who had seen the Original Kings of Comedy tour would not be saying things like that, and I am really choosing my words nicely here.

February 4, 2010 at 6:47 pm
(12) Alberto says:

Steve Doocy from Fox and Friends would be a perfect host. He’s very quick witted.

February 7, 2010 at 1:15 pm
(13) don says:

I happen to be black, hellesbelles, and I hate the idea of John leaving whether or not the new host is black. Everything is not just black and white.

February 8, 2010 at 10:59 pm
(14) Dinamarie says:

I never watched “Family Feud” before John O’Hurley hosted and I won’t watch it after. He is classy, funny, & multi-talented. He’s written a couple of great books too. I really love his work. I hope he gets a sitcom, talk show or another game show. If they ever re-did “The Mary Tyler Moore” in a film…O’Hurley would be the perfect “Ted Baxter”. I couldn’t imagine anyone else playing it.

February 11, 2010 at 7:24 pm
(15) Joani says:

At first we thought John was too formal for the top spot. Today, we cannot get enough of his quick humor and great style. Indeed, he will be missed and I wish that he would give us another few years on this show. John O Hurley brings back to television what a gentleman really is. Clean,professional, funny, family oriented and Christian.

March 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm
(16) James says:

Looks like the show is trying to cater to the young hip hop crowd. Steve can’t stand in John’s shadow in this type of show format. John will be successful wherever he goes. And Steve will ‘clown’ some white people making them seem like dorks. That’s Steves angle, the black man is cool and the white man is the dork.

April 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm
(17) monnie says:

To everyone and anyone that has decided to make the new host of Family Feud an issue of color….Stop! If you watch, ok. If you decide not to watch it, ok. If everyone said ‘I am not going to watch this show or that show because they decided to have a caucasion hos’t, then what? The bottom line is noone likes change, but all of you will watch to see if Steve is “any good”, to see if he ‘MOCKS WHITE PEOPLE”, TO SEE IF HE SAYS OR DOES ANYTHING TO GIVE YOU A RESAON TO COMPLAIN! He may be the greatest host ever…and despite your thoughts, he is Christian…and funny…and talented. He is all those things, but most of all, he’s an entertainer that happens to be african american.

April 18, 2010 at 12:23 pm
(18) Mary Phillips says:

I think you are all nuts
for not keeping John O’Hurley
whats are all you egg heads thinking
he is the best thing that happen to family fued
he gave that show class and you will not have that anymore
so get off your butt and ask
John to come back
before it too late

April 27, 2010 at 1:30 am
(19) Scott says:

Recently I noticed episodes of Family Feud broadcasting on GSN and began to wonder what was going on … The way the show comes across on GSN makes me feel that everyone on that show … family contestants and the host as well … are trying to make it look like ‘old hat’ but there is the very real and prevalant aura that they are all wondering “I wonder what John O’Hurley would have said or done if here were here”. The entire show is OvEr the top with psychotic screaming and jumping around as if in an attempt to disguise the fact that our dear and beloved John O’Hurley ISN’T THERE AND HE AIN’T COMIN’ ROUND THE CORNER as much as we may keep looking at the corner and hoping that all the GSN hullabalou isn’t just a really bad joke. From what I gather there’s a new host coming in September … will it be on GSN or …. what’s the regular network?? In any event I will be recording episodes on my DVR for the time being however, once I have seen all of John’s episodes, I will cancel the recordings and move onto something else. John, WE LOVE YOU! I will go see Chicago [again] in your honor!

May 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm
(20) Linda McGow says:

I think Wayne Brady would be a good host for Family Feud. He
is pleasant, funny, and with his quick wit makes him perfect
for the job.

June 10, 2010 at 6:08 pm
(21) Black, White, Orange, does it matter? says:

Let’s give Steve Harvey a shot at it first, then make your negative comments. He’s a great actor, comedian, radio talk show host and I’m pretty sure he’ll do a great job at hosting the Feud. Good Luck to Steve Harvey!

June 13, 2010 at 7:10 pm
(22) Therese says:

We have enjoyed Family Feud for many years.
What has been so frustrating, is at the end of the show. We often don’t hear what the “Number #1″ answer was to the questions. If there is any way you can improve on this part of the show, we’d be delighted.
Thank You.

