1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza Cast Members & Premiere Date

By January 12, 2011

GSN has released the names of the gusts appearing on their new show, Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza. If you're a fan of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, prepare to be thrilled! The folks joining host Drew Carey will be:
  • Ryan Stiles
  • Colin Mochrie
  • Brad Sherwood
  • Jeff Davis
  • Chip Esten
  • Greg Proops
  • Kathy Kinney
  • Jonathan Mangum
  • Sean Masterson
  • Heather Anne Campbell
The only person noticably missing from Whose Line? is Wayne Brady, though there are rumors that he might make a special appearance. Personally I'd also love to see a couple of Carey's fellow cast members from The Drew Carey Show as well - namely Craig Ferguson and Diedrich Bader.

Another bit of good news comes by way of BuzzerBlog - the announcer for the show will be none other than Rich Fields.

Improv-A-Ganza begins on GSN on March 28th. Taping starts tomorrow at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, with the following dates available: January 14-16, January 20-22 and February 3-5 at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Additional performances will be taped at 9 p.m. on Thursday, January 13th and Sunday, February 6th. You can order tickets at mgmgrand.com or ticketmaster.com.

I'm sure there will be some folks complaining that this isn't a game show so GSN shouldn't be airing it, but I'll be completely honest: I cannot wait until it premieres!

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

January 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm
(1) Wayne says:

Gee, wow, wherever did anyone get the idea to put a show like this together…

If I really wanna see this, and I don’t, I’ll just go to YouTube and look up Who’s Line, or Green Screen, etc.

Just another 1/2 hour of GSN I’ll never be watching.

January 24, 2011 at 4:11 pm
(2) a says:

Those are all repeats you fool

April 9, 2011 at 3:18 am
(3) shelle says:

So you won’t watch the show. Do you feel better now, having posted a worthless, snarky comment about it? Just another ten seconds of your life you’ll never get back. *eyeroll*

April 14, 2011 at 4:58 pm
(4) Karen S. says:

Oooo…sarcasm….that’s quite a talent you have there, Wayne. Must take a lot of time to develop such cutting-edge remarks.

January 12, 2011 at 5:30 pm
(5) Excited says:

A lot of people love the improv show. I personally cant wait to see it! I hope they stick to the whose line style format, hopefully with a little bit more room for raunchy behavior than ABC allowed.

January 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm
(6) Andrew & Alison says:

YAY this is so great! I love improv, and I can’t wait to see something like Whose Line back on screen! The cast is perfect – I only hope Wayne makes his special appearances often!

July 9, 2011 at 8:21 pm
(7) Emy Atchley says:

I just hope Wayne never shows up for the show. The show is AWESOME, EXTRODONARE. I love it and don’t need to watch Wayne’s ego.

January 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm
(8) DJ says:

Why do we need raunchy? What does that add?

February 15, 2011 at 8:46 am
(9) Bill K. says:

If you dont like it, change the channel dummy!

January 14, 2011 at 1:54 am
(10) Stephen H. says:

I’ll be happy if Wayne doesn’t make any special appearances. Not that I don’t like him, but he became too much of the focus of the U.S. WLiiA?, to the detriment of some of the talented “fourth-seaters” who ended up doing basically nothing (Proops, Greenwood, etc.).

April 3, 2011 at 4:31 pm
(11) raechel H says:

I agree, I think wayne was just there to be the singer and he wasn’t really genuinely funny. I do think that people like greg proops and brad sherwood are actually funny (most of the time) and they should do more in show.

April 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm
(12) Eric says:

Actually he was really funny. I remember when he did a lot of them. But they did make him sing too much.

January 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm
(13) Cindy Sabey says:

Saw the new show on Thursday night. It was fantastic and very funny! All the cast were great! Being there live was awesome!

