1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

Deal or No Deal Cancelled

By February 8, 2010

I'm sure this news won't surprise many of you, since there have been rumblings about Deal or No Deal being on its last legs for a while now. This morning I got an e-mail saying that it was officially canceled, but wasn't able to confirm it until now. Broadcasting & Cable has an interesting piece on NBC shaking up their daytime offerings, and Deal getting the axe is mentioned as almost an aside.

While we've hashed out the pros and cons of Deal or No Deal's format, both past and present, I think what it comes down to is this: everyone wants to play, but few are actually tuning in to watch. I know I've said this before, but it seems to be the case. The game just lacks a long-term hook to continue to bring in viewers, even though there are hordes of potential contestants just dying to be on the show.

It's a shame really, because Deal had so much promise when it first started out in prime time. Hard to believe that was five years ago.

Photo courtesy NBC

Comments

February 8, 2010 at 5:20 pm
(1) Jason S. says:

Wait, maybe I’m just dumb but the syndicated edition of Deal or No Deal is getting canceled? Or is this just NBC finally officially canceling the prime time version.

February 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm
(2) Carrie says:

Yep, the syndicated version is done when this season finishes airing.

February 8, 2010 at 5:46 pm
(3) Jason S. says:

NOOOOO!!!! ugh, now I really, really regret not standing in line for 8 hours in the hot sun to audition. They say the biggest regrets are missed opportunities. I’m so mad at myself.

Why can’t people just suck it up and watch a really repetitive, often boring game show :P

February 8, 2010 at 5:46 pm
(4) Julia says:

Well…I’m not surprised at all…

What I am surprised about is this irony…Just look at the advertisement on the right.

The game is still big business online, I suppose.

February 8, 2010 at 5:57 pm
(5) Jason S. says:

I noticed that too Julia, I actually do enjoy playing Deal or No Deal online when there’s something at stake, like on GSN.com, I just really don’t enjoy watching it very much. I really hope NBC and it’s affiliates don’t COMPLETELY abandon the show. I still think it has potential to be great for event programing like a once yearly New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving or even Valentine’s Day episode. I feel it would be smart of NBC to at least order ten Prime Time episodes just in case one of their scripted Prime Time shows fail and they need to quickly replace it until they can come up with something else. I actually do enjoy watching the show but never every day and usually not every week either.

February 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm
(6) Carrie says:

I would expect the online and console/PC games to continue – they’ve been popular. The 1 vs. 100 games are still big, so I don’t see any reason DOND games would stop. Plus, it’s still airing new episodes daily until the end of the current season.

I hope we see the show as event programming too, Jason. It could work well, as long as they give it a break for a while first.

February 8, 2010 at 7:54 pm
(7) Myke25 says:

Well…I can’t say I’m sorry to see it go. It had gotten pretty redundant.
I still contend that if NBC hadn’t gone all “Millionaire” on it, it might have lived longer in prime time. Networks just can’t fight the temptation to milk the cow dry.

But hey…all popular game shows come back around eventually. How many game shows are on TV right now that are truly original and not a remake? Not very many…could probably count them on one hand. Deal will be back again after a reasonable nap…maybe on a network daytime schedule.

February 8, 2010 at 8:23 pm
(8) andrew b says:

Why am I not surprised? This is now the fourth game show whose failure I predicted far in advance – unpopularly to say the least, but correctly. (Primetime Deal, 5th Grader, Genius and this.) Millionaire isn’t gone, but it’s a shell of itself, which is pretty much equivalent; I’d predicted Ken Basin from the moment the clock came through, which should say something about the show’s quality right now.

I hope Kathy Greco can do something to avoid The Price is Right being number five…she has seemed unwilling to accept the facts, despite my perfect record at this venture that nobody should be able to predict with any degree of accuracy.

February 8, 2010 at 8:39 pm
(9) Wayne says:

Something to keep in mind when it comes to game shows–two years is a long run, more than that is rare. This can be said of scripted shows as well, but with game shows, not too many have more than two seasons.