June 29, 2010 at 12:58 pm
(23) Jaycob says:

Steve Doocy?!?!?!?!! no…. no …no ….no……no. Steve Harvey will be a BRILLIANT….BRILLIANT host of Family Feud, and knowing that he will be the host only means that i will watch more of the show now. But Steve Doocy?!?! pull your head out of your ass. Hes a Fox newswhore and does not deserve to be the host of such an iconic show as Family Feud

July 3, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(24) NOWLATER says:

Hellsbelles you are a first class Moron !!.. I Too will mis John O. He is great.. Happy for Steve H. He will be brilliant !

July 9, 2010 at 11:05 am
(25) Pam R says:

He is such a good host. I would have loved to see he get the Price is Right. Will never watch Family Feud again.

July 15, 2010 at 11:30 am
(26) Cheryl says:

John O’Hurley WAS the best host since Richard Dawson. Steve Harvey is funny, but did you see him guest host “Millionaire”? He was so slow at giving the possible answer selections that the poor contestants hardly had any time left on the clock. The “fast money” clock will have to be raised to 6o seconds! Or else he will need to speed up his question reading.

July 15, 2010 at 2:12 pm
(27) MayaL says:

Hellebells, James and Vicki. You guys are ignorant cowards who hide behind blogs to spew your hatred, but wouldn’t dare have the nerve to say any of what you’re saying out loud and in a diverse environment. You represent the race card being thrown in reverse.

Regarding Feud and John O’Hurley, I think he’s done a great job and I loved his role as Mr. Peterman on Seinfeld. He’ll thrive where ever his career takes him.

Regarding the reference of John O’Hurley being Christian, Steve Harvey is as well. As a matter of fact, he’s hosted a Christian comedy special in recent years where he has not uttered a single explicitive.

Good points, NowLater; Black White, Orange does it Matter, Brandon; Monnie and Don.

Hellesbelles, James, Vicki and other spineless folks with hateful comments, no need in coming up with a hateful retort, as I only happened up on this blog when trying to find out why John O’Hurley was leaving the show and will probably never visit it again, plus, I want to have some real-time, face-to-face interaction with some noncowards.

July 19, 2010 at 12:30 pm
(28) barry allen says:

I won’t be watching anymore. Steve Harvey is not game host material.

July 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm
(29) Whiskers says:

I loved the show back when Richard Dawson was the host and gave it up when he left. I didn’t pick it back up again until John O’Hurley came on it and thought he was the best yet. I loved him on DWTS and on Seinfeld. A really classy guy with a quick wit and a sincere disposition.
I don’t know this Steve Harvey dude but am not impressed with the spots they have produced showing him as the next host. I agree the producers must be going for a different demographic with this choice and predict they will loose a large percentage of their oldest loyal viewers which will eventually bring an end to Family Fued.

July 21, 2010 at 10:58 am
(30) ann says:

I agree with Rick. I only watched Drew Carey on TPIR once & that was enough for me. Even the size of the theater where it is filmed is smaller since Bob Barker left. I really hope that when Drew Carey’s time is finally up that they will give the reigns to John O’Hurley.
Well I guess I can catch The Feud in reruns.

July 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm
(31) Kenny Strong says:

Wow, Im not happy about this John O Hurley is the man for the Fued,, hes past cool,, no one can fill his shoes,, they are making a huge mistake letting him go

July 30, 2010 at 3:34 pm
(32) Lorraine Mae says:

I won’t want to watch the Family Feud without John as the host. (Steve is cool, but it won’t be the same.) However, it sounds like John is moving on to bigger and better things, especially renewable energy! Good luck. We’ll miss your great personality every morning.

August 2, 2010 at 12:57 pm
(33) sidoti912 says:

John should have been the host on The Price is right!He would have been great he’s just like Bob when Bob was young.

sidoti912

August 2, 2010 at 8:24 pm
(34) jldiceman says:

I agree that John O was or is the man for Family Feud or any game show, because he has much class and is very funny, and I like him black or white. I’m sorry that some of you think that way about blacks, but I am black and I love John’s funniness and the enthusiasm that he bring to the show. I like Steve Harvey as well and he too is funny, but I have never seen him do a game show, but his show The Steve Harvey Show was one of my favorite. Truly I do not want to see John O’Hurley leave, and sometime in the future I hope that they will bring him back, I stopped watching Feud until he started the show. All let’s not get caught up in the black and white issue, I too want to see John remain, but let’s give Steve a chance, and John O if you or your agent read this please think of coming back in the future. GOD Bless you where you and your wonderful family may go.
P.S. Take good care of that young baby…jld-iceman

August 3, 2010 at 1:38 pm
(35) Billie says:

I can’t stand to listen to Steve Harvey. I don’t watch Millionaire when he is guest host and I certainly won’t be watching Feud as long as he is hosting that. Sorry to see John go.

