1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

Sherri Shepherd's Newlywed Game - Raunchier Than Ever

By October 28, 2010

With GSN gearing up to premiere its fourth season of The Newlywed Game, new host Sherri Shepherd is spilling some details on the upcoming season. In an interview with AOL News (which is archived in the "weird news" category, oddly enough), she gave a few examples of the questions she's asked in the 65 episodes she's taped so far.

Now I understand that Carnie Wilson had some pretty raunchy questions, but Shepherd notes that she's asked some doozies already including:
  • Husband's penis size
  • Sounds the wife makes during orgasm
  • Which part of the wives' bodies the husbands touch first during foreplay
I'm no prude, but we've sure come a long way from the Bob Eubanks days of Newlywed, that's for sure.

On the plus side, Shepherd also says that she's a long-time fan of the show and used to watch it with her grandmother. It's always a bit comforting when a new host comes along that is actually familiar with the show she'll be hosting. Shepherd goes on to mention that she'd like to host a game in which her co-stars from The View appear as contestants. I'll bet GSN is already setting that one in motion as we speak.

The Newlywed Game kicks off season four on November 1st at 6pm Eastern.

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

October 28, 2010 at 8:34 pm
(1) DJ says:

Yet another reason my tv hasn’t beenon GSN in months. Somebody thinks this is good programming.

October 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm
(2) Wayne says:

I’ll wait to see HOW it is done to pass judgement.

If this turns into late 90s Match Game where every other word is a euphemism for boobs, butt, penis or balls, it will get real stale real fast; but if Sheri can hold the show anything like Eubanks did, all will be good again.

This show needs a good balance between interesting writing, and a great host who can get the most out of the contestants. I’ve felt with this version the writing was almost there, but the hosting was completely lacking.

October 30, 2010 at 12:17 pm
(3) Earl says:

I will wait to pass judgement after I see a few episodes, but I think right now anyone will be better than Carnie. I couldn’t stand all of her dumb, stupid laughs.

November 3, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(4) wanda says:

briing back Carnie Wilson. did not like the questions she asked,but liked her so watched. can’t stand Sheri, nothing but filth and will not watch it again.

November 4, 2010 at 6:07 pm
(5) Jan Madsen says:

Please get Carnie Wilson back as hostess of the Newlywed Game. She was terrific!

November 7, 2010 at 9:26 pm
(6) Wayne says:

I finally managed to watch a few episodes, and this is MUCH BETTER!

September 24, 2011 at 11:17 am
(7) ladonya says:

I agree. I was a fan of Carnie,however Sherri is MUCH BETTER

November 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm
(8) Julia Martin says:

I agree, bring back Carnie Wilson. Sherri Shepherd is no gameshow hostess. She is crass, lacks charisma and compassion. Carrnie Wilson is warm with lots of charisma and is very compassionate. Thumbs up for Carnie. Get the trash off the Newly Wed game…Get Carnie back.

November 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm
(9) Em says:

Carnie was great! I loved her sly looks and her wit. Sherri can go jump in a lake. Never liked her on View and not interesting on Newlyweds.
I hope GSN realizes their mess up and bring Carnie back.

As far as the writing…since when did game show hosts write their own scripts?

January 10, 2011 at 7:18 pm
(10) Karen says:

Well I watched the episode tonight and could not get over how GREAT Sherri looked!!! I hardly rmember what the contestants were saying because I was so distracted by the host. The brown dress was gorgeous, the way you are wearing your hair…no, Sherri is not my lesbian fantasy…just one plus sized woman to another…I don’t know what you’re doin’ girl but keep doing it!

March 6, 2011 at 4:22 pm
(11) Nadia says:

I think Sheri is GREAT on the show. She has a qucik wit and seems very natural.

May 5, 2011 at 8:07 am
(12) Barbara Ann maki says:

The questions on the newlywed game are nasty what happened to the bob ubank days I thought that show was a family show I can see if it was on late at night…..

August 6, 2011 at 4:27 pm
(13) Kat says:

Sherri Shepherd is a terrible MC. Definitely need a new one.

March 22, 2012 at 9:51 pm
(14) Mazelle says:

SHERI IS GOOD HOWEVER THE QUESTIONS ARE GETTING A BIT TOO PERSONAL. WHAT HAPPENS IN A BEDROOM SHOULD STAY IN THE BEDROOM. I WANT MY DAUGHTER ON BUT SHE WOULD NOT COME – SHE WOULD WALK OFF WITH THOSE TYPE QUESTIONS

June 25, 2012 at 3:25 pm
(15) Lynda says:

SHERRI IS THE BEST. I NEED MY FIX DAILY. I RECORD THEM ALL. LMAO. LOVE,LOVE, LOVE THE SHOE. BIG FAN LYNDA

August 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm
(16) Lareatha Payne says:

A group of breast cancer survivors from Sisters Network of Central New Jersey were present at the taping of the Newlywed Show on Wednesday, August, 1st and we had an absolute wonderful, funfilled experience. I wish to personally thank Sherri and her entire team for treating us like royalty. All of the show’s staff members were friendly and very down to earth – the show was funny and Sherri was just the best. The coordinator of the group trip, Francine Charles had just eulogized her husband on Monday, July 30th. She did not cancel the trip as not to disappoint the group. Sherri took valuable time to take pictures with the group and a special picture with Francine. Thank you Sherri for making Francine and all of us feel special – we are fans forever
Sisterly, Lareatha Payne – Sisters Network of Central New Jersey.

September 30, 2012 at 10:14 pm
(17) Reggie says:

me and my wife jus got marroed and would like to be apart of the show ,what do we have to do…….

January 2, 2014 at 11:32 am
(18) Pamela Arning says:

I am not a prude, either, but I think the questions asked by Sherri Shepherd have to be so vulgar and sex-related all the time. I think there would be more substance to a marriage than when being asked about the wife’s ‘southern region’, about penis size, and other unnecessary questions. With Sherri making it know that she was ‘waiting until marriage’ to consummate her marriage, I am actually surprised she would host a show with this lack of substance.