Stacking soda cans isn't that tricky - unless you also have to float them on water.
The goal of Floatacious is to stack five soda cans on top of a paper plate that is floating in a large bowl of water. You have one minute ... to win it.
- Large bowl filled with water
- One paper plate
- Five empty soda cans with the tabs removed
How to Play
To set up, place the bowl on a table with the paper plate on the right and the soda cans on the left.
When the one-minute timer starts, place the paper plate in the bowl and stack all five cans on top of it. The cans must all be stacked on top of the plate, in the bowl of water, before the timer finishes.
- You must place the plate in the water before adding the cans.
- The tower of cans must be freestanding for at least three seconds to win.
Tips and Tricks
- After placing the plate in the water, wait a couple of seconds for the ripples to die out before placing the first can.
- If the rules allow (and the official rules are unclear on this), after the first can is placed, stack two cans in your hand and place this mini-stack on the tower. This will reduce the amount of time you have to wait out the motion of the water after each placement.
- Be gentle!
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.