January 17, 2011 at 6:33 pm
(14) SasquatchJim says:

I was skeptical until I saw who they were getting. Ryan, Colin, Brad, Jeff Greg, etc. With those guys, it can’t be but so bad. I’ll be watching :)

January 22, 2011 at 5:40 am
(15) krys says:

I will totally be watching! I love Colin, Ryan, Brad and Chip and of course Drew! I miss Whose Line and I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Whose Line live when it filmed in LA so many years back. :)

January 18, 2011 at 10:58 am
(16) Joyce Gilbert says:

We saw the live show on Jan 16th. It was great to see how some of the improv cast changed, esp. the weight Drew lost and how gray Colin’s hair is now. It’s much like the old show but with a few twist and each take turns as Emcee. I’m sure that as the new format progresses, it will get better and better. I can’t wait for it to air.

January 19, 2011 at 2:06 am
(17) Amy says:

Was at theMGM for the first filming of the new show and it was hilarious!!!

January 19, 2011 at 9:49 am
(18) Brandon LeBlanc says:

I WOULD IT FUNNY AS HELL. HE CALLED ME UP THERE TO THE STAGE TO DO SOUND EFFECTS. DIFFENENTY THE BEST TIME EVER

January 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm
(19) darkdefender85 says:

It’s Whose Line Is It Anyway 2.0!

January 22, 2011 at 12:33 pm
(20) Tara says:

I loved Whose Line! it was my favorite show ever!

January 27, 2011 at 12:58 am
(21) Matthew says:

I happen to be a fan of “Whose Line is it Anyway?”(in fact I am watching it as I write this comment) and can’t wait until March 28. What types of sketches do you think they are going to have (besides the ones already on Whose Line)?

January 27, 2011 at 6:07 pm
(22) izzy says:

im 13 and i love whose line! when i heard about this i went crazy! and i love ryan and colin!!!

January 28, 2011 at 8:45 am
(23) Rich says:

Whose line was the best show ever. Watching Drew crack up because of the stuff that was going on would make me cry from laughing. Can’t wait for the new show. Awesome.

January 30, 2011 at 2:13 am
(24) Pam says:

I attended the January 22 taping of the show at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. What a riot. I loved Whose Line is it Anyway and this was practically identical. I was disappointed not to see Colin Mochrie, but Chip Esten and the others were great! Loved it!

January 30, 2011 at 8:52 pm
(25) Kristen says:

This will be fudging awesome… :D !

I cant wait for this show and im happy that people from whose line will be there. Especially Colin and Ryan (no offense to the other cast members of course ^^).Oh, and gratz to drew carey for losing so much weight :) .

P.S. – What about Wayne Brady?!?!?!? D:

February 2, 2011 at 7:31 pm
(26) Hannah says:

This would suck without Colin, but since they got both him and Ryan this is gonna rock! I’m definitely going to tuning in. I’m also excited to see more of Brad and Greg.

February 4, 2011 at 9:38 pm
(27) Tony says:

Whose Line Is It Anyway has been and always will be my favorite show. That show really never got its due. I get really mad when ABC Family decides they want to replace it with crap like My Wife And Kids! That makes me SO MAD! Any show that can actually get me laughing so hard that I start crying has to be worth its weight in gold. I can only imagine that with the talented Drew Carey at the helm of the new show, that it will be just as great as WLIIA. I’ll never forget the episode of “Sound Effects” where two ladies were pulled from the audience and they only made one or two different sounds for what Ryan and Colin were doing and the feedback from Ryan and Colin to make up for the “lack of” sound effects just put me on the floor crying! And Drew’s reaction at the desk just made my crying unstoppable!

Absolutely hilarious! Greatest show EVER! Can’t wait for the new show!

October 14, 2011 at 12:19 am
(28) Doug says:

Can you find this episode anywhere? I think we’re thinking of the same and I’ve looked everywhere searching “sound effects”

February 8, 2011 at 12:56 am
(29) Lills says:

I am very excited to watch this show. I have been re-watching the Drew Carey show because it is one of my favorite shows. I miss the drew carey show when it ended, so this is like a dream come true.

April 5, 2011 at 12:16 pm
(30) bret says:

Just a question, where have you been watching the Drew Carey Show? I can’t find it on anywhere.

