1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

Take a Survey to Give GSN Your Feedback

By January 28, 2010

GSN has put out a viewer survey, asking for opinions on what people like to watch on television, and play online. More specifically, it's asking what types of reality TV shows you enjoy, as well as game shows. I'm not sure if this is an effort to really determine if reality shows are the way to go, or if they're trying to decide what types of reality shows they're going to press ahead with.

I took the survey, but got shown the door halfway through when I got a message saying something to the effect that my demographic was already well-represented. I did get through the TV questions though, and I found them to be a little leading in nature. Take the survey yourself and let me know if you agree.

I don't mean to be hard on GSN - they're the only game show channel in town at the moment, and I'd love to see them enjoy a real surge in popularity. I'm also not anti-reality-TV by a long shot. Still, docu-reality is really the wrong way to go for GSN, and I know a lot of you feel the same way. Take a look at the ratings for Carnie Wilson: Unstapled and Hidden Agenda over at BuzzerBlog for proof of this.

Take the survey at GSN.com/survey, but if you're not satisfied that your voice is being heard, here's how to contact the networks directly. Maybe with a concerted effort, we can spare ourselves the pain of having to watch weight loss and Bunco reality shows.

Logo courtesy GSN

Comments

January 28, 2010 at 2:34 pm
(1) Myke25 says:

Well Carrie, I made it through the entire survey. My gut tells me they are thinking one of two things:

1) GSN could be converted into another all-reality channel. Or…

2) They are looking to see how popular a more interactive, multi-platform GSN would be.

Considering I stated right off the bat that I do not watch reality/competition shows…they kept asking a lot of questions about them.

January 28, 2010 at 4:36 pm
(2) Jason S. says:

I generally got the message across that I don’t like reality shows. Although I won’t lie, I do watch American Idol. Maybe they’ll come out with GSN’s America Can Sing! lol

January 28, 2010 at 7:39 pm
(3) Wayne says:

Well that survey sure took long enough.

Myke25–even though they kept asking about the reality shows, there were still plenty of game show questions in there (at least when I took it, but being a census year, maybe I got the long form?)

I pretty much told them loud and clear I don’t bother with reality shows, and yet the survey told me I indicated I watched them.

January 28, 2010 at 10:26 pm
(4) Carrie says:

Thanks for the feedback Myke. I only got halfway through – up to the questions about whether or not I played online, and then suddenly I wasn’t in their focus group any longer. And I had answered yes to those questions.

I got the same impression. Well, that mixed in with, “We’re doing reality shows now. Tell us which formats you prefer.”

January 29, 2010 at 5:37 pm
(5) Julia says:

I get the sense that they know which way they’re heading. They just want certain people to answer their survey, and if you want a true survey on how a network is doing, wouldn’t you want to include everyone? Sure, the station is moving in one direction, but why not listen to your fans (if there are any left) and your ratings, and steer the network in a direction that will actually make money. You think losing almost 8 mil viewers within a week just in the time periods your two newest shows are airing would get them thinking that this is not working. But then again, I’m smart, and they run a TV network. If NBC can fuck up, so can GSN.

January 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm
(6) Erica says:

I just sent Gsn a message. I basically told them, I do not like most of the shows they created themselves, especially Catch 21, I am sick and tired of that show and it’s annoying host. I also complained that I am tired of seeing their constant ads at the end of each show. I want to be able to see/hear the products offered to the contestants at the end of the classic shows and I want to be able to hear the theme play and hear the announcer announce, “This is Gene Wood, speaking for Family Feud, A Mark Goodsen, Bill Todman Production.” Thank you!

January 30, 2010 at 10:07 pm
(7) Wayne says:

Gotta agree with Erica about those old ads, that was part of the reason I loved watching GSN in the past–to see the old packaging and prices of prizes.

No need to self promote at that time, if I’m watching the channel in the first place, I’m already a fan, and most of us receive GSN on a higher “digital” tier of cable which means on screen guide and I’ve already seen what’s coming up…

February 1, 2010 at 1:43 pm
(8) Dorothy says:

I prefer game shows that test my intelligence. I really don’t care that Carnie Wilson overspends. Give me back Jeopardy. The old game shows are creepy since I know most of the hosts are no longer with us.

February 1, 2010 at 4:35 pm
(9) Edith Bacchetta says:

PLEASE,PLEASE GET RID OF CARNIE WILSON,UNSTAPLED!
ALSO, HIDDEN AGENDA! GIVE US GAME SHOWS THAT HELPS US TO USE OUR BRAINS!GIVE US VARIETY INSTEAD OF CONSTANT RE-RUNS OF FAMILY FEUD AND DEAL OR NO DEAL.