Yes, us true fans can easily name 15-20 game shows that have had 3 or more seasons, but the reality is two seasons is a good run, and a very rare feat in syndication.

If DOND will be back ultimately will depend on Endomol and their willingness (do you see this anyone from Freemantle, WILLINGNESS) to make a few bucks instead of having their properties gather dust.

I have to admit I was wrong about this show, it did have legs. One time my Tartikoffian abilities failed me.

February 8, 2010 at 9:20 pm
(10) andrew b says:

What’s more important is that I know WHY a show will fail, which is far more telling than simply when a show will fail.

Genius failed for the exact reasons I’d predicted: the show was way too hard, which is why they rigged it. If a show has to be rigged just to make it viable television, it probably wasn’t viable to begin with.

February 9, 2010 at 8:21 am
(11) Myke25 says:

andrew b-
Oh omnipotent one-
If only TPTB of every show would consult with you before shows went to pilot to see if development is even worth the effort! Maybe we could have been spared 35 years of Wheel of Fortune!

Get over yourself.

February 9, 2010 at 9:03 am
(12) Carrie says:

Andrew, Our Little Genius was pulled & delayed, not canceled. And 5th Grader is still on.

As far as Deal or No Deal goes, one only had to look at the decline in ratings to “predict” it wouldn’t last too long.

I’m not sure I agree 100% with what Wayne said about two years being a long time, but I get the gist of it. The problem with a lot of the newer daytime game shows is that they come across as half-assed (Temptation, anyone?), or they lack a real hook to keep people interested. LMAD is working because CBS put some effort into casting, worked closely with Monty Hall, and chose a proven format.

And hey Myke, I *like* Wheel of Fortune! ;-)

February 9, 2010 at 9:42 am
(13) Myke25 says:

I do too, Carrie. It just made the joke work better!
;-)

February 9, 2010 at 10:03 am
(14) andrew b says:

I said Genius would fail. It did so, miserably: the show has received the 21 curse only as a supplement to its deep controversy over child exploitation. The show is as good as dead.

I can predict it will end up physically dying for these reasons as well: either nobody goes past $100,000 (as they should) and the ratings tank, or when the higher questions finally turn up, neglect accusations force Genius off the air. I’ve already proven that going for $500,000, and perhaps for any of the last four questions, is equivalent to neglect.

The primetime 5th Grader (the one I mentioned) was obviously going down because of stunts like the fake $1,000,000 winner: the announcer explicitly says a contestant will get the $1,000,000 question right, but he only does so just for kicks after losing at $2,000. Did anybody really think that wouldn’t tick off everyone who saw it?

Maybe Deal was going to fail all by itself, but even with the best ratings, I would still be able to tell it was going down: one of the most tell-tale signs of failure had been going on for an entire year. If I can see large portions of the future of an episode, or the show as a whole, it’s dead.

Thanksgiving 2008 (“record-setting” $1.1M offer) wasn’t close to fooling me – I immediately knew the offer would actually be in the playout, where it was only tied for third-largest offer.

This was a bold-faced lie from a show that had just professed their mistakes. That’s a more telling sign of the End Times than if only 34 people are watching the show. It doesn’t take someone with my experience to catch that one.

February 9, 2010 at 5:11 pm
(15) Myke25 says:

(sigh.)
Predicting a game show’s demise is like predicting that you are going to die. You’re going to be right eventually.

I’ll leave it at that out of respect for Carrie.

February 9, 2010 at 7:06 pm
(16) andrew b says:

I said I was right all the time, not just once. Predicting this for only one show out of a slew of them is easy for anybody. To be consistently right is another matter.

February 9, 2010 at 7:23 pm
(17) Jonathan says:

D.O.N.D. is officially D.O.N.E. I am not surprised at all.

