If you're looking for some quick and easy ways to keep the kids entertained, there are loads of Minute to Win It games that can be used straight-up or adapted for a Halloween theme. Here are just a few ideas:
- Nose Dive is like bobbing for apples, except the apples are cotton balls and you use your nose instead of your mouth. So not really like bobbing for apples but still a lot of fun!
- Noodling Around uses pasta as props. Everyone has pasta in their cupboards, so it's simple to set up.
- Matchmaker requires players to sort candy into cups. It's Halloween, so you've already got plenty of candy on hand.
- Johnny Applestack is just like it sounds: Stacking apples. Perfect for kids.
- Frankenstein. The game is called Frankenstein. What could be more perfect? (Actually this one's best for older kids.)
- Face the Cookie is a classic, and ends up with the players eating cookies.
- Dizzy Mummy is the Minute to Win It version of the toilet paper mummy game.
- Junk in the Trunk is goofy and fun, perfect to get some laughs and exercise at the same time. Gotta start working off some of those fun-size candy bars, right?
Photo courtesy NBC