1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

Will The Pyramid Return for Another Season on GSN?

By October 27, 2012

Since GSN debuted its version of Pyramid it's been bleeding viewers, struggling to keep itself relevant. Even with a lead-in from the uber-popular American Bible Challenge, the show just isn't doing well.

This seems strange to me, since there was a lot of anticipation for The Pyramid and by most accounts it's a decent enough adaptation of the game. I really enjoy it and find Mike Richards to be an enjoyable host (then again, I really liked him on Beauty and the Geek as well). So why aren't the ratings reflecting this?

One theory is that American Bible Challenge is bringing in an audience that doesn't normally watch GSN (which is a good thing - bringing in new eyeballs is always a plus), but since they're tuning in to see that show, they're not necessarily going to stick around for Pyramid. Beat the Chefs wasn't exactly a great match either, but that's another story. Could it be as simple as a scheduling issue? I don't know.

Whatever the reason for the declining viewership, the show is in danger of not being renewed for another season. That's really a shame, because this kind of thing is what GSN is all about, and even the die-hard GSN fans (and critics) should be pleased with the show.

So let's hear it - do you think The Pyramid will/should be renewed for a second season? Are you enjoying the show? And if it does come back, are there any changes you would make?

Logo courtesy GSN

Comments

October 27, 2012 at 7:14 pm
(1) Steve says:

It really should be. It’s a great revival of a great show. I think you might be right on the money about the scheduling issue. Hopefully GSN realizes this and gives it another shot.

October 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm
(2) Robin says:

The show is horrible because they have not had celebrities on who are good at playing the game. I would be p***sed if I had to play with either of the Turturros or the lady from Greys Anatomy and the heavy set white guy(don’t remember his name or his show) because they are horrible at giving clues or guessing. This show will stink and be cancelled if they don’t get some celebrities who know how to play the game—-where’s Betty White?

October 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm
(3) Wayne says:

Yes, it should be renewed, but only if they will get celebrities AND contestants who can actually play the game.

I’m sure the ratings are fine for a GSN original show. The Bible Challenge has a special audience, and what GSN doesn’t know and can’t find out is how many of that audience are watching GSN at any other time.

What I haven’t seen is a comparison of ratings of Pyramid to Catch 21–the previous resident of the time slot.

October 29, 2012 at 9:02 am
(4) Hugh says:

It should absolutely be renewed. It is the best of the GSN revivals (which isn’t saying much), but the problem is the best celebrity clue giver in this edition (Megyn Price) can’t be on every week and the celebs they have had are mostly awful. You can tell how bad it is that it is rare that a celebrity is the giver in the winner’s circle, which used to be the norm. My other problem with the show is Richards’ constantly referring to the increase in the winner’s circle bank. If you have to manufacture drama, you get what you get. That said, I actually like this edition. Some of the words to guess are silly, but this is my favorite game show of all time and this edition is fairly true to the original. I wish it had more viewers and I suspect it would if you had better celebrities of the Vicki Lawrence ilk but there aren’t many of those left sadly.

October 29, 2012 at 3:00 pm
(5) Mark Baker-Wright says:

I was fortunate enough to be house-sitting when Pyramid premiered, and thus was able to watch the first episode (I don’t get cable, myself). I absolutely loved it, and would totally be watching it now if I could.

But while I was there, the biggest turn off to GSN was it’s current “all Family Feud, all the time” schedule. Seriously, over 80 hours a week! That’s ridiculous, and until that problem is solved, GSN is going to keep bleeding viewers for pretty much ANYTHING they do, save for the odd example like American Bible Challenge, which apparently isn’t getting anyone to stick around after they’ve come to watch THAT….

October 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm
(6) Mark Baker-Wright says:

OH, and the afternoon time slot (for those of us on the West Coast, but even 6:00 pm for Eastern is hardly prime time) is hardly a vote of confidence….

October 29, 2012 at 6:52 pm
(7) Josh says:

Well, I turned on GSN this evening at 6pm, and NO Pyramid.

Has it been cancelled already?

