Note: Power of 10 is no longer airing, and therefore not accepting contestant applications. The information contained in this article is for reference purposes only, and will be updated in the event the show returns.
Power of 10 gives contestants the chance to win up to ten million dollars. If you think you've got a pulse on how Americans feel, this is the perfect game show for you!
Applications for Power of 10 can be found online at the CBS website. The form requires Adobe Reader, which you can download for free. Print out the form and follow the instructions to get your application package ready.
There are a number of requirements and rules that need to be adhered to in order to apply for the show. Here is a brief overview of these rules, which are explained in detail in the form itself.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to appear on Power of 10.
- Applicants must not be employed by (or immediate family of someone employed by) any CBS company, Sony Entertainment, Rasmussen Reports, or any subsidiary of these outfits. See the application form for a complete list.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Contestants may not be running for public office, and may not become candidates before the broadcast of their appearance on the show. Contestants may not become candidates for public office until one year after their appearance on the show.
What You Need to Send
Applying for Power of 10 is more involved than simply filling in a form and sending it off. CBS requires the following forms and media in your application package:
- Signed eligibility requirement form
- Signed release form
- Signed third-party release form if applicable to your video
- Completed contestant questionnaire form
- Recent photo of yourself (labeled with your name on the back)
- 3-minute home video
The questionnaire is quite lengthy, and includes a request for five people you would consider calling on to be your support person on the show.
The application video must be on VHS tape, or in mini DV or DVD format. You must state your name, age, and location, what you do for a living, what you would do with the money if you won on the show, and why you think you know how America thinks. Other than these criteria, the subject matter in the video is entirely up to you.
The application form clearly states what they're looking for, however:
"We are looking for people who have a ton of energy and unique personalities. Have fun with it, be creative, and good luck!"
You are also encouraged to include any of your potential support people in your video. If you choose to go this route, each person who appears in your application video must sign a release form as well.
Where to Send Your Application Package
Once you've completed your entire application package, send it to:
Power of 10 Casting
325 Hudson Street, Suite 601
New York, NY 10013