August 6, 2010 at 8:02 pm
(36) What About Bob says:

I agree that Steve Harvey is a brilliant comedian. My only concern is that from the commercials, it sounds like Steve’s direction is going to be more on the R-rated side with a lot more sexual innuendo. John O’Hurley seemed to play down the ribald questions; after all it is “family” feud. Does anybody out there feel the same way or am I a dinosaur?

August 13, 2010 at 10:05 am
(37) j dacquisto says:

I think John was THE host of family feud! Such elegance and style was needed for a game show and he has it! Bring back Card Sharks or replace Sajak (zero prsonality) with John……..The format was better and could have spent a little more money to entice more viwers. We all love a winner! These game shows are more entertaining than soap operas and keep many minds active!!

August 15, 2010 at 7:15 pm
(38) Jan in ATL says:

I will miss John as well, but it is my understanding that he asked to leave to go on and do different things. If given the chance, Steve Harvey can be a great host of Family Feud.

For those of you who will not be watching because Steve is coming, I don’t think the network cares because Steve is well known and will bring in plenty of viewers replacing you.

August 27, 2010 at 1:02 pm
(39) Steve says:

I agree that John O’Hurley is the very best host the show has ever had, even better than kissy-face. But to say I’ll never watch the show again is pretty stupid. Maybe I”ll never speak to my wife again, or never take a bath again, or never eat again. That would make about as much sense.

August 30, 2010 at 1:02 pm
(40) Claudia says:

I love John O’Hurley as the host of Family Feud. He is the best host the show has ever had & keeps the show interesting & also funny at times. He has great interaction with the contestants. He’s a natural. I love, too, how he brings his son out at times. He is such a cutey. I wish John the very best, but I’ll really miss him as the Family Feud Host.

September 2, 2010 at 12:50 pm
(41) Sherry Williamson says:

I have watched family feud since Richard Dawson. John O’Hurley to me has been the best. I can’t stand Steve Harvey and I am going to refuse to watch this game show. you people sure know how to ruin a good thing when it is in front of you.

September 3, 2010 at 12:08 pm
(42) betty kraeuter says:

why can/t the show play without all the hand slapping. It takes all the fun out of the show. It makes them all look like idiots. Richard Dawson didn’t have his contestants do that.

September 7, 2010 at 8:10 am
(43) Kay says:

Carrie, his color nor O’Hurley’s color has anything to do with it. Why does the race card always have to be brought up? Yes, some blacks are successful just because, move past it!
The network needed someone popular to step into some very big shoes. I don’t know how long Steve Harvey will last because he’s very raunchy at times and I don’t know if the viewers will turn him off after a while and ratings will drop. I know that I won’t be watching because of the type of questions Harvey will have the latitude to ask the contestants. O’Hurley was perfect for the show, famly oriented (kept it clean) and gorgeous to look at, so I will miss him.

September 7, 2010 at 9:08 am
(44) Carrie says:

Kay, I agree with you that color has nothing to do with anything. When the show starts back up again, I hope everyone gives Steve Harvey a fair chance and tunes in to see the game.

September 11, 2010 at 1:35 am
(45) debbie says:

John brought class and style to TV ,will be missed by millions .Watching the show will not be the same.I do hope that he will be on TV in another game show like the price is right would be a good thing.God bless you & your family.

September 12, 2010 at 11:15 pm
(46) Nancy and Con says:

Sorry to see that John is leaving the program. We really enjoy him as the host of Family Feud. Enjoyed his books too. We wish him the best for sure. He has an adorable little boy. Good Luck John.
from Nancy and Con…:London Ontario

September 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm
(47) boca says:

There can never be another host after john. We will miss him. It was a daily ritual to watch at lunch. Guess we’ll have to start a new tradition.Gave Steve a try and he seemed stiff nd not funny. Will give a few more trys but not holding our breath. Hate it when something you love is over. I know life goes on and accept change but sometimes……..

September 13, 2010 at 2:15 pm
(48) colleen says:

it’s a shame to see John leave family f. , don’t know if i will watch it now.

September 13, 2010 at 2:26 pm
(49) JANICE says:

I NEVER WATCHED FAMILY FUED UNTIL JOHN CAME ON. I WILL GRADUALLY STOP WATCHING AGAIN. HE WAS THE BEST THE SHOW WAS FUN TO WATCH WHILE EATING LUNCH. BOO WHOOO !!!