February 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm
(18) Myke25 says:
February 9, 2010 at 11:45 pm
(19) Myke25 says:

yawn.

February 10, 2010 at 2:20 am
(20) H says:

I think Deal or no Deal needs to stay on the air

February 10, 2010 at 3:05 pm
(21) Joseph says:

I think NBC should revive prime-time “Deal or No deal” for the Fall and put it on……….Saturday nights at 8 P.M. (Eastern/Pacific)!

Against weak competition, the show could be a huge hit.

And with the show taping in Waterford, Connecticut (near New London), production costs will be much lower than in Hollywood (or even New York City), even with the $1 million top prize and 26 models.

February 10, 2010 at 3:14 pm
(22) Brandon says:

The fact that someone got the million dollar question wrong doesn’t mean that the quality of Millionaire is lower than it used to be. As much as I don’t like the current rules, I still enjoy it more than I enjoyed watching the show originally because it was just TOO easy. I was 9 and new a million dollar answer once.

February 10, 2010 at 4:04 pm
(23) MARK SURDAM says:

Scott St. John is the man to blame for the decline of DOND! NBC hould bring back the prime time show and hire a new producer to bring in some new ideas!

February 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm
(24) Myke25 says:

Joseph-
While I share your wish that the networks would try some game shows on Saturday nights, as long as it’s more cost-effective for them to air drama repeats, it likely won’t happen.
The only groups that would make a traditional game show a “huge hit” are the older demos. They didn’t save Password…and it often won it’s Sunday night time slot. The 18-34s weren’t there. That makes a Saturday night game show a hard sell to any advertisers who don’t make scooters and adult diapers.
I’m not saying that a really good show can’t break through…it’s just going to be difficult.

February 11, 2010 at 2:49 pm
(25) andrew b says:

Brandon: It’s because I could predict Ken a full year in advance, not just because it happened, that makes Millionaire less relevant than ever. There was no way to predict these kinds of things before.

February 11, 2010 at 9:19 pm
(26) BMSprint says:

I think it’s lucky that that happened for you. Lucky just because they found someone dumb enough to go for it. You can’t blame it on the time, he had a minute left. It was just a stupid move to risk it.

February 12, 2010 at 9:44 am
(27) Myke25 says:

Andrew.
Dude.
Fine. You called it. Congratulations.
Don’t break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.
Still not impressed, but feel free to bask in your self-bestowed glory.

February 14, 2010 at 1:54 pm
(28) Nostradamus says:

I predicted all these game shows would end before andrew b did. He’s a fraud.

February 15, 2010 at 10:04 pm
(29) andrew b says:

Still not convinced? Using only the data that the Valentine’s Day episode of Price was a perfecto, I could tell something awful was going to happen on the next show without even turning it on.

Lo and behold, the audience actually boos Plinko after seeing the first contestant in its 27-year history to win absolutely nothing.

Hello? Wake up, Myke. I’m so far ahead of everyone here that you couldn’t catch me if I went brain-dead right now.

February 15, 2010 at 11:35 pm
(30) Carrie says:

Whoever posted the Nostradamus thing, thanks for the laugh.

February 17, 2010 at 4:53 pm
(31) jansuch says:

“It’s because I could predict Ken a full year in advance”

It took a full year for your prediction to come true? Why so long? That doesn’t sound very skillful or knowledgeable to me.

February 22, 2010 at 7:40 am
(32) Mary says:

I have to say – I never knew the show moved to day time until the past 6 months while I was off of work. They messed with the show! That is why it is bombing. Once a week was enough. And the bankers offers are way off now. They aren’t nearly as good as they used to be. And once the contestant takes a deal, the “pretend” deals are way over predicted. The dealer NEVER would have offered that if it had still been the game.

March 8, 2010 at 5:14 pm
(33) Deb says:

I thought the show was sad and a bit warped. It depressed me to see contestants turn down $100,000; $250,000, etc., and feel great about it! Truly, if the contestants have no regard for money, they can hit the button, say “Deal”, and then send me the check!

