1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

GSN's 1 vs. 100 - New Host, Game Details

By October 8, 2010

GSN has announced the host of their upcoming version of 1 vs. 100: Carrie Ann Inaba, one of the judges from Dancing With the Stars. She's outspoken but always professional on DWTS, and I think this show might be a good match for her.

We've also got some more details about the game itself. The top prize will be $50,000 and the complete money ladder looks like this (with the first count being the number of mob members eliminated):
  • 100 $50,000
  • 90 - 99 $25,000
  • 80 - 89 $10,000
  • 70 - 79 $5,000
  • 60 - 69 $2,500
  • 50 - 59 $2,000
  • 40 - 49 $1,500
  • 30 - 39 $1,000
  • 20 - 29 $750
  • 10 - 19 $500
  • 0 - 9 $0
Contestants cannot choose to walk away until at least 40 mob members have been eliminated. When both helps are used up and 80 mob members eliminated, contestants will get the standard "sneak peek" at each question before choosing whether or not to attempt an answer.

There are two helps in the game, Trust the Mob and Poll the Mob, which work the same way as they did in prime time. Speaking of the mob, almost all of them will be pre-recorded and added to the game digitally, with a handful of them actually live and interacting with the contestants. You'll see some familiar faces too, as million-dollar winner Jason Luna and fan favorite Sister Rose will both be in the mob. Mob members will rotate throughout the series, each getting multiple chances to win some cash.

The game seems to be a lot like its NBC counterpart, except for the digital mob of course. Former 1 vs. 100 writer Aaron Solomon (who has worked on numerous game shows) is on board as an executive producer for this version, so the show's in good hands. Expect the tricky but fun two-step questions to make a comeback, as well as mob members in costume. Overall it sounds like GSN is moving in a good direction here.

1 vs. 100 will premiere on GSN on November 15th 2010, at 7pm Eastern.

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

October 8, 2010 at 12:42 pm
(1) BMSprint says:

The only thing that irritates me is the lack of the walk away option means that winning up to $1,500 doesn’t actually amount to anything for the one contestant, they’re not actually winning any money. Why react to a “prize” you can’t keep? And why can’t 10 grand be $12,500?

October 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm
(2) Jason S. says:

mmm, GSN certainly isn’t the network I was hoping would revive this show… I can see how little money they’ll actually be realistically giving away. It would have been nice if this was picked up in syndication; but otherwise I’m still happy to see it back, Doesn’t it seem weird to anyone that defeating almost 90% (89) of the mob only get’s you 10k?

October 9, 2010 at 1:39 am
(3) Vincent W. says:

It’s wierder in Indonesia: you cannot walk away. And the top prize is only Rp100.000.000 (around $11k)

October 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm
(4) BMSprint says:

I usually hate to offer “ideas,” but this time I can’t resist. What I might have done is changed the helps to three dodges, but you don’t lose any money—it’s just that mob members who get a dodged question wrong get to keep playing. The reason I would do that is because you wouldn’t have to ask the “money or the mob” question until all dodges had been used, which would keep the game going quickly which is what I guess they want when they have the no-walk-away-until-$1,500 rule.

November 12, 2010 at 11:26 am
(5) Bob says:

This sounds terrible. I guess they’re banking on people tuning it for Carrie Ann

November 15, 2010 at 8:41 pm
(6) TW says:

The low top prize, the prize structure and especially the video mob make this retread a bust. Bring back the live mob, make the prize pyramid more interesting and resurrect Bob Saget and I’ll become a regular viewer. Otherwise, the reruns are more compelling.

November 15, 2010 at 10:36 pm
(7) Nicole Gourret says:

The new game sucks! The hostess is dressed like a &#! and the webcams are a very bas idea, no more life and fun in this game. The only question is “what colour is her underware”?

November 16, 2010 at 10:30 pm
(8) db says:

This new 1 vs 100 really sucks. The prize money sucks, the format sucks, the mob sucks. This show sucks sooo bad that I can’t even stand to watch it anymore.

November 17, 2010 at 2:34 pm
(9) georg says:

You have taken another stingy, stupid move, just like Deal or no Deal. The prize money is an insult. Just as Deal or No Deal, even with Carrie Ann, it is hardly worth watching.

November 17, 2010 at 6:30 pm
(10) lou g says:

They killed that show. It is unwatchable. The prize money sucks and mostly unattainable. Almost as bad as Catch 21.

November 17, 2010 at 10:18 pm
(11) Hm... says:

I’m a games how junkie and I love(d) 1 vs 100 but now it’s unwatchable. The $ that can be won is ridiculous in eliminating 100 people. If the mob wins the contestant’s money, they haven’t really won anything. From what I’ve seen this premiere week, the mob is making $100 approx. and after taxes… Yep, I’ll run out an want to be a mob member on this show.

