1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

GSN's Mind of a Man - What Did You Think?

By January 9, 2014

Last night GSN premiered their latest original game show, Mind of a Man. Hosted by DeRay Davis, the show challenges two female contestants to try and figure out how men answered a series of questions, based on a Family Feud-style survey of 100 men.

Much like GSN's Baggage, Mind of a Man isn't exactly high brow entertainment, but there's some comedic value there that makes it worth watching. There are celebs on hand to offer advice and help to the women and some of them are truly funny, and adding Ted Lange as the show's "bartender" is pretty cool for those of us of a certain age. DeRay Davis is a fun and upbeat host who is well-suited for this type of game. The pacing wasn't bad, though there were times when the game itself seemed like an afterthought.

I don't think Mind of a Man is going to be a ground-breaker, but it should do just fine for its time slot on Wednesday nights. I'll have a more in-depth review posted soon, but in the meantime I'd love to know what you all thought of the show. Comments are open, so have at it!

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

January 13, 2014 at 10:52 am
(1) Bob says:

My wife and I have watched all the episodes so far, and we both think the show is a lot of fun. Socially-redeeming?…No. Funny and fun to watch?…Absolutely! To me, it seems like a comedy show with a loosely-defined game to tie it all together. So, as long as the people on the show are funny, and they definitely are, the show works.

January 20, 2014 at 9:34 pm
(2) doug moore says:

i like gsn or did. mind of man show is the most childish ,vulgar, nasty show i have ever seen. no more for me.they seem to want to bring childrens morals down.this shows that gsn does not care.

January 21, 2014 at 1:59 pm
(3) Ginger says:

I think Mind of a Man is the worst show on GSN. Foul language unnecessary, very sexual questions for the 8 pm time slot if children are watching. I am no prude, but it has absolutely no value of excitement for me or many of my friends. Do not like it. Family Feud is a legend and I could watch that every night. Chase is great. Mind of a Man in my opinion is not going to be a blockbuster.

January 21, 2014 at 10:17 pm
(4) doug moore says:

mind of a man. I watched it two times, never again. that show is the stupidest show i have ever seen.it looked like adults acting like imature children talking vulgar. it seems that shows like this is trying to get rid of any morals .shown during times that children can watch. gsn is going down

February 3, 2014 at 1:11 am
(5) James Montgomery says:

I love gsn and watch all their shows but mind of a man is terrible and I hope they get rid of it soon. I’ve tried to watch it but its seems that all it is is a showcase for bad comedians.

February 3, 2014 at 8:44 am
(6) wayne says:

I saw the previews and said the show was not going to make it.
The format and especially the content is horrible.
It will not last long and that is a good thing..
Shows like the Chase are great.
I hope the family feud and newlywed game do not air
so much.

February 12, 2014 at 6:58 pm
(7) Chaz says:

This show is rude, crude and disgusting. Welcome to ghetto talk and ghetto life. What on earth has happened to GSN?

February 12, 2014 at 7:35 pm
(8) blake dover says:

Take it off the air , NOT FIT FOR TV..

February 13, 2014 at 2:45 am
(9) jessica says:

No one should which this show plz take it off of the TV kids don’t need to see it and its not true about men’s mind if u know your men then u know what they think most of the time you should know them my what they would do at all times most of the time

February 13, 2014 at 3:29 pm
(10) Jim says:

This show should have been CANCELLED yesterday!!! It showcases a bunch of reality show rejects who THINK they are hilariously cool and witty!!! It’s definitely NOT entertaining and can be most accurately described as “gross and annoying”!!!

February 17, 2014 at 12:01 am
(11) obert says:

Seriously you looped the promo for this show for 10 mins. Horrible music and clips. I will never watch this show just for the loop.

February 28, 2014 at 12:23 am
(12) Melanie says:

I love it the only game show I watch and I might learn something about men

February 28, 2014 at 10:48 am
(13) Rick says:

This show has to be the worst on GSN. I am a man and the vulgarity and trashiness are not what most men are about. The men they survey must have no moral code as evidenced by many of the answers. I watch a lot of GSN shows, but this is one I will never watch again.

March 1, 2014 at 12:04 pm
(14) catherine says:

its the most stupid show,,,vulgar etc,,,,

March 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
(15) jean mc kinley says:

The is show should be off the air. Has the GSN show gone vulgar to gain what? I miss Chain Reaction which was fun. I will not watch the show that displays people at their worse. GSN is suppose to fun and entertaining not vulgar and crude.

March 22, 2014 at 1:19 am
(16) dchardinay says:

I love this show its always entertaining
Deray is absolutely hilarious. I also think the guest are really funny.

April 12, 2014 at 12:53 am
(17) will says:

This is THE worst program on GSN; perhaps all of TV! It should be called the mind of a black man. Why are all of the white guests depicted as goofy or weak? Not a very intelligent show and if your programming is meant to be a reflection of society then you failed!

The words “alight” and “axe” are pronounced “alright” and “ask”. However if the name of the show was “Mind of a Dumb Ass”; It would make sense.

April 20, 2014 at 4:29 pm
(18) K says:

I saw some of this show and I thought it was funny and it’s interesting. I want to see more to fully decide but so far I’m not displeased.

If you don’t like it quit complaining and flip the channel.