From the article: What to Expect at a 'Deal or No Deal' Casting Call
If you've ever attended a 'Deal or No Deal' casting call, here's your chance to share your best tips and advice with others! So many people want to be a contestant on this show, so if you've been through the audition process, let's pool our resources and share as much information as we can.
Barbie Doll's Dream
- 64yrs.old tried many different jobs from deck saw operator to truck driver. Love watching Deal or No Deal twice a day. Need to have fun and win money to pay off a mortgage we had to go into 3 yrs. ago, after our home was destroyed by fire, which we still owed on. Not enough insurance to build another so had to take out a mortgage, and we are now on social security.On a game show I could have lots of fun and win a little or a whole lot.
- —Guest barbara brown
I was on 'Deal or No Deal' and won
- Love the show. If you are a type of person who likes to have fun, lots of energy and like people, don't mind losing, just have fun, love the show, and can just be yourself, you will get on. Don't give up! I won - it took me one year and four months to get on the show. Howie was Great! I do miss the show in prime time, it was like family and I was there only two days! I wish I could go back for the excitement! Sept 22 2009 I never will forget that date!
Bring a Friend
- Arrive early and bring a friend! You will be bored out of your mind in line. Also having a friend there will relax you once you get into the room and have to talk about yourself. One other thing. Don't overdo the makeup ladies. Keep it natural.
- —Guest Michelle
Plan in Advance
- One thing that will come in handy is if you have some interesting facts and stories about yourself ready to tell. Things like nicknames and the reason for them or reasons why your job is especially interesting. If you have unique hobbies, make sure you tell them that too.
- —Guest William
Deal or No Deal Casting Call Tip
- I attended a casting call just over a month ago and my best advice is that you should smile lots. Be upbeat and positive, and smile and/or laugh whenever you can. They want happy people on the show. Good luck to everyone!
- —Guest Sharon