Threading a needle can be difficult even with both hands and all the time in the world. This game is a true test of patience and a steady hand.
Thread ten needles with consecutively smaller eyes, using only one hand, in one minute or less.
- Standard sewing thread
- Ten sewing needles, each with different sized eyes
- Foam or other material to secure the needles in a row
How to Play
- Place the needles in a row in the foam, starting with the largest on the left, and running from largest to smallest.
- Take the thread in one hand.
- When the timer begins, start threading the needles with one hand, one at a time, until all ten have been threaded.
- You may not prepare the thread in any way before the timer begins.
- Once the game is underway, you may use your mouth to wet the thread.
- The entire diameter of the thread must be through all ten needles in order to complete the game.
Tips and Tricks
- If possible, lean your elbow on the table to keep your hand steady.
- If the thread begins to fray, moisten and twist the end with your mouth to keep it all together.
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.