1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

New Online Game Show: Money Break

By October 19, 2011

If you haven't been able to get on a televised game show (or even if you have), here's your chance to play online for the chance to win some cash. Money Break bills itself as "the web's first-ever online-only treasure hunt." The game itself is a combination of trivia and web search, and the site promises that there's no spam, surveys, or other annoyances involved.

There is one game each weekday, held at 1pm Eastern. To play you must first register with the site, and then log in at the appropriate time. The game itself consists of three "quickies" - fast multiple-choice trivia questions - followed by three search-based questions. These longer questions require you to click on a sponsor's link and search around the site to find the answers.

For each game there is one $1,000 prize and twenty-five prizes of $50, awarded to those who finish the fastest with the most correct answers. Money Break is "hosted" by Real World alum Steven Hill and Michelle Nunes, who you might remember from The Best Damn Sports Show Period.

If you're interested in playing, make sure you read through the official rules. They're also on Facebook, so you can learn more there. Then come on back here and let me know what the game's like - since it's only open to U.S. residents, I can't play. Good luck!

Image: Screen shot of logo from the Money Break home page

Comments

October 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm
(1) Lovin-MoneyBreak says:

It’s actually $50 to the top 25 winners after the 1st place winner! I just won $50 yesterday and had so much fun!

October 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm
(2) Carrie says:

Thanks for catching that!

October 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm
(3) Tiffany says:

Super fun game and the questions are simple! The hosts keep me laughing and the timing is right when I need a break! Money Break is like I am actually playing on a real game show except from the comfort of my own computer!

October 20, 2011 at 10:16 am
(4) Peter Tarlan says:

I have played this game all this week, the questions are quite hard so you do need to be quick if you want to stand a chance of winning. I like that there are 25 runner up prizes as well because this will tempt people to play more often which will generate the prize funds.

There are some really good games going around at the minute. This game is great as well http://www.lovehatedata.com/fun everyone at my work is absolutely addicted to it!

Redbull has some interesting ones on their facebook that are worth checking out and there is meant to be an online game by Deliotte soon to come out, which is meant to be amazing which I am very much looking forward to.

Peter

October 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm
(5) Jason S. says:

This looks interesting, I like how it’s a mixture between a traditional sort of online contest/sweepstakes and game show. I wonder if Sandra Grauschopf, the Contest and Sweepstakes blogger on About.com who I also follow knows about this.

October 25, 2011 at 3:43 am
(6) Josh Woo says:

Easiest $50 I’ve ever made. Give it a shot, you have a great shot at winning. Although it should be noted…the official rules state the game goes until 11/4. Wonder if it’ll go on past that if it’s popular enough? They are on Twitter and Facebook, after all…