1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

Carrie Ann Inaba Not Returning to GSN's 1 vs. 100 - Will the Show Go On?

By July 29, 2011

There's been no formal announcement, but 1 vs. 100 revamp host Carrie Ann Inaba will not be returning to GSN to host another season of the show.

A couple of days ago, Inaba Tweeted: "Unforutnately, we weren't able to make a deal. It's a great show - and I had a great time though, I'll miss it," in response to a question about a second season.

This is an interesting situation for GSN. The show has been bringing in respectable numbers - certainly better than a few of their other new shows. So will they drop 1 vs. 100 entirely, or look for a new host? If they continue on with the show, who would you like to see hosting it? I think Bob Saget might be out of the question, though that would be a real coup for GSN. Let me know who you think the perfect host would be!

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

July 29, 2011 at 11:57 am
(1) Nina says:

I don’t care that much about the host. I just wish they would go back to the old format with harder questions and more money at stake. This show is majorly boring when you know all the answers 100% and you are just waiting for the contestant to muddle through it or for them to build “suspense” before answering.

It was a good show but I don’t watch anymore.

July 29, 2011 at 12:09 pm
(2) Myke25 says:

Todd Newton. Bil Dwyer. Rich Fields. Leah Remini would be an interesting choice. George Gray, if the TPIR schedule would allow it. Brad Sherwood and Jeff Davis have the chops.

August 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm
(3) Carrie says:

Aw Myke, I was expecting you to suggest Kennedy! ;-) Leah Remini’s not a bad call – she might be pretty good with something like this. Sherwood and Davis definitely.

Not sure about Rich Fields though. I think he should be given a shot as a host, but I can’t see this format being right for him.

July 29, 2011 at 3:57 pm
(4) FloridaPhilly says:

I agree with Nina’s synopsis of the show. The old format WAS much better, although I never cared for Bob Saget. I love watching the Game Show Network and really hope they find a new host. I am really glad to see Carrie Ann leave because I think she cheapened the show by her choice of clothing. She has a nice personality but seeing her wiggle around in a much-too-tight dress stretched across her healthy sized rear-end, while also showing her mid-life tummy-bulge is definitely not complimentary to her or to the show.

August 1, 2011 at 8:46 pm
(5) DJ says:

Interesting. This lady must have one hell of an ego. A somewhat low rated show on a low rated channel, and they couldn’t come to terms?

GSN, find a host. A real host.

August 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm
(6) Ryan says:

The answer is obvious. Xbox Live’s Chris Cashman!

August 2, 2011 at 3:35 pm
(7) Ryan Z says:

Oh, thank God. She was the only reason I didn’t watch the show after the first week. Only the $100K week brought me back, which should say something. Well…hopefully they ARE coming back for a second season, otherwise I won’t even have a show to ignore. D=

If they do, the $100K prize needs to stay and Lingo needs to be cut back to $50,000. I always wanted to see a per-player bounty; if it was with a doubled prize, like this:

$100/$100/$200/$200/$300/$400/$500/DOUBLE/$600/$700/$800/$900/$1000

“DOUBLE” is a question that doubles the players score regardless of how many Mob members answer incorrectly. It’s placed right after $500, because if 99 Mob members all answered incorrect on that one, then double could only bring the player up to $99,000 out of a $100,000 top prize. Then there’s only a max $1,000 left for grabs anyway in the rest of the game. Obviously this is more or less impossible, but it’s the perfect way to implement it.

Yeah, that’d be in a perfect world where GSN always made great shows. It’s not much of a budget breaker, though – in the test games I’ve done, the prize has been at most $6,800 greater than if the same thing happened in GSN’s $100K week. So it’s only a matter of a couple thousand per episode, enough to make it not boring like when contestants can’t decide whether to take $1500.

August 8, 2011 at 8:12 pm
(8) GREG says:

I hope 1 vs 100 gets a new host. Know why? Because I want to take on the Mob (or be a Mob member myself). As for a host suggestion, I was thinking Johnny Depp. He’s good at acting, so he could really entertain an audience, a mob and a contestant.

August 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm
(9) Chaz says:

Carrie Ann Inaba was terrible from her first day on the show, and she never got any better. Her style never caught on with audiences, and the way she dressed for the early editions of the show was just “trashy.” Would be nice to see Bob Sagit back but I don’t think that is going to happen.

August 23, 2011 at 2:13 am
(10) Scott says:

THANK GOD Carrie Ann has left the 1 VS 100 set for good. Although, her saying that she wasn’t able to make a deal with GSN gives me the creeps, in that it could be interpreted that GSN actually wanted to keep her as host, but she was asking too much money for GSN to keep her. That assumption alone, with GSN simply thinking about retaining her as host of this epic program, is scary, to say the very least.

We desperately need to get Bob Saget back to host 1 VS 100. He can do wonders to bring comedy back to a program that previously had its funny moments. Someone call him up and get him over here before GSN makes another bad hosting decision!

August 12, 2011 at 11:36 pm
(11) Tina deMelo says:

I really dont care Carrie for the Host and particularly when she was hip to say who she thought should do Dirty Dancing over again..I think one..Leave the Movie Alone..two..keep with what your are doing in Dancing with The Stars..because thats the only job your are mediocor to.. and three you DEF DEF DEFINATELY are NOT an A1 Celeb your way down at the bottom trying very hard to climb a latter that just isnt there for you..

January 12, 2012 at 2:07 pm
(12) davonta says:

why cant carrie ann india host 1vs100 gsn find a new host and fast not bob sagent

January 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm
(13) Greg says:

If anyone working for GSN is reading this, I have a proposal to make….I propose that I be the new host of 1 vs. 100! Why is that, you ask? Because I can be a compassionate guy when I want to be. That can be shown in everything I do for my sisters. I also LOVE game shows! Plus, if a contestant needs my support, all they need to do is ask. I WANT TO GIVE AWAY THAT TOP PRIZE! Nobody’s beaten the mob on 1 vs. 100 yet. I want to help a contestant get past the mob and get rich!