February 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm
(31) Steph says:

I was so excited when I heared about this! Then got even more excited when I saw it was pretty much everyone from Whoes Line … :D concidering it is one of my fave shows still, I cannot wait until March 28th!! It will be legen …. DERY!!

February 14, 2011 at 3:57 pm
(32) Laine says:

I am so ridiculously excited for this show. I absolutely LOVE Whose Line, and I’m sooo glad they’re putting something like it back on the air. Especially with Collin and Ryan. Can’t wait!

February 15, 2011 at 10:03 am
(33) Franke Sisto says:

Whose Line is it Anyway is coming back… I’m gonna be watching it and I can’t wait.

But hold on… where’s Laura Hall and Linda Taylor?

February 17, 2011 at 7:26 pm
(34) YES! says:

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS SHOW TO AIR! im still sad whose line is gone…will miss wayne but with Ryan Stiles and Colin who can complain!?

February 27, 2011 at 11:40 am
(35) Robert says:

My whole family will be stoked for this show! We watched Whose Line when it was on, then watched the syndicated repeats, and even bought the DVDs. Possibly our favorite show ever!

February 27, 2011 at 6:32 pm
(36) Chris says:

Went to a Feb taping and Wayne Brady was indeed part of the cast for this performance — hilarious stuff, should be a hit

March 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm
(37) Robert Hayes says:

Wayne Brady was on a couple of episodes of Fast & Loose (The new British version) recently. I don’t know why he hasn’t shown up for this one.

March 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm
(38) Carole D says:

I could never understand why Ryan and Colin weren’t offered a SitCom.

March 12, 2011 at 6:26 pm
(39) Brendan Plestid says:

Holy Crap! I am so happy they are doing this. I have always wondered why they would take off whose line. I am sad that Wyane isn’t on the show and it may be harder for them to make fun of Drew now that he’s lost weight. Also, I checked the GSN site and they said it was first on April 11th.

March 15, 2011 at 11:26 pm
(40) susan says:

I loved Wayne on the show he was great. Especially with the singing!!! I didn’t think he pushed out the 4th person I was kinda glad sometimes cause the 4th most of the time Sucked especially the women. There were only a couple of guys that didn’t blow… so I was kinda glad when the 4th was sitting in the chair….but that is just my personal opinion… I for one am totally psyched for this new show and I never watch GSN so this is the 1st thing that has drawn me to this channel

March 18, 2011 at 11:36 am
(41) Mel says:

About bloody time!!!
I love the first comment left about “I’ll just go to youtube to watch WLIA or green screen” but you don’t want to watch the original cast in new episodes??? Really don’t understand that logic.

March 19, 2011 at 11:35 pm
(42) Quinn says:

I LOVE IT! i cannot wait…Ryan and Colin are my favorite comedians! i watch “whose line is it anyway?” (re runs) all the time on youtube and no matter how many times i watch them i crack up!!! i am sooo excited to see this new show!! finally someone wised up and made a show like this again!!! good job!!!

March 21, 2011 at 1:23 am
(43) Elizabeth Hall says:

Where’s Laura Hall on piano?!?!?

March 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm
(44) Kelly says:

Subscribe to the Improv-a-ganza youtube channel!

March 22, 2011 at 12:27 am
(45) Alice says:

I’m so happy this show is happening. I love the cast of whose line and I’m sure I’ll love this new show.

March 23, 2011 at 7:22 pm
(46) Harmony says:

Im 12 yeas old and I belong to an improv group. I watch whose line is it anyway. The cast members are my biggest inspiration! The wit of them all is so stimulating. I hope to be like them when I grow up.

P.S. Drew Carey, if you ever want to give an aspiring kid a shot, then please comment on this post.