October 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm
(8) Myke25 says:

No, Josh…GSN is still promoting it’s Friday night block of The Pyramid. But it hasn’t been renewed yet, either.

I think what we’re seeing is more than just a struggling game show…it’s a struggling game show network.

First, 6:00p is a killer slot in the eastern time zone…it’s up against local news in New York, Boston, Philly, Cleveland, Miami, Atlanta. And it only gets worse as you move west. Thursday nights are the most competitive on TV, so while The Pyramid got some decent numbers coming out of the Bible Challenge (decent for GSN, anyway), they still weren’t great. HUT levels on Friday nights are very low, so you’re reaching the older game show fans who stay home…many of whom would remember the original fondly…but not enough to make a remake a hit.

GSN is carried on digital or sports tiers on many service providers, not basic cable, making it less accessible to many customers. GSN has done next to NO outside promotion for this show, so a lot of viewers may not have even known it was on. No full episodes are available on the website to help non-subscribers find it.

GSN is still milking reruns of a few of their originals till they dry up. Whammy is 10 years old, for Pete’s sake! Chain Reaction is still on, too. GSN is also still running the Clark Pyramids, which makes me ask why they even bothered making a new Pyramid if the repeats are still performing.

The Pyramid was widely regarded as the best game show franchise not currently on the air before GSN picked it up. If GSN can’t make THIS show work, I have to wonder, in a very fractured audience market, if a game show network can survive long-term. It may just be too “niche” to be profitable.

October 30, 2012 at 9:18 pm
(9) Myke25 says:

Of course, what may be worse…the Davidson and Osmond versions only lasted 2 seasons each…and neither was as good as The Pyramid. If this version doesn’t work, it’ll likely be a long time before another attempt is made to revive it.

I still believe it could work on GSN. There are a couple of tweaks I would suggest:

1) Bring back the tournament. I originally thought that The Pyramid could work without the tournament, but if it gets a second season, they need to up the stakes to draw attention to the show. We’ve been teased with “The $1,000,000 Pyramid” for years. Give us one, already!

2) Make the show a weekly, not a 5-day strip. A 40-episode order for a strip is spent in 8 weeks. Once-a-week makes each show more of an event that lasts most of the typical TV season. You can use more celebrities. And if you do the tournament with $1M at the end of the season, every episode builds to the big finish.

3) Buy some promos on other shows. Sony owns Wheel and Jeopardy, too. Michael Davies is still associated with Millionaire. Do some cross-promotion!

I hope it gets another season. I think Michael Davies did a great job. If only it was on a broadcast network or syndicated.

October 31, 2012 at 10:45 pm
(10) Doug R. says:

Agreed that the time slot isn’t the best, especially for those not on the east coast. It’s on during my drive home, so I have to DVR it.

But the frequent lousy celebrity playing may be a bigger part of it. Sure, they’ve used celebrities for all of the other editions, but are they necessary? They’re usually D (or E) list celebrities…I heard of next to none of them), and most play lousy games. Two teams of two contestants might make it more exciting.

November 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(11) Melvin Gaines says:

The show should definitely be renewed but the time slot was a killer from the beginning. The debut of the show was on Labor Day when many people were off from work. I could only catch the reruns on Friday. The game play suffered recently, as well, but that is an easy fix.

November 2, 2012 at 10:49 am
(12) Myke25 says:

Doug,
I’ve always thought that Pyramid could work without celebrities. Most of the people who oppose that idea assume that the teams would be made up of family members or friends who would give each other “inside” clues (It’s Mom’s favorite flower, etc.). But I think that if they paired players at random from the contestant pool, it’d work. Civilians are usually better at the game than celebrities, simply because they practice more. I’ve noticed MANY more civilians are giving the clues in the WC on The Pyramid than in the previous incarnations. And the risk of blowing $100,000 for someone is a lot of pressure to put on a celebrity.

But many believe that the third bananas from sitcoms can still be a draw..and yes, the 80s Pyramids were loaded with D-list celebrities whose main claim to fame was that they appeared on Pyramid. But, for the most part, those were D-listers who could really play the game!
Those that couldn’t play well usually weren’t asked back.