March 9, 2010 at 12:28 pm
(34) kimberly s. allen says:

please keep on nbc prime time

March 15, 2010 at 2:44 pm
(35) Michael says:

You can watch reruns of DOND on GSN ad nauseum. I believe it airs 4 times between 1 p.m. and 12 midnight (that’s 4 out of 11 hours), and endlessly over the weekend. zzzzzzzz This is the main reason I don’t automatically click GSN immediately anymore.

March 16, 2010 at 5:42 pm
(36) nancy says:

I have watched DOND since day one, and am happy to admit I didn’t expect it to be a hit. I didn’t realize it was such a big deal worldwide and those don’t always translate anyways. Well, anyhow, I didn’t like how they had to go out of their way to FINALLY have somebody get the MILLION by having a dozen or so $1,ooo,ooo suitcases. They thought everyone was getting frustrated, but ACTUALLY, once somebody wins the BIG PRIZE, the excitement factor starts going down and the show has, ‘JUMPED THE SHARK’, as they say. After JOHN CARPENTER ‘WWTBAM’ was biding it’s time. (the celeb shows injured it too.) NOW, the syndicated show having only a HALF MILLION dollar prize makes people get TOO LOW offers and they leave with only a couple thou too often, ya feel sorry for them. People also missed the MODELS of course, seeing 25 gals gave guys a ‘simply irresistable’ thing to admire. But anyways, I grew to like the contestants holding the suitcases thing. (a non p.c. family member noticed that the black contestants sure had luck getting the wheel to pick them to play, when they had a 5/23 chance to get up.) But as you say, and I know I just rehashed what others said already, so here I go again, several years is all a show can hope for, as the whole deal loses it’s novelty and it’s on to ‘the next big thing’ after that much of the time. Look at AMERICAN IDOL, who hasn’t grown tired of that by now and wished it would go away?

March 20, 2010 at 7:25 am
(37) Mark.D. says:

well l’m not surprised it’s got the axe.l was on it last year hoping to get on the podium, which l would have brought laughter and humor to the audience. but ended up on the cases and won $500. but the audition people where only interested in where l’d like to go for a holiday. when you fill the form in, it said what would you with 5,000-20′,000 and 200,000. l said maybe take the kids to queensland and pay off rest of mortage . like every one else would. so l sent them a email after the show aired and told them that the wheels had fallen off the show and should relate to every day problems. like wanted to buy a house or car being off work or pay off debts..it was only a matter of time….

March 20, 2010 at 7:46 am
(38) Mark . D. says:

The only way to bring back this show is with a new game show announcer (like my self ) and a new format, like my previous comment.out with the old , in with the new. to the producer of the show , don’t hesitate to call me..

March 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(39) Greta Holt says:

I do not know why it is being cancelled because personally I like the show. Howie is a nice looking hst with a since of humor. I watch it almost everytime I knoe that it is on. The show has mystery and keeps you wanting more. May they should try putting it on at a different time to help the ratings.

April 12, 2010 at 9:04 pm
(40) Kristina says:

now my dreams will never come true :(
how much i envy those who got to play

April 12, 2010 at 10:51 pm
(41) Adele says:

well when will it be back I would love to be on deal or n o deal

April 13, 2010 at 9:28 am
(42) clarisse flore says:

Please can you tel me wan the game we be back. Please let evrey one no. thank

April 22, 2010 at 12:02 am
(43) Mark says:

Let’s face it, Deal Or No Deal is an idiot show! The inane “reality” style format further enhances the dumb factor of the show. The overly dramatized emotions of the contestants is pathetic. Scripted, unnatural, and just plain idiotic. As for the host, Howie, he neither has the looks, personality or charisma to be a game show host. Yeah I know, finding good game show hosts nowadays is virtually impossible. If it weren’t for the scripted nonsense and childish behavior of the contestants on this show, and Howie, it might actually have so watchability. But now that this idiot show has bitten the dust I can declare some degree of satisfaction. Now if only the failing Game Show Network would stop airing Deal Or No Deal six times a day. ARRRRGH!

