1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

Let's Talk About Carrie Ann Inaba and 1 vs. 100

By December 7, 2010

Now that GSN's new version of 1 vs. 100 has had some time to settle in, let's talk. From the comments I've seen around the web, there are many people who are enjoying it. I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised by all of the comments on the blog post linked above, and the direct e-mail I'm getting about the show.

From what I'm being told, there are two things that are especially upsetting to many readers. First, the prize money. I can understand the drama in offering a potential million-dollar win, and it was really fun to see someone actually win it in the prime time version. But this is GSN - they don't have the funding to put that much money on the line. And personally, I don't care if contestants win a million bucks or a box of Rice-A-Roni; it's the game itself that matters.

The other thing that seems to be getting viewers riled up is Carrie Ann Inaba - or more specifically, the way she dresses. Here's a sampling of the comments left on this blog and sent to me via e-mail, relating to Inaba's wardrobe choices:
  • "Carrie Ann looks down right sleazy. I try not to down other women but she looks trampy."
  • "Carrie does dress like a hooker."
  • "Perhaps Carrie can be one of the contestants so she can buy some clothes that fit."
  • "I was shocked, to say the least, to see the wardrobe choices of Carrie Ann."
  • "She also does not need to wear those tight outfits, they don't do a thing for her."
First, I'll say that I think Carrie Ann Inaba is lovely, and if she wants to wear paper bags it isn't going to affect the game one iota for me. (And I have to admit, having the same name as Inaba - my full first name is Carrie-Ann - can be a bit jarring when I get these e-mails!) So I really need to ask you folks, does her wardrobe really make a difference in the "watchability" of the game? (And let's try to keep the comments free from personal insults.)

My own opinion is that she's a decent host, but maybe the problem is really that 1 vs. 100 was so loved that people are expecting a Bob Saget clone at the helm. I'd love to hear more from you though!

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

December 7, 2010 at 12:03 pm
(1) Mark Baker-Wright says:

I finally had the opportunity to see an episode a couple of weekends ago while on a mini-vacation (I don’t get cable, and thus all GSN-specific shows are generally unavailable to me). I see no reason to get upset about this version. It’s a reasonably faithful revival, admittedly scaled down to what GSN can manage.

My main gripe with the show is the same one I’ve had with most single-contestant shows since Millionaire: the editing. They work it to exactly fit the half hour too often. I should not be able to know that a contestant will either fail or walk away in the next five minutes. Modern game show producers don’t understand this fundamental issue.

December 7, 2010 at 12:42 pm
(2) Chad Mosher says:

Mark, just so you know, this version does feature carry-overs. The episode that starts today will be carried over from last night.

I don’t think Carrie Ann looks bad at all. She’s in her early 40s and she still has an incredible figure. Does she have a little bit of “junk” in the trunk and some other places? Well, sure! She’s in her 40s. If she’s not afraid to hide it, more power to her. Her outfits are just fine.

December 7, 2010 at 4:29 pm
(3) Dave Walls says:

Some people just LOOK to get offended at stuff. Seriously, people, get over it.

November 1, 2011 at 2:41 pm
(4) Aimee says:

She and her clothes are not offensive, she can wear what she wants, if she wants to dress slutty, she can

December 9, 2010 at 11:45 am
(5) Wayne says:

The problems of this show have nothing to do with Carrie Ann’s clothes.

There is no excitement at all to her hosting; she is just sort of hanging out with the contestant. She needs to stop dancing & singing while up there as well. She also doesn’t need to remind the contestants after every question that they’re “working their way up to $50,000 dollars,” and she has to stop saying, “this game is simple,” that was Bob Saget’s line.

The casting is typical of recent shows, especially on GSN where all they do is look for actor wannabes who know how to scream “woo” after giving their answers as if they have done a great job when they are totally clueless as to what the answer is. These contestant coordinators need to stop casting and start looking for contestants.

Then there is the money ladder—the system was bad on NBC when the money was bigger, and it’s even worse now. You can knock out nine players over three questions and not have any bigger a decision to make than was made ten minutes ago, yet the contestants still act like it’s a new decision. An increasing bounty per head was the much better way to go with this show.

One of the biggest problems is the pacing of the show—very slow. Sorry producers of so many game shows these days, but slow and drawn out does not equal drama, it equals boring! This is yet another show I’m so glad I have TiVo for. I can see the substance in about ten minutes. It takes about 12-15 seconds between the time a contestant locks in an answer and the reveal, if ten questions are asked in the show, that means more than two minutes are wasted. Kudos to GSN for only making this a half hour show, there never was a need for a full hour.