February 2, 2010 at 9:47 am
(10) Carrie says:

Well, if the comments and e-mails I’m getting directly and reading elsewhere are any indication, GSN is getting plenty of feedback from viewers. That’s a good thing.

Keep sending your feedback in, folks. This is the only way to let networks know how you feel (well, that and actually tuning in to the shows you really like, of course).

Then the ball is in their court. It’ll be interesting to see what they actually *do* with all of this information.

February 2, 2010 at 7:58 pm
(11) Lil Gillies says:

Short and simple and reflecting other messages. TAKE OFF Carnie Wilson, DEAL or NO DEAl, BOB SAGET or at least STOP REPEATING THEM 15 TIMES A DAY. Bring back Password, Dawson’s Feud, Millionaire, the old Newlywed Game to mention a few. I thought that was what your purpose was. I like to watch for some humor and entertainment, not someone like Carney Wilson ad nauseum. Right at this point, when I turn your channel on, see Carnie, it is immediately turned off. WAKE UP

February 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm
(12) chuck cuba says:

I do not care for the Carnie Wilson show. I do not think that her personal problems belong on a Game Show net work. Keep the old shows as they help pass the time and are enjoyable

February 5, 2010 at 8:53 pm
(13) Shelley says:

I love Hidden Agenda, and the old game shows. I think it’s great to have a bit of a mix, and appeal to a wider demographic. Offering old and new game shows, reality TV, I thinks it’s a great idea. I love Hidden Agenda, it’s a funny show.

February 9, 2010 at 12:39 pm
(14) Sandra says:

The GSN channel has been one of my favorites & I often had
it on most of the day – I could either watch it or listen to it
as I worked around the house. However, I very much dislike the direction that you seem to be going. In my opinion, both the Carnie Wilson show and Hidden Agenda
are terrible. In my opinion, they do NOT belong on a
GAME SHOW NETWORK!!!! Many of my friends and I are
starting to watch/listen to other networks!

February 9, 2010 at 3:43 pm
(15) harry livengood says:

clean up your network! no longer a family network!
wilson a nasty, crude person,.

February 9, 2010 at 5:06 pm
(16) Iris E Garcia-Carrero says:

like to c d super password game back on d air. I believe you r going d reality shows way, they stink. I watch Carnie. Hidden Agenda,don’t watch is stupid.Stop watching Carnie when she bought that $1,000.00 baby bag is a disgrace and fullish spending when there is ppl that can’t buy a can of soup.Never seen anyone with so much being so SCREW UP.

February 10, 2010 at 2:02 am
(17) Ronni says:

A while back GSN had asked for ideas and we voted on them and then they proceeded to ignore everything the viewers said. Does anyone know the results of that little excercise? Also, they are cutting back on everything! No more TV Tuesday, reduction in value of the cash prizes for on air games. Raising the amount of Oodles needed to redeem prizes. Still lacking availability of the desirable gift cards (which was the topic of many of the suggestions given by most of the viewers). And now the reality show nonsense, it’s bad enough they are on one evening a week, but now, the constant repitition and during our already shortened GSNlive game show time.

March 7, 2010 at 3:13 pm
(18) karen says:

Personallyl I think Carnie Wilson Unstapled is a BIG waste of time…….expecially since it is on at least 3 times every day…….sooooooo guess how many times I turn off GSN? ? ? 3 times a day. Hope it will be over soon !!! I do like 1 VS 100 but how about some NEW shows with it? Also enjoy Family Feud, Password, etc…….some old timers !! How about getting Trivia Pursuit? Just get rid of Carnie and her big nasty mouth Feel sorry for her kids

May 27, 2010 at 6:34 pm
(19) Wanda says:

Bob Guiney is cute but miss the ladies on GSN.Enjoy Baggage with Springer;my other man.As for American Idol Chrystal should have won.We will buy her music when it comes out and go to her concerts in local area.We enjoy watching 1 vs 100 and Deal or No Deal:Howie Mandel is a catch; his wife needs to be lucky to have him with my character Bobby.

August 24, 2010 at 10:15 am
(20) marsha w. says:

as a home bound viewer, why not up date games such as1-verses100 or 25thousand pyrmid for sure card sharks!!some game, shows are truly tacky!!!!!

December 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(21) Kathy says:

On deal or no deal, get rid of that ugly host & put woman as host on for once. Also put dudes on for the numbers!