September 13, 2010 at 4:47 pm
(50) Fred and Pam says:

Loved John O’Hurley as the host, best by far, even better than Richard Dawson! As far as Steve Harvey, he always seems so stiff. Not nearly as funny as O’Hurley, will give him a chance, but will always miss John. O’Hurley should become the host of The Price is Right, Drew Carey was a very poor choice. He’s boring, doesn’t carry his voice very well, and somewhat unprofessional, especially after Bob Barker.
GOOD LUCK JOHN!!

September 13, 2010 at 6:12 pm
(51) Chezlindy says:

We will not be watching Family Feud anymore..John O’Hurley made the show a delight to watch..his personality lit up the show..the new MC is painful to watch…It’s like he’s trying too hard…

September 13, 2010 at 7:24 pm
(52) Lisa says:

I just watched Family Fued with the new host and new set for the first time…not impressed at all. Bring back John O!

September 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm
(53) English major says:

Steve, please learn how to properly pronounce “asked”!!!

September 14, 2010 at 5:02 pm
(54) Nancy says:

John O’Hurley was a class act and I can think of no one who could replace him. He was the best! I never liked Richard Dawson with his smirky sarcasm and the phony kissing so John has been my favorite host. The show is definitely not the same!

September 15, 2010 at 9:48 am
(55) not good move says:

Really bad move. I watched it since the new guy took over. Awful. Not a good fit at all. The flair and class that John Hurley had cannot be compared, especially with this guy. He might fit somewhere else ok, but definitely not taking John Hurleys’ place on Family Feud. I used to watch it everyday like clockwork-can’t stand watching now. No more family feud for me.

September 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm
(56) VnVet says:

OK; so did anybody complain about the race of: Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Lonnie Anderson, Richard Karn and John O’Hurley?????
Does what’s the fuss about Steve Harvey’s race???

September 15, 2010 at 9:41 pm
(57) Linda says:

I think there good of been a better pick than Steve Harvey to host the show. I will John O’Hurley the best. I have watched the show Steve Harvey isn’t a good game show host. I like Steve Harvey but not on Family Feud. Good luck to both but I will change stations now and watch something else.

September 16, 2010 at 12:44 pm
(58) janice says:

john o hurley was perfect for family feud. he needs to come back. i will not watch family feud without him. he made me love that show and was my favorite,not any more. john,why did you do this to us?

September 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm
(59) nancy and Con says:

We have now wa ched Steve Harvey for a couple of days and sorry to say he is no John O’Hurley.We are sure he is going to do a good job but I doubt we will be watching. John had a flare and a lot of class as this host. We miss him. All the best to you John if you see these comments.

September 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm
(60) Crickett Long says:

John O’Hurley was a good host. He brought a down to earth to the show. I will miss him.

September 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm
(61) Sharon says:

I didn’t realize the change was coming. I’m so disappointed because I loved John O’Hurley!!! He was so funny and made me laugh with just a look. Steve Harvey is trying to make a comic routine out of way to many questions and answers. I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16, 2010 at 6:10 pm
(62) Jane Yacko says:

I was not aware that John O’Hurley was leaving Family Feud…as a matter of fact, I came back to watching the show because of his great personality. I would come home from work at night knowing that I could turn on Family Feud and unwind and laugh the work day away. I have tried to watch Steve Harvey and sadly had to switch the channel. He may be a comedian but he doesn’t give the “warm and fuzzy” feeling you expected when John was there. This reminds me of Drew Carey taking over for Bob Barker. Bob had great charisma as does John…I no longer watch that show either.
I wish John great success with his endeavors, and must say farewell to Family Feud…back to watching TVland…sigh

September 17, 2010 at 11:12 am
(63) Mary Lou Weiford says:

What a disapointment I had today 9/17/10 and my favorite host, John OHurly was not there. I went ahead and watched Steve Harvey but he’s no match to John when it come to being a host. Steve is a comic not a show host for the Feud.

September 17, 2010 at 12:15 pm
(64) Dissappointed Nonny says:

I have watched Family Feud since Richard Dawson and John O’Hurley was the BEST.. so upset he is gone. I will watch it.. But the New guy.. Just Don’t have it…. :( :(

September 17, 2010 at 2:43 pm
(65) Alice Crandall says:

We have so much enjoyed John O’Hurley on the family feud. He is just the perfect host for any show. I kept nominating him to replace Bob Barker on The Price is Right. They both have that suave, debonaire, classy act that makes a great game show host. We will certainly miss John, he cannot be replaced. I hope he will know just how much we ejoyed him on that show, and how much he will be missed. Good luck in what he will be doing, but we certainly will wish him back with us too.