December 9, 2010 at 11:45 am
(6) Wayne says:

part II:

The virtual mob is nowhere near as cool or intimidating as the live mob, and the limited interaction during the game isn’t as good either, but considering the budget I really don’t have a problem with it.

$50,000 for the top prize is lame, not because of the dollar amount, but because of what it takes to get there. This is another almost impossible game to win, so at least they should make it worth the effort and risk that becomes involved at the upper levels of the game. It is also not the least bit exciting to watch someone fake their way around the really difficult decision on walking with $5000 or to keep playing. The average household credit card debt is bigger than that, why would anyone go through all the trouble of getting on a show only to walk with an amount that won’t really do them any good in their life? If a contestant is really squirming over that amount, they really aren’t exciting enough to be a contestant in the first place, so yeah, more issues with “casting” being done instead of looking for real contestants.

Overall the show is watchable, but not the appointment viewing it was on NBC.

December 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm
(7) Janet Jacobs says:

Yes her clothing does detract from the show. She needs to get clothes that fit her. So far it looks like she buys stuff that is two sizes to small. I used to like the show but I find myself being turned off by seeing too much of Carrie Ann

May 18, 2011 at 2:52 am
(8) Mountain Rose says:

Ii see that someone else agrees with me. I enjoyed hearing Carrie Ann Inaba on DWTS, but it is so embarrassing to see her on 1 versus 100. How could anyone in wardrobe could let her get out there looking like she does? She has a pretty face, but her clothes that are way too small for her and so unflattering should be changed–she should look in a mirror, especially see her profile, and see how bad she looks. She could be a lovely lady, but clothes to cover up her flaws–huge hips, stomach, and legs–should certainly be picked by someone in wardrobe. She needs help badly. This does distract from the show.

December 9, 2010 at 1:13 pm
(9) Elaine says:

she needs to be on biggest loser!! What a fat butt and gut uck!!!!

February 1, 2011 at 10:11 pm
(10) Isabel says:

She has the worst looking outfit that I have ever seen. She wears these short dresses and she really does not have the legs for it. What a shame because she is very pretty.

December 9, 2010 at 4:55 pm
(11) Arlington Lane says:

Please let’s stop the hate on the hosts that are out there…especially the ones on GSN…I think GSN has done a great job with picking hosts meaning Catch 21′s Alfonso Ribeiro, the recent Sherri Shepherd for the Newlywed Game, and Carrie Ann for 1 vs. 100. Yes they may not be titled “game show hosts” like Wink Martindale, Jim Perry, Bob Barker…but these producers have worked well enough with them that can do a good job. You’ve got to give some of these hosts a chance…wouldn’t you want the support if you were hosting one of these shows?

December 9, 2010 at 7:44 pm
(12) alyssa says:

I quit watching this show. I don’t want their ratings to go up. Carrie Ann IS TERRIBLE.

December 10, 2010 at 12:21 pm
(13) BMSprint says:

It’s funny that someone is hating on the $5,000 prize when almost half the people who get there are walking with it. Honestly I would consider it, it could easily recoup the cost of getting there and you’re left with $1,000 or so and having had a really fun time. I feel like game show fans are starting to get ungrateful just because they’ve been spoiled with million dollar game shows. 20 years ago the $25,000 CBS cap was in place and that’s only worth about $100,000 now and it was incredibly rare to see it be reached.

Some of the complaints about Carrie Ann, like the $50,000 repetitive reminder, are irritating. However, fussing at her for using the “game is simple” line is ridiculous. I seriously doubt Bob Saget wrote that line, it’s a part of a show and a great way to segway into the game. She is the host of 1 vs. 100, this is getting way too picky.

Fussing about the 10 contestant to a win format is also too picky. Part of the problem with the “bounty” format is someone who had $200,000 would know that, if you were on the $7,000 question, went for it, and eliminated 7 people, you would win $49,000. That seriously negates the risk being worthwhile, especially when you get down to the final handful of contestants. The risk/reward ratio makes more sense, I could just see making it where in the later stages of the game you went up for every 5 contestants instead of 10.

I feel like the way it is now is just about as good as we could have hoped for. Considering the ratings, this is probably a slightly better than break even show right now. Most contestants on Russian Roulette won $3,000. On 1 vs. 100, $5,000, even $10,000 is being regularly won, so as a GSN show they’re probably pusing the limit.