April 23, 2010 at 5:32 pm
(44) Sherry says:

I am really sorry that a few of you are so negative about the game show. I am one of those people who really enjoyed watching it and still do. If you don’t like the show you change the channel, like most people you don’t sit there and watch it just so you can say it won’t last. As far as Howie goes I think he did good job and is a very good host and fun to watch. Hope they do bring it back and for all of you that don’t like it watch the soaps or one of the other hundred plus channels…….

April 26, 2010 at 12:58 pm
(45) Emar 282 says:

Hi my friends,
I’m realy wondering to know how to apply for participate in the game show Deal or No Deal, GSN. I tried in many sites and I never get a good answer. Can you tell me or sugest me.. how can I get in to the that game show to play ?. Thanks to all. Keep in touch .:)

April 28, 2010 at 12:44 am
(46) Lori Hall says:

This show is so exciting for the most part, why in the world would they cancel it. Our family watches the reruns every night! ugh!!!!

May 7, 2010 at 6:21 am
(47) Jon B says:

Andrew, you’re a joke. Just shut your fat mouth.

May 7, 2010 at 3:21 pm
(48) Emar282 says:

Hi my friends,
Tell me please, please, please…
Thanks to all. Keep in touch .:)

May 12, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(49) Erika says:

Does anyone know when the season ends for them taping new shows? And do they call the people like a day before they have to meet them if they are chosen?

Thanks

May 25, 2010 at 3:27 am
(50) Jason says:

I honestly liked the show and would DVR record it when I couldnt watch. I enjoyed the bankers come backs. I always liked to see his responses. I am a people person and enjoyed watching a good person do well on the show. I sure hope it comes back and would love to be on it. I think Id do well cuz I always do well playing online.

May 28, 2010 at 10:37 am
(51) Kobra says:

Emar, I was just looking that up actually a few minutes ago. They are not currently accepting applications/auditions for Deal or No Deal. See this webpaage for more info http://gameshows.about.com/od/beacontestant/a/deal_contestant.htm and unfortuantely, the $1 million show is all reruns and then they changed it to the $500,000 show w/out the models. Personally I prefer the original show, which is what I currently record on DVR to watch on GSN 4 times/day or so. I am a huge fan of the show but not so much the remake.

June 7, 2010 at 10:40 pm
(52) verna says:

i am sorry to hear that deal or no deal has been cancel after it’s time change by the time i did try to catch on to when it came on it was to late.. i would have like to have been a contestant, as you mention alot of people wanted to play but not be enough watchers,perhaps the same thing happen to them as did me because i was a faithful watcher but obviously i miss the time change between my new move, well good luck maybe it will return in the future

June 8, 2010 at 8:04 pm
(53) cheryl says:

deal or no deal, the hr. show got on my nerves, because how could anybody come back the next time? you had an hr., you should’ve be done. the family members were irritating. i liked the half-hour show much better

June 27, 2010 at 2:56 pm
(54) michael says:

Not so sad to see the remake go,but losing the original version is yet another reason why NBC continues to struggle. They messed with a good thing,and now there most likely will never be another Deal made again. This show was probably the best game show since millionaire. If I owned NBC I’d bring the original version back Saturday Nights at 8. This would top all competition that night and might even force other networks to try and make clones that are not nearly as good.

June 30, 2010 at 7:18 pm
(55) Sonia says:

well after understanding that deal or no deal is no longer recieving contestins. i thinking haveing repeats will be boring now… and my dad realy want a chance too be in deal or no deal. hopefuly theres another way too win big money. im sure wants the producers realize how much money they will be looseing they will bring it back, people where even paying there way in.

