From what I'm being told, there are two things that are especially upsetting to many readers. First, the prize money. I can understand the drama in offering a potential million-dollar win, and it was really fun to see someone actually win it in the prime time version. But this is GSN - they don't have the funding to put that much money on the line. And personally, I don't care if contestants win a million bucks or a box of Rice-A-Roni; it's the game itself that matters.
The other thing that seems to be getting viewers riled up is Carrie Ann Inaba - or more specifically, the way she dresses. Here's a sampling of the comments left on this blog and sent to me via e-mail, relating to Inaba's wardrobe choices:
- "Carrie Ann looks down right sleazy. I try not to down other women but she looks trampy."
- "Carrie does dress like a hooker."
- "Perhaps Carrie can be one of the contestants so she can buy some clothes that fit."
- "I was shocked, to say the least, to see the wardrobe choices of Carrie Ann."
- "She also does not need to wear those tight outfits, they don't do a thing for her."
My own opinion is that she's a decent host, but maybe the problem is really that 1 vs. 100 was so loved that people are expecting a Bob Saget clone at the helm. I'd love to hear more from you though!
Photo courtesy GSN