December 10, 2010 at 6:24 pm
(14) Wayne says:

1. I’m not hating on the $5000 prize, I’m saying it’s just not exciting watching an actor pretend this is a difficult decision. Yes, anyone would love $5K, but after going through the trouble to get on the show, a real contestant should have a go for broke attitude/not be “in it for the money”. For most people that would barely cover expenses and a little debt. Pointing out that almost half the people who get there walk with it does not say it is a great prize, it says those people know they were lucky to get that far in the game and know they don’t have the ability to go further. I wasn’t calling for a $1m prize, but for a show this difficult to reach the top, I just feel something more is in order. $25 or $50K for a show like Lingo where it is reachable is surely doable even on a GSN budget. To say the $25K back in the day at CBS was rarely reached just may be the understatement of 2010—it was called $25,000 Pyramid, many got there, and Press Your Luck contestants would get there often as well.
2. What is irritating is the repetitive reminder, not commenters/bloggers stating it is irritating—that would be why it is mentioned so often.
3. It’s a part of the show because it was a line by Bob Saget—Carrie Ann needs to learn how to host the show and do it her own way

December 10, 2010 at 6:24 pm
(15) Wayne says:

part II:

4. Fussing about the 10 contestant format isn’t being picky, the topic is what is wrong with the show and this is just one of several problems I pointed out. I stand by my comment as we can easily see three questions and ten minutes go by without the actor having to make any different, and therefore more difficult decision to keep going. You have to remember that as the game goes on, the mob gets smarter and every question will take out fewer mobsters at a time.
5. Comparing $5000 on 1 vs. 100 to $3000 on Russian Roulette is very flawed because when $3000 was won on RR, the actor didn’t have to make the decision to take that and walk, or play on for more risking getting nothing. Even when the RR actor made the $10 bonus round, they were only risking the $10K, the main game money was safe and the actor knew full well the risk being taken (2 drop zones = 33%, etc.) not hoping for another trivia question they may or may not know the answer to.

BMS, your comment says much about what I’ve expressed, but what about your own opinion—what is so right about this show? What do you think is wrong with the show?

I love the concept of this show, I can deal with the virtual mob, I can and do watch this show when the mood strikes and I have the time, but this show does have many problems.

December 11, 2010 at 12:28 pm
(16) Emma says:

I can’t believe they chose Carrie Ann for the host! Don’t we get enough of her on Dancing with the Stars? She dresses like she is a hooker. I don’t like her at all, get someone else!

December 13, 2010 at 8:02 am
(17) Betty LaJoice says:

I use to watch 1 vs 100 but since Carrie Ann has been hosting the show I do not watch , she is too how shall I put it Cheap looking with her tight clothes|Why don”t youget Bob Saget back I really loved him.

December 13, 2010 at 10:23 am
(18) ANN HUBERT says:

December 13, 2010 at 10:57 am
(19) kathie says:

I liked the Bob Saget version must better I think the live mob gave it more excitement and he is a better host

December 13, 2010 at 9:04 pm
(20) Someone says:

I agree with Alyssa!!

December 14, 2010 at 3:27 am
(21) Mike says:

I wouldn’t say her clothes “detract” from the appeal the show, but it’s definitely noticeable. Basically she’s clinging to the fact that she used to have an amazing body. By the way I think she’s still a great looking woman, but realistically she’s gained a few pounds. Again not a big deal and I still think she’s very attractive but I think she needs to modify the wardrobe a bit.

As far as the game itself, the virtual mob and low prize money are due to budgetary reasons. I think that’s fairly obvious. I like the show just because I like trivia but the structure of it is bad. It’s such a scam the work you have to do to get to the top prize. It’s actually worse than Millionaire, which I didn’t think was possible.

December 15, 2010 at 2:40 pm
(22) Sorry says:

I think she is sexy as all hell….bumps and all

December 15, 2010 at 3:58 pm
(23) BMSprint says:

What I think is wrong? Well, I think Carrie Ann is OK but they could have done better. That would be the biggest problem to me. I like it, I think it is probably second to Baggage the best current GSN original—but imagine if Chuck Woolery were the host.

Maybe I’m just a broke (currently former) college student, but the $5,000 is tempting to me. It would change my life. People in Britain don’t take this for granted, that’s why Greed didn’t work in Britain—people played with fewer crazy risks than they do here. I just really disagree about the idea that that would not be a tough choice. On a show like 1 vs. 100 you never know if the next question is going to be really hard or really easy.