June 11, 2012 at 7:16 pm
(22) James says:

First off why do you need my email? are you going to track down and try to BORE me more? I was soooooo glad when Car wreck wilson gort the ax, which she most likely ate. Now let’s get ride of the fowl _ _ _ Sherri> I started watchin a fe

June 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(23) James says:

First off why do you need my email? are you going to track down and try to BORE me more? I was soooooo glad when Car wreck wilson gort the ax, which she most likely ate. Now let’s get ride of the fowl _ _ _ Sherri mouthed Bitch….. I started watchin a few years ago. I thought the snnouncers were all crappy. Then you went reality, what the hell is reality about Crying ass Carnie? She is a real waste of time. Why do you advertise Family Fued and Are you smarter when we know that they are all reruns of reruns. I know you show reruns but how about Louie Anderson and the other host. Bring back Card Sharks with Ubanks. You must have gotten areal deal on five or six episodes of shows. There were more Game shows then you shoe. I Carly is your only competition for more reruins. Drop Saget, Sherri Smith and Engaval, also.

June 11, 2012 at 7:26 pm
(24) James says:

Why did you cut my comment off. Did I get to the truth?

June 11, 2012 at 7:46 pm
(25) James says:

Bring back some Family Fued with Ray Combs and Louie Anderson. Bring in Diane Mizoto and send Sherri Smith out to pasture with Carnie Wilson. What makes The Newly Wed game a GSN original??? I am sure Mr. Richard Dawson was on before GSN was a gleam in someones eye.

January 11, 2013 at 8:09 pm
(26) Louie says:

I don’t mind any of the shows except its the same show all night long
what ever happened to a verity

January 17, 2013 at 11:51 pm
(27) Linda says:

Hey Game Show Network !! What is up with all my time wasted !
Every time I put your channel on ALL I SEE is Family F***D !! Bring
back the original Lingo !! Match Game .The Original .Starting from
the first one in order !! What’s My Line,Original Gong Show, Pass Word, The Real one !! The new Pyrmid suck’s !! Do you people
get your jolly’s out of non- stop Feud ???

January 23, 2013 at 3:49 pm
(28) Aileen Zimmerman says:

I love GSN TV. #1 could be “ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER. That show is terrific, with a perfect host making it better than anyone could imagine. KEEP IT ON PLEASE. Thank you.

January 23, 2013 at 11:19 pm
(29) Linda says:

Hey, Game Show Net !!!!! With all undue respect,
Get The Feud Out Of Here !!!!!!

January 25, 2013 at 5:35 pm
(30) Jaiden says:

Family feud rocks I want to win 20,0000 dollars.I watch it every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 25, 2013 at 5:46 pm
(31) Jaiden says:

Family feud is the best.

March 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm
(32) debra says:

The game does not work. Twice now I have noticed that I am playing 9 credits and the game is deducting over 90 credits per spin. Also, often the winning points are not added in to the total. I Realize that the coins are free. but i have lost 5000-10000 points already. Please fix this. Thanks. Debra

April 20, 2013 at 9:10 pm
(33) JJ says:

why is it not working in rapid city

May 28, 2013 at 4:57 pm
(34) Meg says:

MINUTE TO WIN IT IS THE STUPIDEST SHOW EVER!! TAKE IT OFF THE AIR! I WATCH GSN 24/7 BUT CHANGE THE CHANNEL WHEN M2W COMES ON. CATCH 21 IS REALLY STUPID ALSO, TAKE IT OFF. PLAY FAMILY FEUD ALL THE TIME!!!

October 13, 2013 at 5:53 am
(35) Stanley Arceneaux says:

I like dog eat dog but why does it come on so late or early in the morning? Why can’t this show appear earlier in the day.

October 24, 2013 at 2:49 am
(36) Chuck Leto says:

I am so sick of seeing repeats of family feud, Newly Wed Game, Baggage. There are 18 Family Feuds in a day, 10 Baggage all day and night. I really think that’s over doing it a bit and need some more variety. You need to revise and bring back some new versions of the game shows like………High Rollers, Concentration, Tic Tac Dough, etc. Just like you did with Newly Wed Game.

November 7, 2013 at 2:28 pm
(37) Luella Leu says:

First, if you are going to comment, learn how to spell. I watch GSN 7 days a week. Love Bill Engval and Steve Harvey is the best host of Family Feud EVER. Cannot stand the other two. More games are needed rather than hours of the same reruns. One good thing about getting old is that I often don’t remember some of the shows (except vaguely) and can enjoy them the second time around. Must agree Minute to Win it is silly and boring. Never saw Carnie Wilson and now I’m glad I haven’t.

November 10, 2013 at 1:18 am
(38) Geraldine Rafferty says:

Knock off the constant reruns of Family Feud and all the obnoxious constant clapping . Clapping for wrong answers is really nuts.