Game shows at About.com is looking for past game show contestants, or those who have been through the screening process, even if you didn't get on the show.
I'm working on putting together a series of articles that will help others through the application and screening process, and ultimately give them a leg up to become a contestant themselves. If you have experienced the casting process, I want to hear from you!
Please contact me if you've done any of the following:
- Landed a spot on the contestant short-list (or been invited for an interview) as a direct result of sending in an application video
- Gone through the interview and/or test phase for any current or recently canceled game show
- Been a game show contestant on any current or recently canceled program
- Been recruited to appear on a game show
- Participated in events such as the Jeopardy Brain Bus or the Wheelmobile, and been contacted for an interview and/or test game
- Attended an open casting call and been seen by producers
If you're willing to answer a few questions about your experience, please send me:
- Your name
- The show you appeared on (or went through casting for)
- How far you went into the casting process
- The year you appeared on the show (or went through casting)
- How you applied (video, open call, online, etc.)
I will then send you a few questions about your experiences, with the possibility of more follow-up questions at a later date.
Your answers will appear here, in the Game Shows section at About.com, in a variety of articles related to contestant casting. If you don't want your full name used with your responses, that's not a problem at all.
You can contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you!