Although, that is another problem with this version. The questions seem ridiculously easy to me, a 19 year old, up until people get to about $2,500/$4,000 depending on the money tree of the episode. And the fact that they are going back and forth is a bit irritating to me as well. I can’t believe someone used a help on “The Write Brothers” question.

But it’s really an OK show and Wayne, I don’t mind your opinions, I just don’t feel like they are right, but I do like them better than this comment:

“WE DON’T LIKE THE NEW VERISON OF THE SHOW!!!!!SO WE CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!IT NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT!!”

December 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm
(24) Caroline says:

I love 1 vs 100..but I must agree that Carrie anne needs to tone it down a little. However, its the virtual mob and the way the constestant earn the money that is a real turnoff.If they don’t change the format soon.I will stop watching…

December 15, 2010 at 8:26 pm
(25) Wayne says:

I wish more sites were like this, where commenters actually discuss things instead of being insulting…

Like I said, I do like the show overall, but the long time between answer and reveal and the actors pretending to make that $5K decision is just too much. Just for kicks, I hit pause on the TiVo at the start of the show, came back 21 minutes later, and caught up to the end of the show at 730–just goes to show how little content is in this one.

I agree the questions are very easy, but since the money is so low, they really shouldn’t be harder.

When I was 19, I would’ve had a harder time walking away from $5K, when Millionaire came on the scene, I was 26, so I said I would go for $1m or bust. I figured I could almost always hit the $32K, many times without a lifeline, and a 25% chance at getting a question correct on a wild guess while still walking out with $32K seemed like a good idea to me.

Now 10 years later, being married and living hand to mouth, $5K just isn’t worth walking with, and if they ever put me on Millionaire, it’s 10 questions or bust since it is a rare opportunity. I will probably go for the $100K question, but I wouldn’t take any chances after $100K unless I had a really good idea of the answer–how times change as you age.

And yeah, the simple SHOW SUCKS, CHANGE IT BACK stuff I could do without.

December 16, 2010 at 5:35 pm
(26) Bill says:

I will echo the sentiments of most people on here…Carrie Ann is not a good host. She works for DWTS, but not for this. She isn’t funny and doesn’t really add to the show in any meaningful way.

I also think that trying to create drama and suspense over $5,000 is really difficult. I’m shocked that people stop at that point.

All in all, the format is good, bt they could have done a MUCH better job with this revival

December 17, 2010 at 8:52 am
(27) audrey reigle says:

I quit watching 1 verses 100 Carrie Ann looks like a tramp,
the dresses (if that what you call them) are 5 sizes too small
she has a bay window and a back porch (stomach & butt) in those clothes and looks like a crazy person flinging those lanky arms all around. she is a bad influence are teens . If she was to bend over you would see everthing she owns. (that is if she could) GSN JUST LOSS A VIEWER

December 17, 2010 at 2:07 pm
(28) BMSprint says:

I think part of the reason $5,000 is a tough choice is that you know you are on a GSN game show, it will be tough to win massive money, and also you can’t forget—the standard of contestant is so low. Normally GSN will put just about anyone who will cough up the cost to fly there from states away for the audition on the show, just being grateful that not all the contestants will be from LA. I think Chad repeatedly being on other game shows worked against him a little bit in becoming the “1.”

And Wayne, I am a bit surprised you would go for the $100,000 question on Millionaire. I guess it depends on whether or not you had jumps left. That’s what is kind of fun about the changes to Millionaire… if you ace the game up to $100,000 using only Ask the Audience and don’t know either the $250 or $500k question you can just jump them and you can see the $1,000,000 question with only a $75k risk.

December 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(29) Wayne says:

I figure it this way, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I want to make the most of it. I live my life without regrets…

The $100K question has always been what I call the risk/reward question–nowhere else in the game is the risk so small for a payoff so large. Even in the new version, you are risking about $25K to view a question worth $250K. If I would have no idea at all, I might take the $50K (roughly) I would have, if I have a jump, of course I’d use it and have the same choice. If I can narrow down the answers so I have a 50/50 shot, I’m going for it, if my chances are 1/3, I’d still have a hard time not trying my luck.

December 22, 2010 at 11:43 am
(30) andrew b says:

December 22, 2010 at 11:52 am
(31) Carrie says:

“Usually when people say “Carrie does dress like a hooker”, they get banned from this website…lol”

Haha! The comments on relevant posts aren’t so bad – it’s when I get personal e-mails that start off that way that are a bit shocking at first. ;-)

Too funny Andrew!