November 4, 2012 at 7:49 pm
(13) Wayne says:

Fully agree with Myke25 about not having celebrities, I’ve said it many times.

I have no problem with random pairings of people to play, and they could still switch partners with this setup.

I also have no problem with family or friend pairings as the “inside” clues everyone whines about would really not happen all that often to matter or ruin the show.

November 8, 2012 at 1:19 pm
(14) justai says:

The TV viewing arena is a very crowded and very competitive landscape now. When you bring back a successful program and do a remake of it nowadays, you get ONE SHOT to make it fly; so, you have to ensure it is a gangbusters hit upon its revival. The new Pyramid did not “wow” people, for a myriad of reasons. I’m rooting for GSN to can this program and move onto something else that they can invest more time and resources into make it a success out of the gate.

November 8, 2012 at 4:05 pm
(15) Wayne says:

Justai–ratings do not equal success in television anymore, profit does. This is a show that can be profitable; and that alone would normally determine if it comes back.

However, as I believe GSN is Sony’s loss leader, it won’t matter if it doesn’t lose enough money.

November 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm
(16) bill says:

This version was tad better than The Osmond but really no where near the oringal. First, I miss the contestants returning as they did in the past show.
I also have to agree with the fact that the playing is rotten!. It was seldom in the classic game that they couldn’t pull at least 5 of the 7 answers and here it’s lucky if they get 3 or 4. Where we just much smarter 25 years ago?
Mike Richards is blah also…..Not AS bad as Osmond..but when 3 or 4 points are scored don’t be “Oh that was great”! Dick clark would scorn if they didnt’ get at least 5….
All in All I don’t care if THIS version comes back or not, and I guess neither do many others. I do wish for the OLE show to return however!

November 20, 2012 at 5:38 pm
(17) Pam says:

It should definitely be renewed. I’m a huge fan of the Dick Clark show, and I like this show even better! True, the celebrities should be a little more Dick Cavett and a little less Aida Tuturro. But I enjoy the challenging questions and answers of the new show. I love the host; he’s cute and quite amiable.

December 18, 2012 at 4:41 am
(18) luc says:

The reason the show is doing poorly in the ratings is the celebrities are atrocious game players. In the Dick Clark years, most rounds ended with both teams close to 20. Now, final scores are commonly below 15–for both teams.

They need to get celebrities who actually understand the game. And the judges need to be consistent. They let way too much go.

January 2, 2013 at 2:10 pm
(19) Hagrid says:

The new Pyramid sucks. The celebrities are so awful–they don’t even bother to describe the clues in words; they just pantomime every clue as if it were a game of charades. No thought whatsoever. Nick Turturro is the WORST, he is an absolute MORON!!

January 2, 2013 at 2:12 pm
(20) Hagrid says:

The new Pyramid sucks. The celebrities are so awful. Nicholas Tuturro is a complete MORON! So is The guy from the Office (the Latino guy). Danny Pudi also sucks balls.

January 2, 2013 at 2:15 pm
(21) Hagrid says:

I agree with luc about the judges too. They let way too much go. Of course, the celebs are so stupid that they’re lucky just to get one or two out of seven.

January 6, 2013 at 1:59 am
(22) Mark says:

GSN is pathetic! Legendary games shows that are no longer in production should be left to rest. Dick Clark was the catalyst for the various pyramid versions that he hosted. Dick was the perfect host for the show, and Bill Cullen was his usual fantastic self when he hosted the $25,000 Pyramid from 1974-1979. The major problem today is that there aren’t any great hosts to do the job anymore. All of the truly great hosts are either deceased or retired. So where does that leave reviving a classic game show? Another part of what made the original versions so entertains we’re the celebrity guests. The celebrity guests nowadays are a bunch of who’s that person? And many are inferior game players. Just go to YouTube and watch the old versions of The $10,000, $20,000 and $25,000 Pyramid and you’ll see just how great those old shows really were. After Dick Clark left The 25,000 Pyramid and John Davidson took over as host the ratings plunged and the show ultimately left the air; the Donny Osmond version of Pyramid was ghastly. Needless to say the show expired very quickly. These shows should be left to rest because they were the best in their original form, and that’s how they should be enjoyed.

