Blind Ball requires contestants to gather large toy balls while blindfolded. It's definitely tricky, but with a little patience and concentration you'll be able to master it in no time.
While blindfolded, you must locate, pick up, and hold onto two out of four balls that are precariously balanced on top of four cardboard tubes.
- Four lightweight toy balls - the show uses polypropylene balls
- Four sturdy cardboard tubes of varying heights
- Computer chair (or other chair that can spin)
How to Play
- Set up the game by standing the tubes in a semi-circle, and placing one ball on top of each.
- Blindfold the player, and have him sit in the chair. Spin the chair three times, allow the player to stand, then immediately start the timer.
- The player begins searching for the balls. When one is located, it must be picked up and held before hitting the floor.
- After the first ball is found, it must be carried while the player is searching for a second ball. When the player is holding two of the balls for three consecutive seconds, the game is complete.
- Players may not hold the balls inside clothing to secure them.
- Players cannoth crawl or otherwise scoot around in search of the balls.
- As soon as a ball hits the floor, it is out of play.
- If more than one ball falls, the game is over.
Tips and Tricks
- Before being blindfolded, estimate how many steps it will take you to get to one of the balls, and try to memorize the setup.
- As you are searching, reach out open palms and be ready to grab the ball quickly with bothe hands as soon as you make contact.
The blueprint with video instructions for this game can be found at NBC.com.