December 25, 2010 at 1:16 pm
(32) goldie says:

I use to love 1 vs 100, but now with the weired pictures of the mob and the sausage stuffed dress of Carrie Ann. It is a real turn off. Not to mention the low amounts the people can win. Why did they change the whole show.?

December 28, 2010 at 7:13 pm
(33) Jk says:

Someone should dress Carrie ann properly

she looks terrible in her skin tight dresses

maybe what not to wear should intervene

now that would be a great show

January 3, 2011 at 8:44 pm
(34) Beth says:

I think she is probably a nice woman but her stylists need to get real. Her dresses make her look 4 months pregnant. Not at al flattering.

January 5, 2011 at 12:49 am
(35) Rita says:

Carrie Ann is beautiful, but its true she needs to wear more appropriate clothing, short and cute but with taste, sorry Carrie Ann i’m just being honest

January 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm
(36) susan says:

she’s fat and boring. Bob Saget was so damn good compared to her.

January 11, 2011 at 1:01 am
(37) Jay says:

Carrie Ann needs to go. Such a shame, 1 vs. 100 was my favorite game show and now it’s absolutely unwatchable.

January 13, 2011 at 7:27 pm
(38) James says:

Carrie Ann is fat!!! She better lose about 30 pounds

January 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm
(39) Sam says:

It doesn’t bother me that she isn’t in the best shape of her life. What bothers me is that she is the only one dressed like that. This isn’t a “sexy” game show. It just seems completely inappropriate and out of place. She looks silly compared to the casually dressed contestants. I’m watching now, and she’s got a choker necklace thing with chains that come down around her skin tight dress. What is that about? No joke, she looks like a dominatrix.

January 14, 2011 at 4:11 pm
(40) Gloria says:

I have to agree that Carrie Ann is not dressed appropropiately for this show. She not only wears her clothing a few sizes too small , every dress is the same style, just a different color. All are too short and too tight. I didn’t mind her on Dancing with the Stars but on this show she is a disgrace. I actually thought she was about 5 months pregnant!!! If you saw just her you would think it was the beginning of a porn movie…not a game show! Please, please, get someone else. I use to watch the show regularly but quit as I can’t stand her.

January 14, 2011 at 4:44 pm
(41) Gloria says:

Too funny…I just looked at the top of the page and the ad is..1 Rule to a Flat Stomach. Maybe Carrie Ann should take note!!

January 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm
(42) Love it says:

I think the outfits that she wears are fantastic. There is no shame in having a nice shape and Carrie has a nice shape. I am sure a lot of men are watching the show just to see her. Why did the network not pick some homely, skinny lady to play the host? Come on, sex appeal sells, and she has it.

January 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm
(43) Marie says:

I am in total agreement with Wayne..good points. Although I am not a fan of Carrie Ann or her “dress” it is not the total reason I don’t watch it anymore. I really don’t like the virtual mob idea….it has lost alot in the translation. I miss Bob Saget…..who’d have thought I’d ever say that?

January 20, 2011 at 8:27 pm
(44) Sarah says:

I am addicted to GSN. I am not, however, addicted to 1 vs 100. The majority of the reasons why I don’t like the show revolve around the hostess:

1. Her wardrobe. I am a full figured woman and manage to dress attractively. Now, I’m just a common person and she is a Hollywood celebrity! There is no reason for her to be on TV dressed as she is. I think the grey dress she wore with the grey boots that went above her knees (!) speaks for itself. Here is proof the girl can dress AND look good:
2. The inflections of her voice NEVER change. Ever notice how at the end of each sentence she ends it by shouting? It’s like nails on a chalkboard.
3. Her overall hosting capabilities are practically non-existent. She’s not very good at the small talk, she has about 5 or so standard lines she uses all the time. Heck, even her hand gestures are repetitive, like when she motions to the mob… argh, so annoying.

The bottom line is the HOST MAKES THE SHOW. Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, Regis Philbin, Chuck Wolery, Dick Clark, Bob Barker, Vanna White, Anne Robinson – those are game show hosts!

Carrie Ann just needs a little coaching…

January 22, 2011 at 12:48 pm
(45) Carole says:

I have to say that I loved watching 1vs100 but since Cary Ann has become the hostess, I can’t even stand “hearing” the show, let alone watching it. It drives me totally insane the way she drags the word “dollars” i.e. Five thousand dollllllllllllars. And what about her wardrobe? My fiance keeps on saying she looks like a hooker and I have to agree with her.