September 17, 2010 at 2:49 pm
(66) cloeilu says:

When John replaced Richard, he seemed like he was trying too hard and corny. But I attributed that to “first day jitters”. Give Steve a chance to get over his “first day jitters” I’m sure he will do just fine. Miss you John! Just as I missed Richard, and Louie. Will continue to watch the show.

September 17, 2010 at 4:02 pm
(67) Linda says:

I look forward each day eating my lunch and watching Family Feud. I was so surprised this week when John O’Hurley was not on the show. I was thinking that Steve Harvey was filling in for John while on vacation. The second day I noticed that the set had been completely changed, I knew from that, John was gone. I am very disappointed in the network. I’m not sure how “family” friendly the show will be. The sexual innuendos bother me. I will certainly miss John. He was the perfect host for Family Feud.

September 17, 2010 at 9:34 pm
(68) Jennifer says:

I am glad John is gone! Welcome Steve.

September 18, 2010 at 6:51 am
(69) Nancy G says:

Loved that show, I also watched during lunch, and got my husband watching also. Will not be watching now. John was the best host ever. Soooooo smart and funny. Loved him!!!
Looks like he will be missed very much!

September 18, 2010 at 3:42 pm
(70) Carol says:

I have already seen Steve Harvey as host of Family Feud, but what USED to be one of my favorite game shows, is no longer. I truly miss John O’Hurley…..the show is not the ame w/o him!!! The ratings will plummet quickly……..

September 19, 2010 at 8:09 pm
(71) Elizabeth Carr says:

I will NOT
be watching family feud again. John O’Hurley was what made family feud. I had never watched the show before he became the host. Cannot believe you let him go- “BIG” mistake. You have ruined this game show.

September 20, 2010 at 10:40 am
(72) Joan says:

I hope it was John’s choice to leave; I think the show has lost a unique wit and charm with him gone. He was so quick coming up with a witty yet non-offensive reply when a contestant gave a really bad answer. I’m not watching it anymore. I hope he will be back on TV on a regular basis if he wants to be.

September 20, 2010 at 5:11 pm
(73) Margaret says:

I hadn’t heard of the change is hosts. John was real class, something we need more of. I’ll miss him and won’t watch the show as much as before.

September 20, 2010 at 5:54 pm
(74) Joan Coufal says:

I have watched all the Family Feud hosts in the years past, and John O’Hurly was my absolute favorite. He was a natural for the show. I have always enjoyed watching Family Feud, but I will miss John O’Hurly very, very much. He made the game show extra special and so enjoyable. Was so sorry to hear that he is no longer with the show.

September 21, 2010 at 12:00 am
(75) Jean says:

since Steve took over Family Feud, I have noticed there has to be at least one black family on each session. Also, I have noticed some favoritism from the host. Today the question was “Name a place a husband might spend the night when he has been kicked out of the house.” The white lady rang in first. She said “spare bedroom” which, of course, was wrong. Steve instructed the black lady to “listen carefully to the question” and he emphasized “out of the house”. He also ridicules white contestants when they say something stupid…not so for the black family.

September 21, 2010 at 9:28 pm
(76) Catherine says:

Well Jean apparently we were not watching the same show.
One lady on the Black family said couch or sofa (or something like that) and that is when Steve said please pay very close attention to the question (he said sometihng like that) Apparently he said it because people were not listening to the question. I also like John O’Hurly. I think he was an excellent host; but has it occured to you that he might want to try other adventures?
I think Steve is doing a great job. He is funny. As far as I can see he has not shown any favoritism. As for your comment, since Steve took over Family Feud, you have noticed there has to be at least one black family on each session, have you joticed there has to be at least one white family on the session. Have you done any reasearch? Who picks the families? Is it Steve? Get a life!and get your facts together!

September 22, 2010 at 9:11 pm
(77) Eileen H says:

This is the worst news. John O’Hurley was the best!!!!!
What in the world is the network thinking. Do they even care
what people want? I have spent many hours watching the show, even when I had better things to do, just because John
makes the show so enjoyable. You have got to be kidding. Please bring John back.

