Minute to Win It game Go the Distance requires you to use a tape measure to roll ping pong balls into shot glasses.
Roll three ping pong balls into three shot glasses from varying distances, using a tape measure as a bridge, in one minute.
- Standard tape measure
- Ping pong balls (3 minimum, but preferably lots more)
- 3 shot glasses
How to Play
Line the shot glasses up on a table, at distances of 5', 6', and 7' away from the start point. Place the tape measure and ping pong balls about five feet away from the glasses to start. Choose one hand, which will be the only hand used to touch the tape measure once a ball is placed.
When the one-minute timer begins, grab the tape measure and extend it towards the nearest shot glass. Pick up a ping pong ball and try to roll it into the glass. Once you've found success with the first glass, move on to the next one. In order to win this game, all three shot glasses must contain ping ping balls and the tape measure must be retracted before the timer goes off.
- Remember that only the chosen hand may touch the tape measure once the ball is placed.
- Only one ball may be on the tape measure at any time.
- You may not hook the end of the tape measure over the lip of the shot glass.
- You must go in order, from closest to furthest shot glass.
- If you knock over a shot glass, the game is finished.
Tips and Tricks
The real trick to this game is getting the right angle with the tape measure. If the ball rolls too quickly, it will fly past the shot glass. Practice different angles until you can consistently find the right one quickly.
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.