1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

Family Feud Now Accepting Video Applications

By April 14, 2011

Good news for those of you who want to be a Family Feud contestant! Now you don't have to worry about whether or not casting calls will be happening in a nearby town, or flying out to Orlando to audition.

Casting for season 13 of the show has begun, and once again steve Harvey will return to host Family Feud. If you want to apply for the show, you can now send in a video submission of you and your family for consideration. This is a great addition to the show's casting process, allowing them to reach potential contestants from all corners of the country.

There are complete rules and details available at familytryouts.com, along with the current casting call schedule. Please make sure you read everything carefully - it would be a real shame to put the time and effort into creating a great video application, only to find out later that you didn't follow all of the rules.

Best of luck to everyone applying - I hope to see some of you winning lots of cash (and maybe a new car!) on the show next season!

Logo courtesy Debmar-Mercury

Comments

April 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm
(1) Wayne says:

I hope this works well for them. Millionaire did it once, and I wish more shows would do it.

Really, I’m not so sure I understand the need for the “casting” of game shows, when Millionaire first came on, it was a random drawing of those that took an automated phone test. I really can’t say there would’ve been enough “bad” contestants from that method to discourage other shows from doing the same.

April 17, 2011 at 11:26 am
(2) DJ says:

Well, they only want pretty, and irritating, people. Intelligence is only a requirement on Jeopardy…and even that contestant pool is based on intelligence and looks. I was told “no thank you” from the folks at Jeopardy because of my hairline a few years ago.
Like all show business, all phonies.

I especially liked when Millionaire drew contestants randomly from the audience…so the average joe could give it a shot if they wished…but I imagine even that was prescreened.

April 17, 2011 at 10:25 pm
(3) Wayne says:

They told you it was your hairline, or that is your opinion? From my experiences, a person is never told why they aren’t picked, they are just told yes or no.

Millionaire was completely random during the phone-in tryouts, it was all spelled out in the rules, and trust me when I say the rules posted are the rules they go by.

June 21, 2012 at 12:41 pm
(4) Shawn Todd says:

Wayne Wayne Wayne. I agree man. What is goin on man people getting turned downed due to hair loss! Wow tho. My father has been wanting on the show for years man! Since you took over, Family Feud or as I call it “the feud.” Steve man you put the show aliuve aainOld habit Wayne and Steve. LOL. I was actually on Jerry Springer (fake) Mostly real but I was a fill in and you have to be “Interesting” obviously lol. Dream come true man If I could make this happen.
The Music, Soul music, man was the Greatest feeling, memorys all that great music you did.and that make love theory you did that show. As you know that when u here that melody that takes you right back to romancin and takin care of mine.
My father who isn’t in great shape man but he could fly, and it’s like his dieng wish man.I am sure you hear that a lot but this is true. Been a fan for so long, but he says you top Louie Anderson and all The rest! YOU are the best Steve truthfully, I did not beecome a fan at all because of the dullness !!! On Kings Of Comedy man!!! Much LOVE Steve, lets make it happen!! P.s. I want Some Steve Harvey ties cu YO know the Perfect tie man. I want one man! I am sure you cold hook me up wih a momento of or even seein u man is worth it to me and the famly even if we don’t even man b star struck anyway by u lol. You a funny Dude STEVE!!!
U are loved as THE BEST game show. man On The feud will be my wish for the whole family and I jest think you bein number one, Please have an assistant get back to me Steve!! God Bless bro! Thanks – Shawn Todd

November 24, 2012 at 9:46 am
(5) Dache m says:

I really want to be on this show among others but what do broke ass people like me suppose to do if we dont have a video camera or access to certain things needed. Its not fair, the people they pick already be wealthy. Let me have a chance at some big money. Thats why they dont be that excited cuz they see that monwy all the time. Give me a chance, why I cant just call and get a spot damn.

March 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm
(6) JACKEE says:

Most of the comments people are saying you have to look a certain way in order to appear on Family Feud. So receeding hair line, missing teeth, lost hair, acne, bad teeth, overweight ect….. is out of the question. Please Family Feud it is just a game show!!

November 18, 2013 at 10:23 pm
(7) kadeek says:

dache m…why don’t they pick people like you? I think you answered your own question. go back and read what you wrote, and the attitude you wrote it with ,and then ask why they wouldn’t put you on a long running family show with super happy upbeat people..its not rocket science

February 24, 2014 at 5:17 pm
(8) Rick Anderson says:

Just a positive comment It seems like there is not an equal pick of family’s by nationalities . I’ve watched for many time’s with Steve Harvey as the host — He’s great and funny. Like to see Native Americans, Mexicans, Oriental’s Regard’s Rick