February 15, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(23) rose sircher says:

the old show offered more money – they should use the same format from the original show. also the contestants should come back if they win for that day. Not enough money – not worth watchiing.

February 23, 2013 at 10:51 pm
(24) George says:

It’s better than the awful Donny Osmond version, but the new Pyramid is still very drab. I think it’s been canned from production. I’m a Dick Clark fan and the old Pyramid is the only one that’s got oomph to it.

March 1, 2013 at 6:53 am
(25) Frank Gramigna says:

The problem with the new pyramid show is that though Mike Richards is a good host they should have made some kind of effort to bring back some of the celebrities from the original Dick Clark version Markie Post, Betty White and Martha Smith to just name a few are still working in show business today and were great players of the game and would bring back the excitement of the Dick Clark version.
Having modern celebrities from modern shows who do not know how to play the game well did not help this new version of pyramid.
Bring back some of the original celebrities and then I think you’ll see the ratings good up.

March 20, 2013 at 2:38 am
(26) Tim says:

It’s really sad that most of the original CBS $10,000 Pyramid have been destroyed. Also to the fact that most of the ABC version of The $20,000 Pyramid suffered the same fate. Fortunately the good folks on YouTube who’ve uploaded those precious studio masters from the ABC era are available to enjoy. It’s believed that the entire run of the syndicated Bill Cullen era (The $25,000 Pyramid) are all intact. Why won’t GSN run those since they have rights to the Pyramid name? And who could ever forget that great, original theme song to the original version of The $10,000, $20,000, $25,000 and $50,000 Pyramid “Tuning Up” by Ken Alman. GSN PLEASE go back to your archives! You are banishing a large viewing audience with the junk you’re showing so much of. And don’t get me started on the blocks of Family Feud shown day and night! ARRRRGH!

April 2, 2013 at 3:54 pm
(27) Louis K Esengard says:

I certainly think it should be returned, like others, I highly anticipated it. I can agree with number 2, Robin, I got so frustrated with those celeberities just thought they were dumb.
Also seems to me it’s time was changed around a few times and I had a hard time finding it. Let’s get it back.
Louiie

April 3, 2013 at 10:43 am
(28) betty says:

yes I like Dick Clark but I was nuts about this version with Mr. Richards. It was exciting and funny. It just makes me sick that this show and Deal and No Deal is off the air. Im so mad right now I could pop and the people I don’t want to see playing the Pyramid or any game again is the cousins, I never wanted to puke so much in my life other than that I would have watched all day long. And to the cousins I dont mean any disrespect, I am sure you are really nice but the way you played the Pyramid was …….whatever description you can use in the negative sense. Please bring back these games.

April 7, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(29) Maddie says:

The Pyramid game show would be more popular if they got celebs that played the game better. Just watched the two episodes shown on April 7, 2013. I’ll bet Dick Clark is spinning in his grace.

April 30, 2013 at 2:04 am
(30) Dale says:

I was just watching some of those original era pyramids on YouTube with Dick Clark and Bill Cullen. It sure takes me back to my childhood watching those classics. There will NEVER be another Dick Clark or Bill Cullen. Man, those guys were good. Darn good! That kind of talent doesn’t exist anymore. It really doesn’t. And when a classic game show is revived if the host is running on low octane then the show will bomb.

I can’t believe The Price is Right still has reasonable ratings with Drew Carey being as banal as he is. Drew has his place as a improvisational comedian ( he can be quite comical), though he’s not game show host material.

I wonder if The Pyramid would’ve stuck around longer if someone like Chuck Woolery had been the host? Get some of the celebrity guests out of the past to play (June Lockhart, Betty White, Rob Reiner, Penny Marshall, Billy Crystal, Anita Gillette etc).

Well, I have to say, The Pyramid was at least a good attempt at the original version, but flawed nonetheless. By far the worst version was with Donnie Osmond. Now that was terrible! Everything about Donnie’s pyramid was egregious. Why did that last for 2 seasons?