January 25, 2011 at 7:28 pm
(46) Sabrina says:

I agree that Carrie Ann’s choice of clothing for the show is not appropriate, nor does a thing for her. She needs to be on the show “What Not to Wear”! But I love the game. I also prefer having the “Mob” actually on the show as in the previous version, not on screens as in this newer version.

January 27, 2011 at 8:33 pm
(47) johanna says:

my family and friends and i call u BUTT and BELLY! get some clothes that fit!!!

February 1, 2011 at 11:00 am
(48) karen bryan says:

Carrie Ann Inaba is a horrible host!! I don’t know where they pick these people from but just as bad a Sherri Shepherd on Newlywed Game!

February 1, 2011 at 4:30 pm
(49) Jane says:

I don’t like the new 1 vs 100 with Carrie Ann Inaba. The camermen are so interested in her tight hooker clothes and boots that it’s hard to watch the show. I agree that she should get rid of her current seamstress and dress like a regular woman. Even long flowing pants would look better if she likes the taylored look. Obviously she not the frilly type. Her personality is kind of drab. And she plays with the huge rings she wears on both hands throuhout the show. So, between her poor choice in clothing and those ugly rings she play with along with the camermen watching her every move, I think she is very dismal as the new hostess!!

February 1, 2011 at 10:21 pm
(50) Janet Oliver says:

Carrie Ann is doing the best she can as an “unseasoned” game show host, but her short, tight-fitting dresses are doing her unjustice. Her outfits are unprofessional and look terrible! She needs to wear what she wears on Dancing With the Stars or even what the constestants are wearing. She looks like a hooker in her thigh-high boots and stretchy, short, pleather dresses. UGH! As for the “100″ – I miss the live people, but the web cam Mob thing gives everyone a chance to be on the show – from Maine to Arizona…

February 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm
(51) Jerre Levy says:

From the waist down, Carrie Ann dresses like a hooker who is pregnant and stuffed into a dress that is 2 sizes too small. And, yes, when something that inappropriate and unappealing is in your face on a game show, it detracts from enjoyment of the show. GSN should hire a top-flight designer to dress Carrie Ann because she obviously is clueless.

February 4, 2011 at 11:42 pm
(52) chandler says:

I have been very disappointed in the show since Carrie Ann took over as host. From the first time I saw the commercials for the show I was disappointed. In that scene her dress was so tight that it revealed a little bit of a tummy! Now most of us have one and try to hide it! However, when you are a game show host of a show that was so loved, I would thing that she would dress more professionally. If we only had to look at her face it would be fine. But her choice of clothing leaves a lot to be desired as far as I am concerned. The short, tight outfits she wears usually make her look larger than she really is. I only watch the reruns of the show now – those with Bob Saget!

February 20, 2011 at 2:06 am
(53) ugh says:

I was never fond of Bob’s hosting abilities and never really noticed his clothes. Now with Carrie Ann, I keep wanting Bob back and can’t stop gagging at her too-tight clothes.

June 1, 2011 at 5:57 pm
(54) Mountain Rose says:

I disagree with you that what Carrie Ann Inaba wears doesn’t affect the show. Every time you show that huge, lumpy profile, it makes me embarrassed for her. She needs to have a look in the mirror and so does someone in wardrobe. She is a lovely girl, and it’s a shame that she doesn’t know any better than this and that wardrobe can’t see this, as it is really humiliating for her to come out like this! The illusion of “stars,” “hosts,” etc., should be of loveliness, not slovenliness.

July 13, 2011 at 9:14 pm
(55) Non viewer says:

I am very embarrassed for her. She is BORING. Does not connect with contestants on a human level, and does not realize she dresses WAY too young for her age.

October 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm
(56) james nelson says:

carrie ann is beautiful the women are jealous and the men are mad because she wouldn’t them the time of day i promise you that if carrie ann leave the rating would drop

March 10, 2012 at 9:29 pm
(57) Susan Brannian says:

Carrie Ann does not like the contestants. She does not possess the personality to effectively interact with people. She’s comes off as phony. I believe that her real personality is evident on Dancing With the Stars. Her nasty comments to people come from her basic hateful nature. It is this quality that makes people want to pick on her clothing choices and her figure. If someone is likable, we tend to cut them more slack.

September 19, 2012 at 10:45 am
(58) Gary says:

I think Carrie Ann Inaba is pretty, But I don’t like the way she dress. She need to get her self under controll and stop wearing govy clothes.
She does notlike the contestant and mind about her self.