March 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm
(47) Joanna says:

Seriously…what’s with all the men kissing each other????
not funny

March 25, 2011 at 7:21 pm
(48) Mike says:

Not really raunchy just wish they didn’t have to watch themselves and censor themselves as much wish they could get a spot on cable

March 26, 2011 at 12:15 am
(49) zeta7256 says:

Cannot WAIT for this. About 2 years ago, i went through every single episode of whose line and then green screen and felt so crappy that there was no more and that the cast wasn’t anywhere else on tv. This is a good day for me :D

March 26, 2011 at 9:17 pm
(50) steve says:

It seems as if Wayne Brady and Ryan Stiles didnt get along

March 27, 2011 at 3:11 pm
(51) Lag says:

without Ryan Stiles the show is a half less fun …

March 28, 2011 at 10:24 am
(52) clare says:

this show will be awesome. attended one episode in feb and was on stage with greg,ryan and drew. it was hilarious. cant wait for the show to start. not sure about seeing myself on tv , however! glad improv is back. drew & crew are pure genious!

April 4, 2011 at 1:58 pm
(53) Improv snob says:

But Drew is, how do I put this gently, terrible at improv. I appreciate that it’s his money and starpower that gets these shows on the air, and I really love that he loves improvisation, but he’s not good at it. The idea that the “prize” for winning an episode was to do a game with him is kinda insulting to everyone. Unless he actually broke down and went to Second City since “Whose Line” went off the air, the only place he belongs is behind the podium. No, wait-Clive Anderson belongs there. Sorry, Drew. But not that sorry.

April 11, 2011 at 12:07 am
(54) wayne hater says:

smh wayne, smh

April 11, 2011 at 9:06 pm
(55) Terry says:

I loved it! I’m so glad Ryan, Colin, Brad & Greg (and of course Drew) are back together! It was great to see Wayne too! They always make me laugh! Great job & welcome back fellas!

April 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm
(56) debbie says:

loved it!!!!!!! can’t wait for more episodes.

April 13, 2011 at 8:03 pm
(57) Geneva says:

UGH! I wish we had GSN!!!! I loved Whose Line! T^T I’m sad now….

April 20, 2011 at 6:35 am
(58) Cynthia says:

I love the show. My family and I watch it every night. I think the guys are really funny and have a lot of talent.

April 23, 2011 at 8:40 pm
(59) DIANNE says:

I AGREE WITH THOSE THAT THOUGHT “WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY” WAS GOOD COMEDY ON TV AND I MISS IT. I WISH THEY WOULD DO MORE OF THE DATING GAME, OR PARTY QUIRKS, SCENES FROM A HAT, JUST A FEW OF THE SKITS I MISS. I HOPE THAT WITH THIS LARGER CAST AND VERY TALENTED CAST, THEY COULD MAKE THE SKITS A LITTLE LESS TIME CONSUMING AND BRING BACK SOME OF THE OLD IMPROVS.

July 1, 2011 at 12:09 am
(60) Patty says:

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR. DREW STICK TO THE PRICE IS RIGHT BECAUSE THIS IS THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION. I CAN’T SEE WHAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT THIS STUPIED SHOW. EVERYONE ACTS LIKE A BUNCH OF STUPIED ASS MORON ON STAGE. AND THEIR NOT FUNNY STANDING ON STAGE ACTING AND STAYING STUPIED THINGS. I DON’T SEE HOW THIS SHOW CAN MAKE IT.

July 29, 2011 at 12:17 am
(61) Amanda says:

Funny how you call them “a bunch of stupied ass moron,” when it seems that you are the one who can’t spell, or even put together a grammatically correct sentence.

I love “Whose Line” and I wish I had GSN so that I could watch “Improv-A-Ganza.”

And for the record, it’s “they’re,” not “their.”

July 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm
(62) ron says:

isn’t kathy bates on the crew lineup

July 14, 2011 at 6:47 pm
(63) gigi says:

Have seen the show several times and I love it!! Would love to see it live!!

September 6, 2011 at 12:10 am
(64) Anon says:

im a teen, but i still remember watching whose line when i was a little kid.. I’m so glad they made another improv show though! hopefully they come back with a second season! and would love to see this show live in vegas

April 3, 2014 at 7:38 am
(65) Ed Clayton says:

Bashing a show without ever having seen it…WOW! How utterly classless of you, “Wayne”–truly, utterly, and unforgivably classless.