For now I’ll just go to YouTube and get my fix of Dick and Bill and the great celebrity guests, while Bob Clayton does his announcing , while the smooth sounds of Ken Aldin’s “Tuning Up” delivers the unforgettable theme.

May 23, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(31) Amanda Wilichowski says:

I only seen it on for a few weeks and then poof it was gone figured it was already cacncelled. They do need to get some better celebrities who know how to give a clue. I Love Family feud but they are wearing that show into the ground. Ive seen More of steve Harvey to last a lifetime play some of the episodes from the other hosts like louie and that other guy I think his name was ray or something and play some more of the classics besides just in the morning I love Sale of the century but im sure it will get the axe cause its something different and they would rather repeat and repeat the same show (SH Family Feud)

June 2, 2013 at 12:38 pm
(32) lia says:

Please bring this show back. It is the best version along with the orginal. It is so nice to have a greqt new game show instead of old repeats tho i love them at times. Keep up the good work

June 2, 2013 at 6:39 pm
(33) Ray says:

The pyramid’s from the 1970′s and ’80s had very successful runs because of: 1. Superb hosts (Dick Clark and Bill Cullen); 2. Great celebrity guests who knew how to play the game and some who were real masters at it; 3. A high degree of audience and viewer energy.

Since there will never be another Dick Clark or Bill Cullen, and the majority of grand celebrity guests are either too old or deceased, then reviving these classic games only reverts to failure.

You have to have a reason to watch these shows, and even if the format is somewhat like the original show, but the host is banal and the celebrity guests are about as interesting as watching dust settle on your coffee table, then it’s broken from the start.

GSN broke down eons ago.

June 3, 2013 at 4:22 am
(34) Alan says:

I actually like this version of The Pyramid. Mike Richards is a good host and I hope this game show come back on GSN like season 2. I’m tired of watching Family Feud all the time, I like Family with Steve Harvey, but it needs to cut down maybe like 2 to 3 hours of the show and put other game shows on GSN. Bring back The Pyramid and reruns of Deal or No Deal and like I said 2 to 3 hours of Family Feud with Steve Harvey and the rest is different game shows.

June 10, 2013 at 4:44 pm
(35) Nicole S. Berry says:

I really think that Pyramid should return for season 2 because I have watched and practiced playing the game at the same time. I also would be interested in auditioning for the show; so I pray that it comes back.

June 12, 2013 at 6:52 pm
(36) Alan Maples says:

It’s me again last message I wrote about bringing back The Pyramid with Mike Richards, GSN needs to bring back or have The Price Is Right reruns of Bob Barker episodes and maybe Drew Carey episodes. Even some game shows back in the 80s like Name That Tune with Jim Lange, Scrabble with Chuck Woolery, and Classic Concentration with Alex Trebek. I’m glad there showing Sale of the Century and Press Your Luck on GSN in the mornings. They need to bring back Deal or no Deal reruns on GSN. Like I said on my last message Family Feud needs to cut down maybe like two hours a day. Example maybe one episode of Family Feud with Richard Karn, one episode with John O’ Hurley, and two episodes of Steve Harvey that’s just my opinion. I settle for 3 hours of the Feud and the rest is other game shows. I love Family Feud, but I’m burned out of it because it’s on GSN all the time and showing less other game shows. Like I said on my last message I hope The Pyramid comes back on the air like season 2 or something. Goodbye

July 3, 2013 at 2:02 pm
(37) betty says:

I wish with all my heart that you will bring mike richards back with the pyramid. I really like Dick Clark. But surprisingly, I truly got hooked on the Pyramid with mike richards. I just could not enjoy the two relatives I think they were cousins, it hurt me badly to see those two play the game, other than that, I could watch it now more than the feud a lot more. Please bring it back, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

July 10, 2013 at 2:36 am
(38) Tim S. says:

The Pyramid bombed because: 1. Crappy host Mike Richards, the same guy (producer) who continues to muck up the already mucked up Price is Right; 2. Inferior celebrity guests who’ve got the intelligence of wood rot. Well, there you have it in a nutshell.