November 17, 2010 at 10:24 pm
(12) Hm... says:

Okay, 1 vs 100 is on now and Carrie Ann looks like a down right sleazy. I try not to down other women but she looks trampy.

February 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm
(13) Jo says:

I agree with you hold-harderly. One wonders if she has ever looked at herself from the side??? With the stomach protruding and the tight-fitting clothes – very disgusting. Maybe she should dress her age. I sure would rather look at her in some nice fitting outfits.

July 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm
(14) Silksoul says:

you mean whole – heartedly, but I agree also. I’d be embarrassed if I was her man. Someone should love her enough to be honest.

November 18, 2010 at 11:56 am
(15) BMSprint says:

I wonder why it seems like all of the past 6 comments seem to be almost exactly the same…

November 18, 2010 at 6:41 pm
(16) 1 vs rest of the world says:

if you are changing something that its good its to make it better rite? everithing in the new show is worst than the original worst rules, worst prizes, worst host and whats up with the new mob it totally sucks, do they run out of money or what??

November 19, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(17) Diana says:

Carrie does dress like a hooker. Is this the scam way to get people to watch the show. I like the show but if she continues to show off her fat butt & keep pulling her dress down I will have to watch something else. Did she make the decision to dress this crappy way? Makes us women feel like we can’t make it unless we show our assss off. Really why is she dressed so sleasy?

November 20, 2010 at 1:50 pm
(18) DDM says:

I was disappointed with the new format. I agree with the way Carrie Ann is dressed. Surely this wasn’t HER idea..
I HATE the new mob! I tried to watch it a few times, but is truely hard to watch. Too many other things to watch if they keep this format!

November 23, 2010 at 10:11 pm
(19) NoMoBAMA says:

Who cares how she dresses, (other than she doesn’t have the body for the clothes) she just sucks, she can’t speak well and has no business doing anything that involves talking. The guy from Catch 21 has finally been replaced as the worst game show host of all time. And why do they mention her name every 5 minutes? They say it like she’s the most well known bimbo on the planet, I never even heard of her.

November 28, 2010 at 11:31 am
(20) Samantha says:

The new 1vs100 is horrible. I loved the old version which I now see were just reruns. Not only is the webcam mob a HORRIBLE thing but the girls ‘energy’ feels completely fake. It feels like she hates her job and just wants to finish the episode. I don’t watch it anymore, its too crap to stand.

November 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm
(21) missi says:

HATE THE MOB PLATFORM ALL YOU SEE IS CAMERA ON PEOPLE AND THE MONEY WINNING’S IS ALFUL. I AM SORRY I WANT BOB SAGET BACK HE IS FUNNY AND ASKS PEOPLE ABOUT THEM AND GETS TO KNOW THEM.. PLEASE BRING BACK OLD 1VS 100… LISTEN TO US…

November 29, 2010 at 6:08 pm
(22) Terry says:

I have the new version, everything about it is cheap. I do not like Carrie Ann AT ALL. My family is very disappointed at the new version. I would be embrassed if I was the producer, from 1 million dollar prize to $50,000.00! It is a joke, we switch the channel when it comes on. Go back to the old version and get a good host!

November 29, 2010 at 6:21 pm
(23) terry says:

Just a correction:

I hate the new version, not have it! You couldn’t pay me to watch this cheap version. Why do they change something when it was very enjoyable. GSN needs to dump the host on Catch 21, he wants to show off his dancing skills too much while holding on to his little crotch! Deal or No Deal is a joke with the 1/2 hour version. Howie deserves more respect that this. He worked hard to make Deal or No Deal a success. I will say we do enjoy Sherry on The Newly Wed Game & we love Baggage. So, there’s not much we do watch on GSN now.

November 29, 2010 at 7:51 pm
(24) lacey says:

Very disappointed in new show – The pictures of the mob are blurred (the old show was much more creative!!) Money wise is very cheap. Go with the old not the new 1.

November 29, 2010 at 8:32 pm
(25) Kimmael says:

I loved “1 vs 100″ hosted by Bob Saget. The format was great, the on stage mob was exciting, and the top prize of $1,000, 000 was challenging. The new format with Carrie Ann Innaba is boring, the webcam mob is boring, and the top prize of $50,000 is insulting. I do not like the new format and will not be watching this game show again, unless Bob Saget comes back. I love Bob’s dry wit and his rapport with the contestants.

November 29, 2010 at 8:32 pm
(26) Kimmael says:

November 29, 2010 at 10:08 pm
(27) Ladybug says:

Carrie is so fake. I wish they would bring back the live mob. Perhaps Carrie can be one of the contestants so she can buy some clothes that fit.