July 4, 2010 at 2:24 pm
(56) Dee says:

I can hardly believe that Deal-or-No Deal is not watched enought. I believe that the problem was that other show were not being watched because of Deal-or-No Deal. If NBC could share the show with the cable viewers, it would have been watched even more.

Deal-or No Deal was my favorite game show and it was the best thing NBC had going for them. They were stupid to remove it because of what the ratings showed. They forgot to factor in that most people have cable which completes with their ability to get cable shows.

July 8, 2010 at 5:33 pm
(57) michael says:

Is there a way that we can start a petition and send it to NBC to try and convince them to rethink this terrible decision of taking this show off the air.

July 10, 2010 at 12:10 am
(58) Anne says:

This crap-assed show had to be rigged…not a soul on earth is stupid enough to turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars and then wind up with a few bucks…my dumb-assed husband laps up old Howie and the ladies…it makes me want to take a hammer to the TV set. Greed on Display should have been the name of this rotten garbage.

July 20, 2010 at 9:07 am
(59) Janice says:

The Deal Or No Deal game should stay on tv for it is clean fun entertainment which there needs to be more of on tv for their is just to much violence and drama on tv we need to keep shows like deal or no deal I watch it daily and play it on my pc I would love to be chose as a contestant but even if I dont I have it on one of my favorite shows their isnt enough cleancut non violence shows on thats one thing wrong with this society

July 28, 2010 at 9:38 pm
(60) Shirley McCoy says:

I am so sorry this show is cancelled. I just got my request in in March and too bad I can’t be on that show. I love Howie and those girls. The show seem so exciting.

August 20, 2010 at 5:07 pm
(61) Robert says:

Are you kidding me so it wont be airing at all??? i love this show i find it so exciting everytime if anyone has any info that could help me still some how watch this amazing show please contact mel before i cry hero508@tmail.com thank you i wont be on this site so contact my adress instead of just anwsering me thru another comment

September 9, 2010 at 3:28 pm
(62) lyn says:

This show was amazing and I as well as many others, are sad to see it go. It amazes me the great shows they cancel and then the lame ones they replace it with.

September 11, 2010 at 11:09 am
(63) Linda says:

Ditto to everything lyn said. I couldn’t have said it better. Bring back “Deal or No Deal”! Bring back “Deal Or No Deal”!

October 26, 2010 at 9:01 am
(64) tina says:

I love this show!! howie is funny, the models are beautiful and its the best game show on TV!! hard to believe no one watches it!! hope they reconsider, or i will be happy watching reruns, i guess.

November 27, 2010 at 10:55 pm
(65) Brian in Michigan says:

My 21 year old daughter, a college student on the dean’s list and my 90 year old mother who many top corporate execs thought she is the most intellgent woman they ever met as well as myself who at 52 working in the area of finance, enjoyed the show very much. Loved seeing all the reactions of the contestants as well as hearing Howie tell what the banker told him on the phone was funny and very entertaining. Friends I talk with who did not watch it did not know when it was on. Now on reruns they too love it and wished they would have watched it earlier when it was in production. THis game show has what it takes to make a strong comeback so hopefully if NBC does not haver control of it, another broadcasting company would not make the same mistake. Look what NBC did with late night with Jay Leno. It took 20/20 vision after the fact for NBC to finally have their morning cup of coffee and get awake. Easy to look at history and NBC does not have enough sense to come out of the rain when it counts. Deal or no deal is among the top three game shows ever!

November 28, 2010 at 12:22 am
(66) Linda says:

To Brian in Michigan post, I give 2 Thumbs Up !!!
Again I say “I couldn’t have said it better”.
“Bring back “Deal or No Deal”
“Bring back “Deal Or No Deal”

December 20, 2010 at 11:37 am
(67) Linda says:

Wake Up NBC and smell the stink you made taking “Deal Or No Deal” away!!! It was one of your BIGGEST accomplishments. This is a show that is absolutely loved and enjoyed. What were you thinking? I refuse to talk about the DOND show in past tense, because I believe the show is just taking a nap. Come on NBC don’t mess up your streak of having a great line up of shows. Wake “Deal Or No Deal” up from it’s nap, and get the ball, or I should say $$$$$$$ Cases rolling!!!