Nobody, but nobody can rival Dick Clark. The broadcasting legends of the past are irreplaceable, and the young blokes that attempt to fill their shoes are all wet behind the ears.

I see no point in these classic games being revived since they’re going to fall faster than a safe pushed out of a helicopter.

July 19, 2013 at 9:05 pm
(39) One Nation Underdog says:

The real reason why Pyramid sucked and bombed is because of the dumb celebrity guests that couldn’t play the game. A budget problem on GSN’s behalf, eh? The Pyramid needed super intelligent talent like Bill Maher, Joy Behar, Sean Penn and Woopie Goldberg just too name a few to be intelligent celebrity guests. Instead they selected a lower standard of nobody’s who couldn’t play the game. If they bring back the Pyramid they seriously need a new host. Alec Baldwin or even Willian Shatner would rock as a host

July 29, 2013 at 3:39 am
(40) Antonio says:

I think it Pyramid should return. I think the show is really good and the host mike Richards is doing a great job as host.

I look at and read some these comments and I have seen so much harsh criticism from everyone. First of all mike Richards used to work with dick Clark many years ago so he is a viable choice to host the show. If some of you ever get a chance to find on YouTube an interview with mike Richards at least you will get find out how he got to host the show and also see when working with dick Clark he is the better host.

Two, most of the celebrities know how to play the game. You do have use your hands most time during the regular game before you go to the winners circle where you can not use your hands, and most of the celebrities they get no matter what list they are on is all they can get rather if they are not busy shooting an episode of the season of the show that they are on or a movie.

Three, gsn tried to revive press your luck and called it whammy, which air one season and it never been renewed as well as few other game shows that only gsn aired only. Family feud airs on a different station and only shows new episodes while gsn only air reruns. I know one it need to fix are the time slot for most of the original show and reruns of classic game shows that we never get to see since their cancellations. I know to deserves a better time slot in every time zone so everyone can watch.

September 5, 2013 at 10:12 pm
(41) Soundboard says:

What does it matter if Mike Richards worked with Dick Clark? Dick Clark had more talent and class in a single strand of hair than Mike Richards could ever muster up.

It is next to impossible to bring back classic game shows. Like many people agree the problem lies within the host. That level of talent is virtually extinct. Pat Sajak and Alex Trebec are the last holdouts that are still employed as great hosts.

I will declare that Mike Richard’s Pyramid was not nearly as ghastly as the Donny Osmond mess a decade ago, but what’s been done is done.

Today’s major television networks and cable networks are in virtual disrepair. So broken down and mired with gobs of redolent stupidity that inflict practically everything produced nowadays. It’s a sad time we’re living in regarding television entertainment.

I have seen GSN go from a much loved cable network (years ago) to one that has rapidly fallen into an abyss of confusion, misdirection, ignorance and flat out stupidity. Ditto to all other cable networks who once regarded their viewers with some degree of respect and not insult their intelligence with the septic waste that’s the broadcasting norm these days.

September 22, 2013 at 11:52 pm
(42) Pat says:

The Pyramid wasn’t bad nor was it great. It certainly was the best effort that GSN offered amongst its own produced shows.

Ican’t understand why such foolish tripe like American Bible Challenge and Baggage can sustain high ratings and The Pyramid didn’t?

I’ll only “visit’ GSN in the early morning so I can have a laugh with Gene Rayburn and the rest of the zany bunch on The Match Game, and enjoy a half hour with Bert Convy on Super Password. Otherwise GSN is off of my watch list.

September 25, 2013 at 3:18 pm
(43) Scott says:

I loved it. I’m 60 and watched all the versions, loving Dick Clark, of course. Mike Richards did a fantastic job. No one could’ve done better. I like his Pyramid show even better in that celebrities weren’t always as bright as Dick Clark’s celebrities were. Yes, more famous celebs were needed, but that cost money, and we don’t want reality stars.