September 22, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(78) Cami says:

I watched the show the other day w/Mr. Harvey but I just felt this urge to turn the channel…I no longer have the same excitement for the family fued time slot as i had in the past w/Mr. O’Hurley. John is/was the reason I’m buying the wii game Family Fued. :( He is missed. I will always like Steve Harvey for what he does in his other professions & I should be fair to give the change a chance but it just isn’t doing it for me…& FF was basically the only gameshow I’d watched, so now what?. Toodles FF…Good Luck Steve, maybe I’ll check in from time to time…Miss u John O’Hurley-you made me love u (ff) & Good Luck in your new endeavors… :D . Signing off…

September 23, 2010 at 2:53 pm
(79) da bears says:

i still think he should replace drew carey on the price is right. carey sucks on that show.

September 23, 2010 at 4:13 pm
(80) Ann Swaney says:

I tuned in to watch Family Feud this morning and I was shocked to find the format has changed, John O’ Hurley was no longer there, and Steve Harvey is the new host. BAD, BAD, DECISION! Steve Harvey is awful! I can’t stand the show now, so I have switched channels and moved on. I hate this show now, and will no longer be watching it.

September 23, 2010 at 5:35 pm
(81) Mick says:

It is a sad day indeed that the best host for the Feud is no longer there. Instead, he was replaced with a very un-natural, not funny by any means…Steve Harvey! What in the hell is the network thinking by bringing in Harvey? He is talentless other than telling dirty jokes on stage. I am curious as to why John O’Hurley left the show. I don’t buy the “retired” bit. SAVE FAMILY FEUD and dump that bozo…Steve Harvey.

September 24, 2010 at 5:28 pm
(82) Dave says:

Will miss John on the show. He was great.
We can’t replace people, so Steve cannot replace John and shouldn’t be expected to. Rather, Steve will be what he is – a fabulously funny and most capable guy. I Like him!!

September 27, 2010 at 3:06 pm
(83) Gerri says:

John O’Hurley was the best host of Family Feud. Steve is trying hard but the show is just not the same without John. May God bless him in whatever he undertakes in life.

September 27, 2010 at 5:27 pm
(84) Dolly says:

Big Mistake!! John O’Hurley was the best. Who made this stupid decision??

September 27, 2010 at 11:13 pm
(85) slcc says:

the show is just not the same without John O’Hurley. This house probably won’t be watching anymore. It is a sad day for me.

September 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm
(86) Bonnie says:

I was surprised when I turned on Family Feud and instead of seeing the adorable John O’hurley, I saw instead Steve Harvey. I watched Family Feud because of John O’Hurley hosting it. He made the show very entertaining and fun to watch. I wish all the best to John and his family in his new adventures. But let it be known that he will be missed by millions of fans that had him come into their homes when they watched Family Feud. I won’t be watching that show any more, unless John comes back to host it sometime down the road.

September 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm
(87) Janet says:

I’m so sad that John O’Hurley has left he Family Feud. He was the best host they ever had. I’ve watched Family Feud once since Steve Harvey took over. Although he may be a very nice man, he just does NOT cut it as the host. Very stiff and scripted…..

September 30, 2010 at 12:38 pm
(88) John B says:

We have watched Steve now for over a week to give him a chance, but he is no where close to John O. We will not be watching in the future.

September 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm
(89) scott says:

John O’Hurley was the reason my wife and I watched Feud. He is going to be missed. We tried watching the new season with Steve Harvey. How depressing. You’ve lost a viewer. Good luck to John, and take a suggestion. Start looking for a replacement for Steve

October 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm
(90) Lee Anne Bean says:

I like the new host better, although John was good this one lends more to the game.

October 4, 2010 at 2:05 pm
(91) Lovely Cindy says:

Who cares? Stupid game show anyways….PU

October 5, 2010 at 8:31 pm
(92) LILLYK says:

I’m very sad to hear that he’s leaving the show. He was a great host and he had so much class. I will miss the times his son came on the show and we were able to see how fast he was growing.
My best wishes to him and his family. Lilly

October 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm
(93) suzanne says:

I hate that John O’hurley has left Family Fued!

I never thought Steve Harvey was funny…and it kills me having to sit through Family Fued while Steve Harvey waste so much time trying to get a laugh. He’s obviously has Family Fued confused with the Kings of Comedy.

Hey Steve…it’s not the comedy club!

John O’Hurley had Humor, Class, and Style…he will be missed alot.

October 13, 2010 at 2:07 pm
(94) Lee Benton says:

I watched the first few shows with Steve harvey . He just does not inneract with the contestants like JOhn O”Hurley did.
No more Family Feud for me unless John returns as the host. He is so refined and yet canve so funny, A real genleman.