November 29, 2010 at 10:19 pm
(28) ab says:

I totally agree with most of the comments. Bob Sagget was head over heels better than Carrie Ann – who is absolutely ridiculous – and her dress is insane! And the mob “views” is really less than satisfactory. I watched the program because Bob has such a great sense of humor. Carrie Ann has nothing. Yuch.

November 30, 2010 at 8:50 pm
(29) Livingstone says:

My philosophy has always been, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” I guess the 1 vs 100 powers-to-be never heard that. But they broke it by replacing Bob Saget with the fat, tastelessly dressed Carrie Ann. Whoever dresses her didn’t take into consideration her fat arms, fat stomach, fat butt, and fat legs. I can’t imagine her ever dancing. She has no personality nor rapport with contestants. It’s a shame that a good show has gone bad.

December 1, 2010 at 7:49 pm
(30) Tim Frankenfield says:

Wow! You have ruined two great game shows. 1 vs 100, how
cheap. the top prize went from 1,000,000 to 50,000, and replacing real people with monitors, get real. Who ever came up with these brilliant changes needs to find a new line of work. Deal or no Deal also went the cheap skate route by cutting the top prize in half.

December 4, 2010 at 1:40 am
(31) Shelbi says:

The questions on this show are SUPER easy. How do you become a contestant? I could beat out 100 people no problem with this format.

December 4, 2010 at 4:52 pm
(32) sunflower says:

I agree with everything said . I used to love the show. Bob Saget was very good and had a great rapport with the audience, contestants and of course the MOB. I was shocked, to say the least, to see the wardrobe choices of Carrie Ann. Her audience and contestant and mob skills are fake and it seems she is always searching for a word or something clever to say. Please , Please, bring back Bob and the old format with the live on stage mob. Get Carrie Ann a pair of shorts or long pants to but on under what she considers a skirt. YLCH! I will not be tuning in to this mess. sorry!

December 5, 2010 at 6:24 am
(33) Pat Casale says:

I didn’t like Carrie Ann in the begining because Bob Saget is a tough act to replace. I like her now, but the show is not as good. No one will ever win $50K because the questions are STUPID. It’s not very exciting watching someone win an occastional $2500.

December 6, 2010 at 11:45 pm
(34) annieroonie says:

I agree with all above comments – the new version really sucks – I like Carrie Ann but not on this show – bring back the old version and can the new one

December 7, 2010 at 5:50 pm
(35) gametime says:

I hated Saget…he could care less about the show. Inaba seems genuinely excited for contestants. And she’s easy on the eyes. As for the $$ – i wish they’d up that so that i’d care more. That said, i still watch 1v100 when i get bored with Jeopardy.

December 7, 2010 at 8:48 pm
(36) SERICM says:

Carrie Ann looks good! Also it’s not her fault the format is what it is, how many people would turn down a chance to host a game show? Also GSN wouldn’t have the resources a network program would have money wise.

As for the Deal or No Deal this is not a GSN original so don’t knock Howie. This was an NBC network show and are re-runs.

December 9, 2010 at 9:33 pm
(37) sHELLEY says:

we used to watch the show every night while we ate our dinner, we sure don’t now. Don’t like the format and I sure don’t like Carrie ann(dresses trampy)

December 15, 2010 at 4:49 pm
(38) JimBob says:

yeah i don’t really care how she dresses. she is a God-awful host. she can’t get the inflection right, she doesn’t say anything interesting, she fails to capture the little tension that comes with risking $500 to go on. she’s just feeble as a host.

December 18, 2010 at 12:52 pm
(39) Ali says:

This game is so boring compared to the original game which never should have gone off the air. The prize level is so low that you find yourself not caring whether they win or lose. The suspense level is zilch and the interaction with the mob is also boring. What a disappointment!

December 18, 2010 at 3:37 pm
(40) Ma Mary says:

Since everything is cut in half, call it 1 vs.50. Up the anti.
Bring back the live people and fire the person who dresses
Carrie. I loved the old version.

December 20, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(41) Ashley says:

I really cannot stand the new 1 vs. 100.
What’s the point in having a digital mob? The personal connection and feeling of a real competition has been eliminated. Who wants to argue with a screen of tiny little faces? The energy on the show has gone to shit, and while Bob Saget may have seemed quite indifferent, about the contestant the live mob surely made up for it.
Overall I wish they hadn’t changed it, but now that they have I just won’t be watching.

It’s a shame, 1 vs. 100 was my favourite game show fer sure.

December 20, 2010 at 10:29 pm
(42) wayne Mathis says:

This game will not last very long

January 2, 2011 at 5:21 pm
(43) Chyna says:

Carrie Ann has made a mockery of the show. She dresses awful n look very cheap!! Bring back the old version of the show. Uggghhh!!