It’s sad i Mike Richards version of Pyramid f it is gone. I just came across Mike Richards version today and liked it just as well as Dick Clark’s many versions of Pyramid. The only thing I can figure is that people have changed and don’t enjoy quality TV like they once did.

Funny, I never saw Pyramid promoted, but saw American Bible Challenge advertised numerous times, and hated that show. Perhaps, Pyramid was not promoted as it should’ve been.

October 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm
(44) Donna says:

I wish they would stop changing the format of the show. Have a set $ amount to win and throw in a prize for each game. It might also help if the celebrities knew how to give clues. They seem to think they can only use clues that directly refer to the title they chose.

October 13, 2013 at 1:08 pm
(45) cheri says:

Bring it back!!!!!!

November 4, 2013 at 7:31 pm
(46) Charles says:

I almost never watch GSN anymore. I happened to be channel surfing last night and noticed that GSN is still running The Pyramid. I watched the show for about ten minutes, and that’s all I could take. It’s not hard to understand why The Pyramid was cancelled so quickly. Banality at its peak!

December 25, 2013 at 9:54 pm
(47) Rob says:

The last two attempts at reviving a pyramid based game have been disastrous. The “Donny-mid” version redefined the meaning of what sucks. The Richard’s version was only a few steps better, but it still sucked. I hope that lessons have been learned in attempting to revive a classic game show. Since there’s no talent to be had to host these shows anymore and today’s writers, producers and directors are all “out to lunch,” it’s much safer to rerun the classic versions. Even if there’s a limited library of the older shows those classics are timeless. Today’s modern junk is just curdled milk for a fringe of deadbeat viewers.

January 2, 2014 at 8:07 pm
(48) Susan says:

Just saw the classic Dick Clark versions alongside the newest version. Where are these new celebrities going to school? Have they ever read a book or substantial magazine? It’s pathetic. The celebs of old at least bothered to educate themselves. The new crop gives their generation a very bad name. If I were a contestant on the new version I would have walked off the set. Good grief – somebody tell me there is some brainpower out there in glitter gulch !!!

January 18, 2014 at 11:00 am
(49) marmaduke says:

They managed to get everything almost right except how to play the game. The celebrities and the contestants both are some of the very dumbest people to walk upright and the producers should be ashamed to have even aired the show at all.

Can you imagine being a contestant trying to win money and having to put up with 20 seconds of Chandra Wilson giggling and saying “…uh, uh, uh, uh, it has a thing, uh, uh, uh, hee, hee, hee, uh, uh…” as she gives clues for almost three words out of seven? And contestants that say “pass” for three or four of the words/phrases and end up with a final scores of nine? Were people in the past really that much smarter than their peers of this era? Apparently they were.

January 27, 2014 at 3:11 pm
(50) kaliali says:

The game shows that GSN show now are beyond ugh. Just shut down the whole network. It’s a waste of time and channel space. OMG, the re-runs! Most were junk when they were on regular network TV.

February 9, 2014 at 12:13 pm
(51) eric says:

Just saw a couple episodes of this incarnation for the first time. Unfortunately featuring the Turturros. I’m traumatized! Can anybody be that stupid? Can someone tell them?

February 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm
(52) Aida says:

I really like the new host Mike Richards. He is such a natural that I did not miss DIck Clark. He was believable. They did have terrible guest actors. Some make you want to pull your hair. But I still watch everyday because its concept is so entertaining. My whole family enjoys. I wish they would consider bringing it back with the same host.

May 20, 2014 at 12:45 am
(53) Chris says:

GSN for the most part is a virtually unwatchable network. I absolutely abhor those idiotic religious based games: American Bible Challenge and It Takes A Church. What gives with this crap? What’s next a game show testing one’s knowledge specifically on nursery rhymes and mythical creatures?

Is GSN afraid to actually produce games that requires some degree of intelligence and common sense? As kinked as the latest incarnation of The Pyramid was, I’ll still give misaligned GSN an “A” for their effort in trying to revive a classic game that required a degree of intellect to play.

Sadly GSN continues to wallow down a sludge trap producing a bevy of some of the most simple-minded drivel to date.