October 14, 2010 at 5:20 am
(95) who_cares says:

John, is the worst host EVER! he’s the BIGGEST dork looking freak EVER on TV! ALL-AROUND FAKE!

October 15, 2010 at 1:01 pm
(96) Carol says:

I always thought John O Hurley should have been the new host on Price is Right. Anything is better than Drew Carey.

October 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm
(97) joyce says:

Has anyone bothered to check why John O’Hurley left the Feud? One of the reasons is that he will be touring in the Broadway musical “Chicago”, singing and dancing in the role of the lawyer. Far better medium for him than the Feud!!!! where he was wasting his talent. He has other projects he is working on. I can’t believe that some folks suggest other game shows he could be hosting…..but then those people have never seen live Broadway theater. Hope he never will lower himself and waste his talents on daytime game shows….more power to him!!

November 9, 2010 at 9:32 pm
(98) jennifer says:

oh,how sad.Family feud will not be the same at all,without john O’Hurley.He is sophisticated,distingueshed,profeesional,yet funny,friendly,and well liked.He just had it all as the host of this show that braught it back,I feel.
they should have offered him more money to stay!lol.Well,I understand he wanted to leave and persue other things in his life,which is what actors do.And reading some of the things he wants to persue,I left out how noble he is too!lol.So with that,I wish him well,but he has to know that he should have taken more money so he could have stayed,no but really,he will be missed.I do not like steve harvey,because I think that john O’Hurley is irreplaceable as the host of this show.thanks you for allowing me to comment.We wish him well.

November 16, 2010 at 2:40 pm
(99) Elaine says:

Well I won’t be watching the Feud anymnore. John was so classy & Steve hasrvey is obnoxious

November 22, 2010 at 12:11 pm
(100) nico says:

The J O was exactly what all are saying.10000000% class to an otherwise ridiculous show. As for the “got the gig cuzz he’s black thing”.. hell YES .. get real.This guy is a typical NOT funny overhyper lame moron in comparison to the other guy.
They’ve settled for hog jowls where there was once pheasant under glass.Tyical of hollywood though. Always the ones with the LEAST talent getting the big breaks.An ya.. especially IF you happen to be ANYTHING but caucasion these days.
Oh well…. such is life.

November 24, 2010 at 2:19 pm
(101) carole says:

I miss John. I don’t watch the show as much. Bring John back. If he doesn’t come back I hope he gets a bigger and better show. He was the best host of all time

November 30, 2010 at 12:53 pm
(102) Sandy Taylor says:

Really miss John O’Hurley. Such great humor and wit. I wish him all the best in all is new endeavors.

December 8, 2010 at 9:34 pm
(103) mike wangert says:

john makes you believe in the Darwin theory u know drew
steve who ? oh ya right harvey

December 9, 2010 at 10:09 am
(104) reigny says:

Honestly, I cannot STAND Steve Harvey on this show. He is NOT funny on it and it makes the show look very cheesy!

Can we get another show host please?

December 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm
(105) Golden Black Spoon says:

WOW wow i must say this is like chosing a black president huh brings out the triple Ks haha u poor ignorant ppl. no matter what u say Steve is there and black people r free an willl always be around so hey suck it up. We miss u John !! nothing last 4ever!! just like we all humans and we all will be going one place….back to dirt!!Good luck to u John ans Steve welcome i will watch b4 i judge ur performance >peace out and God bless u

December 23, 2010 at 3:32 pm
(106) erica says:

Steve Harvey is NOT funny.. I think I laughed once out of all the times he’s tried to get people to laugh. Has anyone noticed that they don’t even introduce the families anymore?? BRING BACK JOHN!!

January 17, 2011 at 9:58 pm
(107) Nancy says:

I have stopped watching Family Fued, it was a good show to sit and watch with my dughter. She even asked where is John the other guy. It just is not the same great show!! He had class!

January 28, 2011 at 8:45 pm
(108) William Paquin says:

Greetings, John, from Providence College 1954 Graduate. What year did you graduate from PC?

March 9, 2011 at 10:35 am
(109) D. Ward says:

I have watched Family Fued since Steve Harvey started hosting the show and I do not like it. I don’t think Steve Harvey is funny at all. And I agree with one of the previous comments, he has no class.
I really like when John O’Hurley hosted the show, he was always so sweet.
I am not going to watch the show any more. I dislike it that much.

March 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm
(110) Evelyn says:

I really liked John O’Hurley, but he decided it was time to move on and do something else. Mr. Harvey is sort of good although sometimes his interaction with the contestants leaves something to be desired.
What I’d like to know is why there haven’t been any new shows aired here in Canada? This is the end of March 2011 and the shows that are being aired are still from 2010. Could there be a problem with the host and his manner? I’d be interested to find out.
I don’t watch the show very often now because they are all repeats.

