In order to try this game, you'll have to create a 32" platform on which to stand. An average milk crate is about 18" tall, so stacking two of them securely will give you an approximate height. You can always stack a couple of books on the floor to place the pencil "elevator" on to begin, to make up the height difference. Be careful with this one!
Raise three M&M candies from the floor to your mouth, using an "elevator" made up of two pencils secured with string and hung from your ears, which will act as the pulleys.
- 32" platform
- Two pencils
- Kite string
- Three M&M candies
How to Play
First, fashion your elevator. Tie the two pencils together using one length of kite string on each end. Make sure there's enough string to reach from the floor, up the platform, over your ears, and to your hands.
Climb onto the platform with the candy elevator resting on the floor. Place the strings over your ears. Start the timer.
Pull on the strings, one in each hand, so that the pencils carry the candies to your mouth. Get all three candies in your mouth without touching the pencils or the candies, within one minute.
- You cannot cross the strings - the left string must be in the left hand, and the right string in the right hand.
- You cannot touch the pencils or candies with your hands at any time.
- You can use your body to hold or guide the string, but no other objects can be in play.
- If one or more candies fall, the game is over.
Tips and Tricks
- Try to keep the strings even so that the candies don't slide off.
- If you need to secure the ends of the strings, do so with your elbows against your body.
- When the candies reach your face, put your mouth to one side of the M&Ms and gently pull the opposite side's string to slide them into your mouth.
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.
Holiday Themed Candy
You can easily change Candy Elevator to make it suitable for any holiday-themed party. Use small red and green striped peppermints to a Christmas game, or candy corn for a Halloween theme. Just keep the candies small so that they'll stay on the pencils.