January 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm
(44) Char says:

The show WAS great before they downsized the prizes. Also, somebody should tell Carrie Ann to wear more flattering clothing. She accentuates all her faults, her big butt, etc. She tries very hard but can’t seem to carry it off.

January 6, 2011 at 3:26 pm
(45) susan says:

Bob Saget was so damn good compared to her. She is FAT and boring.

January 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm
(46) Emmy says:

I can’t seem to find out how to become a contestant on this new show. I don’t see it on their website or anywhere else. Anyone know how? Thanks.

I agree with all of you who are not happy about the money situation. It’s more exciting when the stakes are higher anyway. They’ve started to do that recently but it may be only temporary.

January 22, 2011 at 5:15 pm
(47) Lauren says:

i just tried watching the new show and also cant stand the webcam mob…it looks like just a way to save money and make the show easier to put together, but it really takes all of the excitement out of it. it looks like a computer game, horrible.

January 24, 2011 at 10:24 pm
(48) Carol says:

The new show is terrible. The questions are asinine and Carrie Ann is terrible. The dresses she wears are tacky and hideous. The original show with the mob there was by far superior. Bring it back.

January 28, 2011 at 10:08 am
(49) CON says:

DRESSES WAY TO TRASHEY SHE IS PRETTY BUT NOT ON THIS SHOW .LOOKS LIKE A HOOKER INSTEAD OF SHOW HOST AND ACTS REALLY STUPID .CLOTHS WAY WAY TO TIGHT.NOT JEALOUS OF HER I AM WAY SMALLER .SHE IS VERY PRETTY BUT WHO EVER PICKS HER CLOTH HAS TASTE FO S—

January 29, 2011 at 1:07 pm
(50) bob says:

Why are there already reruns for 1 vs 100?

February 1, 2011 at 10:35 pm
(51) Carol Atherton says:

I just had to write. You had a great show with Bob Saget that could have rivalled Jeopardy. However, you have now cheapened it beyond belief! You dont have the live ‘mob’, you dress the beautiful new host like a tart, and the money levels suck. You could at least have some plateau whereby the contestant gets to keep at least $2ooo.!! It has become very sad indeed.

February 5, 2011 at 11:08 am
(52) Wooster says:

I throughly agree with all the negative comments. A so-so game show is now a terrible game with a hostess who likes to show off.

February 8, 2011 at 7:09 pm
(53) Dee says:

Who is dressing Carrie Ann she has too much tummy and is too large for the clothes she is wearing. She leaves nothing to the imagination I know people can see under those dresses she has on. Please get a new host, she adds nothing to the show.

February 11, 2011 at 10:17 pm
(54) Jason says:

I am with you guys. Carrie Ann is the worst game show host. Bob Saget was much better. Questions on this show are easy too. They must have some pretty stupid people in the mob.

February 11, 2011 at 11:02 pm
(55) Renate says:

Carrie Ann, why would you pour youself into those tight fitting outfits?
I am embarrassed for you. The stomach is sticking out, the skirts are way too short and never mind the backside and the cleavage.
You have a great personality, so why do you have to look like a hooker?

I also feel that the measly 50,000.00 goal is unachievable.

Has anyone ever won?

I am also having trouble understanding the questions the first time around and the writing is too far away to read.
She does not repeat the question for the viewers.

No wonder the mob has to be online, they couldn’t afford the bus ride to the studio with the thrifty winnings.

It is time to rewamp the show, reach into your wallet and give Carrie Ann some stylish clothes that fit, rewamp the questions, raise the jackpot and bring the mob back to the studio.
If not the show will head to gloom and doom

February 13, 2011 at 3:31 pm
(56) frenchlady says:

I agree with everyone about the clothes that Carrie Ann wears on this show. She is really degrading herself. It’s made me rethink about her opinions of the dancers on DWTS. I just hope that she is not picking out these clothes herself, and that she has to wear them. She should watch the show herself she’d see (I HOPE) what everyone is talking about.

February 13, 2011 at 9:37 pm
(57) Ezra says:

To those who say Carrie Ann is fat – you’re full of @#$% She’s of average weight; take your heads out of the magazines full of undernourished anorexics and you’ll see that.

That being said, she is a crappy host and she does dress like a tramp. New 1 vs 100 sucks – just like it’s parent station.

February 20, 2011 at 2:08 am
(58) ugh says:

UGH! Carrie Ann, is it you or your stylist that just can’t see or admit that your clothes are too tight? You’ve got rolls and bumps showing in all the wrong places!

March 5, 2011 at 5:07 pm
(59) Az says:

OMG watching this today – this chick’s fat ass and stomach are poured into that dress. Wow, could she show any more fat?