1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

Weekend Poll: Who's Your Favorite Host of Family Feud?

By March 21, 2009

Here's something light for the first weekend of Spring! With the colorful history of Family Feud, we've had five regular hosts who have varied greatly in both style and audience reception.

The question I pose to you, then, is who is your favorite host? I have a feeling that this will really be a race for second place, as original host Richard Dawson set the tone for the game way back in 1976. It's hard to imagine the Feud ever being as successful as it's been without him. Then again, you've all surprised me on more than one occasion with your poll responses, so let's see how this one turns out!

Comments

March 21, 2009 at 10:38 am
(1) Propagandhi says:

What would be interesting is who is the worst host of FF? I have feeling it would be Louie. I personally despised Karn. He was an inept buffoon that could just not pull off a punch line to save his life.

March 21, 2009 at 11:09 am
(2) gameshows says:

That’s a good idea for a poll for next weekend.

In Karn’s defense, at least he seemed happy to be there. The same can’t be said for Anderson.

March 22, 2009 at 3:05 pm
(3) Jason says:

You know what would be so awesome. Now that their have been 5 hosts of Family Feud they should get them all together as a team on Family Feud for Celebrity FF hosted by Al Rocker. Wouldn’t that be so cool to see them on one team and in one place vieing for the same prize they’ve been giving away to others for generations!

March 22, 2009 at 3:09 pm
(4) Jason says:

Oops I just realized that Ray Combs died a tragic death in 1996, I guess maybe Al Rocker could take his place and Meredith Viera can host.

January 22, 2010 at 7:57 am
(5) Bonnie says:

I think both Richard Karns and Ray Combs were the best chosen for Hosts of FF after Richard Dawson.
Those two were funny, witty, and really had a good time doing that show. I was shocked to see in the Poll that John O’Hurley was liked best after Richard Dawson. To me, O’Hurley seemed stiff and uncomfortable being a host on FF. It was like he was always watching the time and never said anything funny. Kudo’s to Karn and Combs, they were the best and funniest and made that show.

February 25, 2010 at 6:49 pm
(6) Jeff says:

Richard Karns was not witty nor funny.

March 3, 2010 at 10:34 pm
(7) Howie says:

Richard Karn was the best and most fitting Family Feud host.