Note: Don't Forget the Lyrics is no longer airing, and therefore not accepting contestant applications. The information contained in this article is for reference purposes only.
If you've got a mind for remembering song lyrics, you could do very well on Don't Forget the Lyrics! Even if your singing voice isn't exactly record-deal worthy, this is a fun game show to play and you could win up to a million dollars in the process.
Of course there are eligibility requirements, so here's an overview of the rules. For detailed information, please read the actual application form carefully.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States.
- You must not currently be a candidate for public office, nor become one within one year of the episode you appear on airing.
- You, your immediate family, or anyone living in your household must not have been employed by any company involved with the show within the past two years.
- You must be willing to submit to a background check, as well as medical and psychological exams at the discretion of the producers.
- You must not have appeared as a contestant on more than two competition (reality) or game shows within the past five years. Additionally, you must not have appeared on more than one such show in the past 12 months.
The Application Package
Your application package for Don't Forget the Lyrics must include:
- Completed and signed application form
- Completed and signed Name and Likeness Release and Transfer of Rights
- Two recent photographs of yourself, and each of your named supporters (include one headshot and one full body shot of each person)
- A photocopy of your driver's license
- A 5-minute videotape of yourself and the two supporters you want to appear with you on the show
The Name and Likeness Release and Transfer of Rights form is included with the application form that you'll be downloading and printing.
Your 5-minute video that accompanies the application form must be in VHS or DVD format. If you go the VHS route, make sure the tape is rewound. Saving the producers' time is a good thing! Make sure your video is clearly labeled with your name, address, and telephone number.
Start the video off by stating your name, age, and hometown, and then tell them what you would do with $1,000,000 if you won it. The people that you would like to appear on the show with you as your supporters will also have to appear on this video. The application guidelines tell us exactly what they're looking for:
Be creative, show us your personality - tell us what makes you unique and why you should be the next contestant for the show. Also, and this should come as no surprise, WE WANT TO HEAR YOU SING!
Where to Send It
After you've got everything together, labeled, and signed, send your application package to:
Don't Forget the Lyrics Casting
1149 N. Gower St.
Los Angeles, CA 90038