February 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm
(68) Mimi says:

I watch games shows more than any other type of programming, and I agree with Linda. Deal or No Deal needs to be put back on primetime. Thank goodness for GSN, which I watch more than any other network (except when I turn away from Newlywed Game and Baggage – ugh!). I’d rather watch reruns of DOND than most of the idiotic shows on other networks.

March 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm
(69) Linda says:

So many people agree that “Deal Or No Deal” is a show that is brilliant! It’s a show that allows people to decide just how far they will go for what they really need or want, and lets the viewers feel their excitment and pain they feel when they win big or go just a little to far. The audience and TV viewers have the excitment at thinking of what they would do in the same situation. One never knows the circumstances that drives you. Please return a new primetime “Deal or No Deal” and Daytime “DOND” to the TV where it belongs! I miss it and love the show.

PS: Oh Mimi I agree with you wholeheartedly!!!

March 29, 2011 at 12:06 am
(70) Sean says:

Love and miss Deal or no Deal!!!…T.V definately needs another show like this…It Keeps you off your seat @ home and really makes you think what you would do in their position with the amount of money that is being offered to them…I really can’t believe the show supposedly did not have a big following i absolutely loved it.

March 30, 2011 at 8:51 pm
(71) Linda says:

Sean has said the words that I have said many times over and over. It’s great knowing others are still fighting for the show “Deal Or No Deals” return. So I say DITTO to your statement, and I give you KUDOS for your statement, also so if I had a hat on I would take it off to you for your statement!!! The best thing about seeing the “Deal Or No Deal” show is the quality of it, and the showmanship of the Host, and the differences of each contestant is so exciting! To know that there are so many of us that share this camaraderie about this outstanding show “Deal Or No Deal” is a wonderful thing in itself. So who ever handles bringing back TV shows come to your senses and bring back “Deal Or No Deal”. May the “Deal Or No Deal” force be with us!!!

October 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm
(72) hazel says:

WELL I JUST THINK ITS A DAMN SHAME, I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT DEAL OR NO DEAL UNTILL 2010, I AM ADDICTED TO THE RERUNS …. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THIS GAME SHOW WHEN IT WAS AIRING I SURELY WOULD HAVE TUNNED IN AND DEFINATELY WENT TO A CASTING! WISH THEY WOULD BRING IT BACK…..

October 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm
(73) Linda says:

Like Dorothy made magic with clicking her heels together in the “Wizard of Oz” to take her out of the land of Oz back to her home in Kansas, I wish we could make magic by clicking our knuckles together to bring “Deal Or No Deal” back to television with new shows. It works for Howie….

October 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm
(74) Dorothy says:

PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK!!! =(…EVEN THOUGH I WOULD LOVE TO BE A CONTESTANT, I WOULD STILL LOVE TO WATCH THE SHOW.I NEVER MISSED A SHOW

October 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm
(75) Dorothy says:

DEAL OR NO DEAL IS ONE OF THE BEST GAME SHOWS I HAVE EVER WATCHED! MY HUSBAND CLAIMED THAT I WAS OBSESSED WITH THE SHOW…I EVEN GOT MY CHILDREN WATCHING THE SHOW WITH ME. PLEASE BRING BACK THE ACTUAL SHOW..I’M TIRED OF RE-RUNS..AND PLUS I WOULD’VE DEFINITELY HAVE LOVED TO BE A CONTESTANT =(

December 30, 2011 at 9:47 am
(76) alex says:

thats crazy, i’ve been trying to send in applications and now i find out its off the air…i hope no stranger has my info….bring the show back it was a good thing, changed alot of people’s live’s, hope it would of helped me out as well by being on the show….good luck all and a happy new year.

