1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Carrie Grosvenor

Catch 21 Now Casting

By August 3, 2009

Yet another game show is looking for new contestants. GSN's own Catch 21, hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro, has sent out a call looking for some fresh players for their upcoming season.

If you're interested in playing the game, which has a top prize of $26,000, send the following information to catch21show@gmail.com:
  • Your name
  • Your phone number
  • A recent photo of yourself
The show films in Los Angeles.

If you're planning on applying to be a contestant on Catch 21, you'll be doing yourself a favor by brushing up on your card-playing skills. We've seen quite a few contestants last season who struggled with the game, particularly with adding up the cards - you might have a bit of an advantage if you're good at this kind of thing!

Photo courtesy GSN

Comments

August 3, 2009 at 8:19 pm
(1) Chad Mosher says:

Or at least brush up on basic addition skills. Goodness sakes..

August 3, 2009 at 8:29 pm
(2) Jason S. says:

I sent an email to them with all of the required information. I’m not sure if I would be able to travel to Los Angeles but maybe I could. I’m a fan so I know how the game should be played. I wish I could just make a video for them and they can cast me from that. Going all the way to LA for an audition seems a bit much.

August 12, 2009 at 10:41 pm
(3) Marquis Lewis says:

I sent my info. Hopefully they’ll call back. =]

August 14, 2009 at 2:29 pm
(4) Kat says:

OMG are you guys crazy. No game show would have an email like catch21show@gmail.com

It’s a random person who made an email address and wants ppl’s names and phone numbers.

If it were the real show they wouldn’t have an email address with gmail.com it would be with their tv network for example @nbc.com

August 14, 2009 at 3:37 pm
(5) gameshows says:

Actually Kat, it’s common practice for networks both big and small to create “disposable” e-mail addresses for casting purposes for game shows and reality shows. This is indeed a legit e-mail address.

October 20, 2009 at 8:42 pm
(6) Jim W says:

I contacted another show with a similar e-mail and I got a real response. I auditioned and am still waiting for the word.

September 2, 2010 at 3:14 pm
(7) Thimp says:

Actually, the email is legit. I corresponded through this email, was picked to be on the show and WON! My episode just aired! I am not joking, this happened to me, seriously!

July 20, 2012 at 2:17 pm
(8) tosha blondin says:

i love catch 21 my favorite show ever i also liked the show you did with will smith that was funny please let me be on your show I have to get more money for my kids school my and trampolene lol please pick me whoooooooooooooo i love catch 21

August 2, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(9) willow says:

Family Feud with Steve Harvey should be renamed ADULT Family Feud. He has so many unfamily like comments and leers that it isn’t much of a family show.

August 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm
(10) Willow says:

The show would be more interesting if Alphonso would let the contestants play without him telling them what they need to bust others out or what they need to win. Let contestants use their own skills, they know the rules so let them play. Watching the host play can get boring.

August 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm
(11) lovely zee says:

I ENJOY WATCHING THIS SHOW…!!!! I CAN USE THE MONEY IM BOUT TO KEEP MY GRANDDAUGHTER WHILE MY DAUGHTER GOES TO THE AIRFORCE…SOME CHUCKY CHEESE MONEY..!!!!!

November 7, 2013 at 7:50 pm
(12) Tracy says:

I love this show and I know I would win that $$$$$ 25000!!!! $$$$$

May 14, 2014 at 6:26 pm
(13) Rhonda Sines says:

I want my husband to go on the show. This man is sick about the show. Whatever were doing, it can’t be during the back to back shows of Catch 21. We can miss all of my shows and many of his, but not his Alphonso. Either way, it’s very entertaining.