Can you balance an egg on a light bulb? Bet you've never considered that before! You can if you have a little salt and a steady hand.
Balance two eggs on two upright light bulbs, using only the contents of a packet of salt to help keep them steady.
- Two lamps with light bulbs, shades removed
- Raw eggs
- Restaurant-sized packet of salt
How to Play
No real prep work is necessary for this game, once you have all of your equipment ready. When the timer begins, take the packet of salt and open it. Sprinkle the salt on the light bulbs, and attempt to balance an egg on top of each one, using only the salt to keep the eggs in place.
- You may hold as many eggs at one time as you'd like to.
- If an egg falls off, a new one must be balanced.
- Both eggs must be balanced on the light bulbs, concurrently, for three consecutive seconds to win.
Tips and Tricks
- Use the salt as sparingly as possible to avoid running out.
- Sprinkle the salt slowly, concentrating on the middle of the bulb, so that it won't run off the sides.
- Hold the egg upright in your hand for a moment before placing it to allow the yolk to settle and stop moving.
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.