Please note: 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?' is no longer casting as the show has been canceled. The information provided in this article is for reference purposes only.
Think you can outsmart a ten-year-old? If you've got the guts to go on national television and struggle with fifth-grade textbook questions, then Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? is the show for you!
This is one of those shows with lots of eligibility requirements, which include:
- You must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the United States.
- You must not be a candidate for public office, and must not become a candidate for at least one year after the broadcast of the show you appear on.
- You must agree to provide background information and allow producers to conduct a background check, as well as a longer follow-up interview.
- All travel or other expenses are your own during the interview process.
- You must be willing to spend up to 8 days in Hollywood during the final selection process. Travel, food, and hotel expenses will be covered by production.
- Producers are not obligated to select anyone, and all producer's decisions are final.
This is just an overview – please see the application form itself for detailed rules and requirements.
The Application Package
The application form must be filled out entirely. They ask that you only write on one side of the paper, but if you need extra space you can attach additional sheets of paper. You are also required to include a recent photo of yourself, labeled with your name on the back. Finally, a name and likeness release form is required, and this is included with the application form.
Mail your completed application package to:
Are You Smarter Then a 5th Grader?
P.O. Box 503
149 S. Barrington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA