1. Entertainment
Carrie Grosvenor

Million Dollar Password, the Board Game

By November 29, 2008

Just in time for Christmas, Endless Games has released a new Million Dollar Password board game. I've yet to try this one, but it looks like fun! The game includes over 3,000 passwords and plays out just like the show. The release date was November 28th, so you should be able to find it on store shelves now.

I have no idea if this one contains those red and blue vinyl password card holders from the original home game. Remember those? With the little colored plastic windows that separated the red team's words from the blue team's? That was by far my favorite "board" game when I was growing up.

This new updated version might make a good Christmas gift for the game show fan in your life (or, you know, for yourself!). You can compare prices here, and be sure to check out my Holiday Gift Guide for Game Show Lovers for more gift ideas.

Photo courtesy PriceGrabber

Comments

November 30, 2008 at 9:22 pm
(1) John Paul says:

YES, the red and blue vinyl holders are in fact included! I thought the same thing when I first opened the box.

November 30, 2008 at 11:37 pm
(2) gameshows says:

Oh, that’s good news! Thanks John Paul! It’s crazy how excited I am about the card holders.

How’s the game? :-)

December 4, 2008 at 6:24 pm
(3) John Paul says:

The game’s fun; I’m just looking forward to playing it with a bigger group. And the built in show music on the countdown timers is a trip.

December 26, 2008 at 10:39 pm
(4) amber says:

This game is impossible!! I played with 3 other college educated people and never passed the 10,000 level. And the music…it’s way too loud and distracting and ended up using a stopwatch instead. As for the blue and red vinyl covers, that’s the only remotely “cool” thing about it.

December 28, 2008 at 9:33 pm
(5) Melinda says:

I can’t seem to find this game anywhere! Where are you guys finding this game?

December 29, 2008 at 12:30 pm
(6) gameshows says:

Melinda – you can order it online at Amazon or others. The “Compare Prices” link in the post above should give you some ideas. In store though, I’m not sure since I live in Canada and they haven’t stocked them here yet. Hopefully someone can help you out!

December 31, 2008 at 10:43 am
(7) Brian says:

I got Million Dollar Password for Christmas and haven’t stopped playing for the past 5 days! We’ve had family tournaments daily! This is a lot of fun, and we even allowed the younger kids to adjust the rules (like using more than one word clues) to help them stay in the game. This is really just like the TV show, and the classic blue card holders are a treat for those of us who still like the classic Password home game! Great job

January 16, 2009 at 6:12 pm
(8) jessica says:

You can buy this game a Target