April 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm
(111) tjpete139 says:

This is surely bad news, but you know Dawson had a
comeback, and anything could happen!

November 19, 2011 at 2:14 am
(112) Pam S. says:

My mother is in a nursing home and John O’Hurley was her favorite game show host. Many residents enjoy the GSN channel and Family Feud was always their favorite. I hope the new host will continue the fine tradition left by O’Hurley.

December 7, 2011 at 4:45 pm
(113) Janene says:

John was the greatest. I have only watched it twice since he left. Can’t watch it anymore. It is not the same. John was GREAT.

December 24, 2011 at 12:46 am
(114) me2u says:

I really loved John but Steve is super hilarious. I realize people get use to things; however, give Steve a try. He is sooooooo funny!

June 4, 2012 at 11:14 pm
(115) CASPer says:

I am so sorry to see John leave Family Fued. He is what made the show. He is like Regis, they are meant for these ypes of hosting I stopped watchin Who wants to be a Millioaire when they put Meridith on there, Now I will have to stop watching Family Feud. What are people suppose to watch on TV? They get a good show on and then they want to mess it up by taking off their top hosts. TV is getting so it sucks.

June 4, 2012 at 11:14 pm
(116) CASPer says:

July 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(117) LISA says:

I always thought Family Feud was a family show. Now, the reference to sexual context has taken over the show. I enjoyed watching with my grandson, but no longer feel comfortable doing so.’Surely, there are other questions that can be asked.
Please think about.

August 11, 2012 at 12:34 pm
(118) Meatball says:

John O’ Hurley was perfect for family feud. I have to catch the one at five o’clock, thats the only time he is on. He is/was my favorite host for family feud. Steve harvey thinks he is funny but he is weird and the oppisite of funny. Bring O’ Hurley back!!!

September 3, 2012 at 8:13 pm
(119) Jeff says:

It now seems like the answers are rigged..no way the survey would have some answers they say…..Harvey is ok ,but the show should now be rarted R due to it’s content .

September 3, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(120) Jeff says:

Correction……..rated

September 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm
(121) Jeff says:

Correction…….rated

September 6, 2012 at 5:22 pm
(122) tarnishedtiara says:

I think Steve Harvey is the best host since Richard Dawson! The show is funny because of Harvey’s reactions to the people’s answers. Also, the innuendo goes completely over my 10, 7, and 6 year old’s heads. Lighten up, there are worse things in the world than a little innuendo. John O’Hurely was awkward and stiff.

October 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm
(123) crazy8 says:

Hey, I must be showing my age but I have not watch family feud since Richard Dawson was tht host. He was the original and the best.

December 10, 2012 at 4:05 am
(124) Bruce Chanel says:

I think it’s nice that Steve Harvey still allows white people on the Family Feud.

April 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(125) Mary says:

John O’Hurly is the best
I think they should have given him Bob Barker’s Job on Price is right
instead of the one they did!!!!!! John would have been perfect for
Price is Right!!

April 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm
(126) D Shingledecker says:

Steve Harvey is absolutely awesome!

June 11, 2013 at 10:50 am
(127) Michele says:

I always like John O’Hurley the best. He was always the one with the humor when he came out at the beginning and with his reactions to the answers he got from the contestants. He also always told us who the returning champions were when the game started. That’s one thing that Steve Harvey doesn’t do. He doesn’t even introduce the families! So, I also just watch the show at 5:00PM because it’s the only one on with John still on it. Also on Saturday, I’ll watch the shows either at 8:00PM or 10:00PM because they’re both the same show, but, at least, it’s John O’Hurley as the host.

September 6, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(128) Carolyn Golden says:

I love GSN but Family Feud is on all day long. ThisAM it went on at 9AM then it will go on at 1:00 and on and on through though the day. I am really sick of it. When it comes on the regular channel , I don’t even turn it on any more. In other words, too many times on GSN

November 4, 2013 at 7:59 pm
(129) Mike says:

Today’s Family Feud is more or less a circus. The idiocy amongst the contestants is the worst ever in Feud’s history. The Dawson era was the most refined; silly, yes but not the neanderthal-ic unruliness and crudeness of the Harvey version. Any why must GSN run episode after episode of Family Feud? The show is a reflection of the Jerry Springer rude, crude, anti family friendly programming.