December 31, 2011 at 12:54 am
(77) Linda says:

Ditto….to everything Dorthy and Alex commented. Now lets get the show on the road, and get a new season of new shows of “Deal Or No Deal” back on the TV where it belongs!!! It is now New Years Eve by my clock, now lets lets bring in the “New Year of 2012″ in with style by the return of new and fresh shows of “Deal Or No Deal”!!!

May 21, 2012 at 1:02 pm
(78) michelle says:

I was very upset to hear that Deal or No Deal was canceled, I have tried several times to get on this show, Please bring it back, For my episode I would like it to be a Michael Jackson theme, the girls dressed in black with white glittery socks and high heels and a glove and I will be dressed the same but in pants. I loved this game so please bring it back even if you just do holiday shows. I stil watch the reruns, even created my own sheet to play along which I am very good at, I also have the board and wii game which I have gotten some of my family members involved in and they love it, went out and got their own. NBC Please think about bringing it back and make is easier to become a contestant.

Thank

#1 Fan

July 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm
(79) Diane says:

I love the show I make sure I do not plan anything that time of day so I can watch your show. wow we need to do something about this. What can we do as a viewer to help you because I would love to watch. I have never been on the show but I can dream and it gives me hope and at night I can spend money buying things for everyone and of course I try and buy something for myself but end up falling asleep when I supposed to shop. But never the less we want the show back on.
This show gives people hope.
Diane

July 13, 2012 at 4:20 pm
(80) Linda Caroots says:

I love it when someone makes a comment on here about the “Deal Or No Deal” show. It gives me hope that one day in the near future this great show will be brought back to life. It never hurts to dream, dreams do come true. Michelle and Diane keep your fingers crossed, wish upon shooting stars, Twinkle Twinkle upon the first star you see tonight, find a four leaf clover, when it’s 11:11 on the clock make a wish……You never know what could happen!!!

July 16, 2012 at 2:23 am
(81) Jenny says:

Deal or no deal please come back to me. I Miss getting excited watching the people come down to the last 8 cases.My Only dream in this whole world is to be on deal or no deal.I want a camouflage theme and I need the money for my camouflage themed wedding. If anyone hears anything about the show please post!

August 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm
(82) Linda says:

D – Dang !!!
O – Oh !!!
N – No !!!
D – Deal !!!

Whyyyy? How can a great show of the highest caliber be throw away like this!!!? It’s been a while since a new show of “Deal Or No Deal” has been on TV. Even though has been cancelled it can always be brought back. So get busy and make it happen TV world!!!

Dreamin’, I’m always dreamin’, hopin’ my dream will come true…..

February 26, 2013 at 2:09 pm
(83) barry1817 says:

it was a fun game for a while, but a low information type game with no challenge to the person watching, unlike Jeopardy or wheel of fortune.

And the interminable time to reveal the suitcase, is just a gimmick to heighten suspense that got old really quickly

February 27, 2013 at 6:07 pm
(84) Linda says:

Barry! Barry! Barry! games like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, The Price is Right, and Let’s make A Deal, etc. etc.ect, are all filled with the excitement of a judgement call, and the anticipation of waiting a few seconds to see the outcome. Win or lose it’s thrilling!!! My (Q)-(Q)’s are always watching for “Deal or no Deal” to return to TV, Here again it’s the anticipation of waiting for something wonderful to happen!

April 20, 2013 at 3:48 pm
(85) leymo says:

tell nbc to bring deal or no deal back please they have to put it on again i hpe howie is not putting on take it all i like the canada verson i want to be in it

June 20, 2013 at 2:58 am
(86) Lynda says:

Oh no!!!!!how can deal be taken off with no warning ????I am addicted to this love it what’s happened ????

February 25, 2014 at 3:11 pm
(87) Suzy says:

I enjoyed it until it became too personal with the contestants and also the models would make comments. This became boring. Until then it was. Ok .